Ninja H2 banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a phone call from Pit Bull ...the pin on the stand is short and the stand can contact the wheel when placed on that side. They're sending me a new pin that should solve the problem. Probably longer with a shoulder to offset it from hitting the wheel

I had seen that myself but hadn't called them yet. That is just good customer support!

·
Registered
94 Posts
I just bought the hybrid rear ss stand...no call from there, maybe they fixed ity before I bought mine? What do they consider 'short'?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Hope the pin is at least 8 inches long, which is what it would take

to contact both 12 point inserts.

The spacer inside is a larger ID , so less than a full length 8 "pin will be

a bit sloppy.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the original pin was probably standard length of normal pins ~4 inches? and it seemed wobbly to me and totally wrong on the wheel side

...the person that called seemed to know exactly the problem and I suspect they will address it, a long pin like the Kawi stand. I will snap a photo of the new pin when I get it.

Reactions: ZX-14R_stealthrider

·
Registered
220 Posts
Here is quick and dirty.

The Ducati stand uses a 25 mm ID ( .985 inch ) bearing in the spindle.

Had some 1 inch threaded rod that has been under the table for years.

OD was .990 inch.

Shaved it just a bit and bought some 1 inch by 8 pitch jam nuts.

Used a 25 mm axle sleeve from the junk box to make the right hand nut easier to reach,

since the wheel has a recess on the right hand side.

Sleeve has a bevel end to match the bevel in the kaw spindle.

Sleeve not on red stand in 1st picture.

Can hand tighten to make an even more secure fit and stand stays on bike if

I want to move it around the garage.

Can also use another piece with my 2 point rear stand.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Here is quick and dirty.

The Ducati stand uses a 25 mm ID ( .985 inch ) bearing in the spindle.

Had some 1 inch threaded rod that has been under the table for years.

OD was .990 inch.

Shaved it just a bit and bought some 1 inch by 8 pitch jam nuts.

Used a 25 mm axle sleeve from the junk box to make the right hand nut easier to reach,

since the wheel has a recess on the right hand side.
M
Sleeve has a bevel end to match the bevel in the kaw spindle.

Sleeve no on red stand in 1st picture.

Can hand tighten to make an even more secure fit and stand stays on bike if

I want to move it around the garage.

Can also use another piece with my 2 point rear stand.

Sounds good any pics?

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
I have that moto-d stand...the pin is a tad smaller than the ID of the hub.I'm gonna get some of that non-slip adhesive backed 'tape'...the kind they use on walkways and such...wrap a couple of times...should be fine.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I ordered the PitBull rear and a front head stand. I got the call on Wednesday at the dealership. I told her bike was on the stands outside my office. She asked me not to use it till I got he new pin. She did not explain the problem. I do like the stands. Very high quality. The clearance between the fairing and the fender is tight for the headstand. I worry about scratching the bike when putting it on the head stand. I am going to warp the stand in some kind of soft material. I do like that the head stand seems to be more steady than the fork stand I was using on my ZX10R.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The little pin grew from 3.5 to 9 inches. Looks more like the OEM stand now.

Attachments

Reactions: ZX-14R_stealthrider

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Good point about flex maybe the others with a wide box construction could be much stiffer? ..Ive been out of town in Vegas for supercross so haven't lifted it yet. I will lift it and try to measure any deflection a few degrees of droop and the thing could walk off. I don't think it'll be a problem tho same stand for many different bikes no problems I've heard. The tubing is high quality maybe moly? and heavy walled and the welds look fantastic. The pin is not perfectly smooth but has grooves from turning that would hold onto the bike.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Works fine for me. Had the front wheel in a baxley sport wheel chock, slid the longer pin in and it rotated right up with no discerned flex or bounce.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Good point about flex maybe the others with a wide box construction could be much stiffer? ..Ive been out of town in Vegas for supercross so haven't lifted it yet. I will lift it and try to measure any deflection a few degrees of droop and the thing could walk off. I don't think it'll be a problem tho same stand for many different bikes no problems I've heard. The tubing is high quality maybe moly? and heavy walled and the welds look fantastic. The pin is not perfectly smooth but has grooves from turning that would hold onto the bike.
Nothing walking off of this.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Just in case the guys here with the Moto-D stand don't know(or realize)..if your turning the rear wheel(like oiling the chain or something)Watch out for the pin on that stand.The hub will walk away from the pin when turning.I don't know why they didn't consider this when they welded the pin arm on there.Just a heads up...you guys probably already knew this though...it's my first single sided swingarm stand.Other than that...it works fine.Basically,it makes the bike when lifted slightly off vertical to the right.(which I don't particularly care for).

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Can anyone here advise me on a front stand that will lift the front wheel off for removal....Obviously,one lifting from the axle or therabouts isn't gonna work.Probably gonna need a stem pin lift deal...

·
Registered
350 Posts
Can anyone here advise me on a front stand that will lift the front wheel off for removal....Obviously,one lifting from the axle or therabouts isn't gonna work.Probably gonna need a stem pin lift deal...
PIT BULL HYBRID DUAL LIFT - FRONT STAND with Pin #34 , FRONT

Go here: Pit Bull Products Hybrid Dual Lift - Motorcycle Front Stand

By the way, the PIT BULL HYBRID ONE ARMED - REAR STAND for the H2/H2R "offers great leverage and stability and the ball bearing head makes it easy to spin the wheel for chain oiling."

Go here: Pit Bull Products Hybrid One Armed Rear - Kawasaki H2/H2R

·
Registered
539 Posts
You'll also want to watch Pit Bull's video of their stand:

How to use the Pit Bull Hybrid One Armed Rear for Ducati, Triumph, Honda, BMW, MV Agusta, and other single sided swingarm motorcycles. We break down the new features on our 2013 rendition of this product as well as show you how easy it is to use. Made in the USA and features a lifetime warranty.
Pit Bull Hybrid One Armed Rear Stand Single sided swingarm stand

1 - 20 of 97 Posts