Ninja H2 banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Lol I didn't dare bring up the subject again, I'm sure he's gathering a bunch of new info and cooking up some crazy stuff in the kitchen...(cams and h2r exhaust :D)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How many are there of us waiting for Brocks stage 2 ? I think a show of support might be motivation for progress. It's his business decision about whether to pursue but it would be helpful to know if that is still the plan.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I would say 3/4 of us. The 1/4 that have cut their stock exhaust, probably not. But still that's a pretty good crowd.
I think it would be vey polite to tell us if they were still going through with a complete system.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Right now he's testing all sorts of combinations and playing with timing.....I suspect the gain for a full system was not there like a lot might of thought.....with the flash providing 100% open throttle after 10,500 RPMs that will give her a good kick in the ass but the cat has to go.....take that off and flash her and she will rip. But now add some timing changes and that will be even more, however for me I'm not going to mess with timing. Kawasaki set it where it's at with the anti knock system I place for a reason and I've blown way too many super charged motors to hurt my new lady......I guess I will have to settle for 243 at the rear wheel... :( lol

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
It's a real shame that the exhaust is one-piece back to the can, meaning it isn't possible to de-cat the system without cutting it. Most owners will probably opt for a complete new system so that the original is left intact.

There was an interesting comment I read in MCN (UK weekly bike paper) saying that the H2 was one of the few bikes that ought to appreciate in value and makes a good investment. The caveat was that it needs to be complete and original. It must have the boxed Kawasaki H2 book complete with engraved plate containing the bike's number, the original service books etc and any other things which were supplied to the owner. This is a very good reason not to cut the exhaust or, for UK owners given the Akrapovic, not to sell the original end-can.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Somefun or OneArmBandit - Believe these are your bikes below? Somefuns has the 10R slip on & OneArmBandits the R1Ms?? What are he pros/cons of removing/keeping the 02 sensor? Wonder how OneArmBandit mounted the muffler? Did you guys hire someone to weld the pipe between the down pipes & slip on - Can I ask who? I'm in Long Island, NY, I live about 3 hours from Don Guhl so would it make sense to bring the bike to him if I can duplicate your guys setup or is it just as good to send Don my ECU & have my dealer do the ECU install? I've never removed an ECU so uncomfortable doing it myself. Anything else I should know about this sort of setup? Sorry for so many questions, I'm trying to understand this work. Maybe I should wait to see what Brock's develops but dying to get rid of the stock exhaust & I know from previous bikes of mine that I won't be happy with just a slip on without removing the cat.

·
Registered
40 Posts
If the dealer re-installs your ECU knowing it's been hacked,are you concerned that they will instantly void your warranty?

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
If the dealer re-installs your ECU knowing it's been hacked,are you concerned that they will instantly void your warranty?
My Kawasaki service manager has a ZX14 w/ Don Guhls ECU and would like to do the ECU install on my H2. I assume if something goes wrong down the road engine wise yes it would probably be an issue but didn't ask, it's not critical to me. My Porsche dealer installed my flashed ECU plus a bunch of other intake, exhaust mods on my turbo and they back the work not sure if the Kawa dealer will do same, but probably not. The stock exhaust has to go. I knew buying the H2 that I wanted to do the ECU, pipe work, definitely willing to lose the 1 yr warranty to get the H2 to where I want & where Kawasaki intended the bike to be.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Gotcha,all valid points. We should meet up one Sunday for a ride :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Up North, a few miles from Bear Mountain/Harriman. Used to drive out to Captree on sunday mornings when I had my AMG.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Somefun or OneArmBandit - Believe these are your bikes below? Somefuns has the 10R slip on & OneArmBandits the R1Ms?? What are he pros/cons of removing/keeping the 02 sensor? Wonder how OneArmBandit mounted the muffler? Did you guys hire someone to weld the pipe between the down pipes & slip on - Can I ask who? I'm in Long Island, NY, I live about 3 hours from Don Guhl so would it make sense to bring the bike to him if I can duplicate your guys setup or is it just as good to send Don my ECU & have my dealer do the ECU install? I've never removed an ECU so uncomfortable doing it myself. Anything else I should know about this sort of setup? Sorry for so many questions, I'm trying to understand this work. Maybe I should wait to see what Brock's develops but dying to get rid of the stock exhaust & I know from previous bikes of mine that I won't be happy with just a slip on without removing the cat.

Stradale the top bike is mine with the 2011 10R AKR slip on......I ditched to O2 sensor and have had no issues what so ever. I had Bullet Customs (from Shelton CT) make me the custom link pipe and weld the collector. Guys name is Tom Rotz. great guy for sure. I would just ship your ECU to Don. We tuned my bike at Don's place and as long as you are running the same set up you will be fine. Taking off the front fairing is a PIA but not too bad. that has to be done in order to get to the ECU. If your not a handy guy just have the dealer do it. My dealer works with me on the warranty so I wasn't worried. Brock has found out from what I read that the stock header was not holding the bike back rather it was maybe even helping it. ditch the cat for sure and the muffler and never look back. you can run the AKR with the insert or without it and its better (less noise with it in) but you will be losing like 6 to 8 HP by running it. I don't use it and just ride with very good fitted ear buds.....

·
Registered
867 Posts
You have to pull the headers.....

1 - 20 of 25 Posts