Ninja H2 banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up everyone, I posted a thread about looking to buy a used h2 a couple weeks ago but it made more sense to just buy new from the dealer for what price they were offering me. So I walked into the dealer today and rode it home. Feels weird cause I learned how to ride on my 14R and it's the only bike I've owned till now. Also never bought anything new in my life so thats pretty weird as well. Gotta baby this bitch till the break in period is over.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Awesome congratulations!!! How different it will be to your 14. I had my 13 Hayabusa same time too, talk about chalk and cheese!
I think you made the right move going new, especially getting the 16, has the updates and end day better value if you sell.
Well done!
Jeffro ;)

·
Registered
247 Posts
Beautiful! I am jealous, still waitin on my new girl. Cannot believe its taking this long for delivery. Your new machine looks fantastic. Look forward to hearing your impressions vs your 14R.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Receiving a new bike is one of life's joys . That should feel as different to ride as they are to look at , black and white.
When you fit a tail tidy for heavens sake don't use the same guy who done your garage wiring 😱😉

·
Registered
503 Posts
Enjoy

You forget how large the front of a 14r is, makes the H2 look erm, slim

Rob

·
Registered
765 Posts
Congratulations, I didn't bother to baby mine. When it arrived I did a 5 mile very light cruise going up and down the box then last it for the day. The next day I took it about 30 miles and gradually increased revs and load up to around 8krpm. I did that a few times until around 180 miles and could resist no more so it was redline 2,3,4 and then I just rode it however I felt:) remember not to leave it cruising in one gear or at same rpm for long. Have fun

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone! Very excited. It's definitely going to take some getting used to since I've never been on a bike this small and agile before.

Congratulations, I didn't bother to baby mine. When it arrived I did a 5 mile very light cruise going up and down the box then last it for the day. The next day I took it about 30 miles and gradually increased revs and load up to around 8krpm. I did that a few times until around 180 miles and could resist no more so it was redline 2,3,4 and then I just rode it however I felt:) remember not to leave it cruising in one gear or at same rpm for long. Have fun
I babied it for the first 40 or so miles then I did what you just said. Gradually increasing the revs in each gear to 8k rpm. Im at almost 200 miles on the bike now been doing that for about 150 miles so far. Going to take it for another long ride like that then I'm sure it'll be fine to beat on.

I got the extended warranty from my dealer for an extra 4 years after the factory 1yr ends. It was only 20 bucks extra a month totaling like 1200 for 4 yrs. He just told me that I can't open up the motor otherwise any other modification was fine.

·
Registered
625 Posts
& don't flash the ECU, that will immediately invalidate your four year warranty... Most on this forum have no warranty!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
& don't flash the ECU, that will immediately invalidate your four year warranty... Most on this forum have no warranty!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The guy told me I have a warranty as long as I don't open up the motor. Said that flash was okay.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Hey mate that's pretty cool. Here I was told any modifications even to the ECU will invalidate warranty. Good luck with your bike!
Jeffro;)

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
The guy told me I have a warranty as long as I don't open up the motor. Said that flash was okay.
"The guy told me" changes to "I never told him that" when his Manager asks him about it with Kawasaki Corporate on the phone.

Just buy a second ECU if you are worried about it. Guhl and Brock both sell a separate ECU thats flashed. Yes, thats costly, so is an out of warranty engine rebuild.

NOLA

·
Registered
836 Posts
Try the thing before you flash it , its got 200 BHP and will climb quickly in 3rd gear to the point you will have to back off or short shift , once going up a steep hill in 4th I had to ease off as the front was climbing to tipping point ! The traction control stops the rear tyre lighting up in almost every gear .
Turn off the KTC and tell me you need more power .

I know a lot of you guys are doing all sorts of things to your engines and fair play to you , also I have never ridden a flashed H2 so maybe I don't know what I'm missing but after 1800 miles I've never felt like I needed more power . It's not a fear thing as I have total confidence when it lifts in 3rd at at well over 100 MPH , it really wouldn't make that much difference to me if it lifted in 4th or even 5th all the time so for now at least I'll keep it standard .

PS NOLA'S correct ^^^^^

·
Registered
376 Posts
Try the thing before you flash it , its got 200 BHP and will climb quickly in 3rd gear to the point you will have to back off or short shift , once going up a steep hill in 4th I had to ease off as the front was climbing to tipping point ! The traction control stops the rear tyre lighting up in almost every gear .
Turn off the KTC and tell me you need more power .

I know a lot of you guys are doing all sorts of things to your engines and fair play to you , also I have never ridden a flashed H2 so maybe I don't know what I'm missing but after 1800 miles I've never felt like I needed more power . It's not a fear thing as I have total confidence when it lifts in 3rd at at well over 100 MPH , it really wouldn't make that much difference to me if it lifted in 4th or even 5th all the time so for now at least I'll keep it standard .

PS NOLA'S correct ^^^^^
Here here well said!
Jeffro ;)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I did a semi-hard break in for the first 200 miles as someone else had suggested they did as well in an earlier post. So tonight I took it for its first hard ride, more or less redlining every gear and obviously not 1st. It's definitely a fun bike, next time ill turn off ktrc instead of leaving it on 1. I could easily tell when it was cutting some power.

Anyhow, apparently my quickshifter isn't working..

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I did a semi-hard break in for the first 200 miles as someone else had suggested they did as well in an earlier post. So tonight I took it for its first hard ride, more or less redlining every gear and obviously not 1st. It's definitely a fun bike, next time ill turn off ktrc instead of leaving it on 1. I could easily tell when it was cutting some power.

Anyhow, apparently my quickshifter isn't working..
Did you have it enabled on the dashboard ? Is "KQS" lit up ?

NOLA

1 - 20 of 32 Posts