Ninja H2 banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve just seen a 2015 H2 on U.K. eBay with the silver coating has started to peel off some of the panels on the bike . Apparently according to the seller this is a known problem and some bikes were affected ?
looking at the images you can clearly see the missing reflecting paint , I would be feeling very uncomfortable now if I had wrapped my H2 in the past with either a clear or coloured vinyl, I’m not saying this bike has been wrapped in the past but if the paint does lift removing old wrap would be rather nerve racking.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Just had a look at that listing. You're right with the paint job. Mine is clear coat wrapped, but if I had to get it removed I would take it to the professional installer who put it on, hopefully would avoid any problem if needed.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I heard about paint changing color but peeling is news to me.
It's unacceptable regardless but I suspect this motorcycle spent a lot of time exposed to the elements (sun and rain).

Automotive parking light Automotive lighting Hood Car Automotive tire

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I heard about paint changing color but peeling is news to me.
It's unacceptable regardless but I suspect this motorcycle spent a lot of time exposed to the elements (sun and rain).

View attachment 26549
Yes , that is the bike for sale , thanks for posting the image. Being a U.K. bike it’s never going to get powerful sunlight like in California ,Nevada or Arizona but rain is another matter . I have never seen this issue on another H2 , my 2015 still looks showroom clean , it’s not the type of bike that most owners would ever consider leaving outside .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts