Ninja H2 banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

im from Austria and i bought a few days ago a H2 ??

now i have a question:

has anyone considered to make a passenger seat on his H2?

What do u think, would it be possible?

I ask, cause i would love to take my girlfriend with me.

Thank u for your help

Greets from Vienna ??

·
Registered
438 Posts
Welcome to the forum, H2johnny!
I think a back seat would be cool! As long as in order to mount it, wouldn't permanently damage the stockness of the bike.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
My first concern would be if the same sort of structural support exists back there to hold a person, if Id had to guess I'd say not. Even if it did think it would be a major project to get it to function & look right.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thank u guys for your answers.... so if i understand, u think it would be possible? cause i was afraid, that the back tail could for example brake, if someone sits on it?...really no one even considered it here?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi H2johnny,

I'm afraid that's not the case, the bike's manual specifies the following:

Maximum Load
Weight of rider, baggage, and accessories must not exceed 105 kg (231 lb).

That, plus the setup of the back tail, as you've noticed yourself, does not leave much room for such an option. The H2 is an awesome piece of engineering, and a beauty to look at, yet not the most practical thing to live with. I'd be keeping a second bike for passengers and any serious touring (currently a Z1000SX).

·
Registered
835 Posts
It's hard enough to keep the front down without a passenger sitting over the rear axel .
If she looks anything like my girlfriend you're best off leaving her at home .

·
Registered
577 Posts
I suspect that the rear subframe would not be strong enough to support the weight of a passenger. The owners manual warns that the weight of the rider and luggage should not exceed 105kg.

Given that the bike is homologated as a single seater, anyone involved in an accident with a passenger on board may be on very slippery ground ................

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yes im also afraid, that the rear subframe is not strong enough....the homologation is not the thing, cause i would homologate it, after adding the seat and pegs...the Frame is the issue...but what is the difference between the Frame of the H2 and other Supersport bikes, like for example Ducati Panigale (my last bike)?

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
While it is a max weight issue its even more about where the weight is 'sitting'. Bikes designed for 2 up riding have the structural support for that in the tail. The H2 wasn't designed for 2 up so would shock me if the same sort of structural support exists in the tail, it would be a waste, given it would have to add unnessary weight and cost to the bike which again,,,was never designed/intended for 2up.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hi H2Johnny, buying a singel setter is just that, so if you wan't to take your girlfriend for a ride, then do the same as most of us buy a second, third forth ...... bike that takes a pillion.. H2's are meant to be ridden alone:)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah maybe you are right...but every Supersportbike is meant to be ridden alone, but they still have the back seat, if u want to drive once with your girl for example for an icecream ;)...its just a pitty, that the H2 doesnt have this option

·
Registered
787 Posts
A mate came round and took me for an ice cream in a 1963 Oldsmobile convertible. Brilliant after staring at a hospital ceiling.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts