Ninja H2 banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my tune back with the emissions stuff disabled. I took off the tank and took a look at the system, I cannot see the valve sending air to the airbox. Therefore I do not see what to block to prevent backfires from air injection. Can anyone assist me on what I should remove?

Thank you.

·
Registered
702 Posts
I just got my tune back with the emissions stuff disabled. I took off the tank and took a look at the system, I cannot see the valve sending air to the airbox. Therefore I do not see what to block to prevent backfires from air injection. Can anyone assist me on what I should remove?

Thank you.
Pull the gas tank. Then remove the big black box bolted to the front of the frame and its hoses. To the right of it there are two solenoids. Remove the one on the farthest right with the blue plug. Block off the hose that comes around from the back of the throttle body. I used one of the bolts left over from the emissions canister cage along with a small metal clamp. You can also disconnect the big fat black hose that was connected to/near the valve.

My bike is not blocked off. Just the fat hose removed and the switching valve disabled. It doesn't backfire. If your bike is still backfiring its likely unburned fuel in the exhaust due to running overly rich.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the reply. I will get to it in a couple hours and see if I understand what you said. Isnt the large hose for the blowoff valve?

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
@Turbo329

"Afterfire," not backfire right ?

Afterfire goes out the tailpipe from the unburnt fuel and air sitting in there and its ignited. Backfire goes the other way and would be up into the plenum.

Respectfully said.

NOLA

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Pull the gas tank. Then remove the big black box bolted to the front of the frame and its hoses. To the right of it there are two solenoids. Remove the one on the farthest right with the blue plug. Block off the hose that comes around from the back of the throttle body. I used one of the bolts left over from the emissions canister cage along with a small metal clamp. You can also disconnect the big fat black hose that was connected to/near the valve.

My bike is not blocked off. Just the fat hose removed and the switching valve disabled. It doesn't backfire. If your bike is still backfiring its likely unburned fuel in the exhaust due to running overly rich.
Is this correct? (see photos)

Attachments

·
Registered
674 Posts
Not the BOV , under your canister the Pair valve hose
I bridged the pair valve covers on top of the cam cover with a section of the hose i removed , just to seal them up

·
Registered
702 Posts
Is this correct? (see photos)
The first picture is incorrect. Don't remove that big fat hose. The actual hose is right under your thumb in that pic.

The second picture is correct. Remove that entire box. There are 3 bolts that hold the cage together. Use one of them to plug the line in your 3rd picture with the same clamp that is currently on that hose. Also, don't worry about that hose that goes into the tank. That's a vent line and the tank can just vent to atmosphere. The other line that was connected to the other opening on the tank that runs down the left side of the bike is a fuel overflow line. That will get connected when you put the tank back on.

Your 3rd picture is correct. I removed the entire solenoid on my bike. Make sure it's disabled in the flash otherwise your bike will throw a code.

OZBooster, I never plugged that opening at the air switching valve that the hose was connected to. Since it's disabled in my flash the AS valve should really stay shut, correct?

·
Registered
674 Posts
Ours dont have the cannister, they have 2 hoses down the side

I would think it should stay shut, i removed the valve and will get some blanking plates later

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
@AndrewKruczynski

Had to ask the same question on the H2 Facebook page (Myles) ?

Whats the matter, dont trust us ?

lol

NOLA

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Those lights will gradually go off. Try to ride it around your driveway or something.
Took it for a ride, Everything is still flashing including the umbrella. I also tried to toggle and switch modes/ turn on quickshifter, TCS etc, Wouldnt allow me to to change them.

Im calling guhl in the morning.

·
Registered
142 Posts
If you press and hold the mode up button, above the indicator switch, you can enable or disable rain mode, which is the umbrella symbol.

Try getting it out of rain mode and take it from there.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I went to odometer held both arrows and displayed code 23. Cam position sensor. Looked under the tank hoping to find it disconnected but it wasnt. I disconnected it and reconnected it. Still displaying error code.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Try another couple of heat cycles , or go to the dealer and get the fault cleared

Ecu was probably powered up for flashing with nothing else connected and has some historical faults

1 - 20 of 30 Posts