Ninja H2 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just been out on mine just done a couple of miles and found my leather jacket have rubbed on the tank and scratch the lacer !!!! Gutted
Don't no wether I can use T cut on the paint but I'm not riding it again until I get some venture sheild or tank pad so be warned this paint looks awesome but is going to be a nightmare to keep in good nick

·
Registered
473 Posts
I was able to put 30 miles on mine this afternoon and I was able to stay off the tank. There's a lot of room on the seat to move around and the seat is quite comfortable.

I determined that I am going to put on a tank protector in the typical place near the top of the seat and knee pads on the sides of the tank. This bike has a lot of get up and go and tremendous woh I gotta slow! So using knees to hold yourself in place during breaking is a must. I think I'm going to use Techgrip pads, they're all black so I don't think they'll look that bad.

Reactions: ZX-14R_stealthrider

·
Registered
473 Posts
I just submitted an online Inquiry at TechSpec-USA regarding whether the company is planning to produce Tank Grip Pads specifically for the H2.

Hopefully, TechSpec-USA will respond back early next week.
Excellent! good idea, I was going to just use whatever looked like it would fit best between the 6kR and 10R TechSpec products. Let me know what you find out and ask for a group buy.

Reactions: ZX-14R_stealthrider

·
Registered
574 Posts
They should be able to sell 300+ tank covers in the US alone. As much room as you have on the seat, it is impossible not to slide into the tank. I was wearing some very old Levis today and they are about as soft as microfiber, but I imagine my leathers will be more like a scotchbrite pad on the finish.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
I already bought a Keiti tank protector for where your zipper and such is.Gonna put it on there tomorrow.BEFORE I ride her home.It's aftermarket of course,and should come off okay if it's not covering enough right there...but I think it'll be fine.Gonna put my Shorai in there as well when I get er home.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts