Ninja H2 banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:mad: The ride to town is about 20 minutes on a state highway. I watched the rain pass a long way off and waited until it was clear. Well the first 6km was ok, road a little wet then onto the two lane highway. By the time I got to town the bike and myself were a mess from all the logging trucks passing the other way and throwing up all the road dirt from the shower of rain. So that's what I did today, get us covered in sh*t and maybe an hours cleaning of the H2, grrrrr.....

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Oh dear. Something like that always happened to me when I was travelling away from home for a few days work.

I would leave home with an immaculate bike or car and the heavens would open. By the time I was a couple of hundred miles up the road it would be dry and sunny. Everyone else would be riding or driving gleaming machines and I would be looking like mine hadn't been washed for a year.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
HATE it when that happens!I've been known to stop and clean a small bit of mud off my exhaust from riding through a spot of water!OCD I reckon;)

·
Registered
503 Posts
I use to make a habit of going out in the rain, it hones in your riding skills

Now, because i'm getting a miserable old git, I hate getting caught in the rain, too much cleaning for me

Rob

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Rain doen't bother me but just after the rain those 18 wheelers pick up all the loose crap of the road and spray you with it. The dirty water gets into all the difficult places to clean.

Another thing that is to be expected from the dumb down morons is deciding to put the windscreen washer on when your behind them. Not deliberate but shows how driving to a 100kmh speed turns the brain off. Our highway speed limit is so slow it keeps the tax dollars rolling in and LEO's and their bosses in a job.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
WHY are you riding behind them?Just askin;)

Yeah...the mud baths are the best!#1 reason I don't go when it's raining or gonna be.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They were coming the other way one after another. Two lane here for 13km to town. About 6km to get off the mountain which is hard on the wrists but easy on them going back up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts