Ninja H2 banner
1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Again, not a real test. Besides, why are the BMW guys so obsessed with the H2 anyway? We should just take it as a compliment that they are so concerned.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Noticed he didn't include the vid where 650ib beats him when they lined up together. The other race 650ib looks like he was on and off throttle at just the wrong moment, watch his front wheel pop up & down hard' that doesn't happen under full acceleration. The Bimmer is also strapped down & lowered, helping him get the hole shot w more throttle. Bimmer was also on race gas (also conveinently left out) Plus 650ib is a much heavier rider. Put same weight riders, not strapped, same gas, equal starts & the H2 wins not once but each time. 650ib has stage 1? Brentune is advertising home of the 210rwhp 1000RR, no way that beats a stage 2 full system H2 even with the Bimmer being the lighter bike. It's also not great that to beat an H2 you have to break your bike.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i was serious i only use octane boost didnt know i could get race gas or there was race gas

·
Registered
125 Posts
First off congratulations your s1000rr rocks! I have a 2010 s1000rr with headwork, degreed stock cams, thinner head gasket, exhaust, pc. I think its time to add the bren tune to this bike and pour in some mr12...

I also have an h2 with equal mods to 650ib. What we don't know is the exact weight of each rider with gear or how much fuel was in each bike. However, doing the math the BMW beat this H2 due to having a better hp to weight ratio. Additionally, having a bike lowered is an aerodynamic advantage. Light weight wheels help in acceleration and weight savings. Lastly, the BMW rider i.e. (you) is obviously practiced in the art of shrinking behind the windscreen. I watched the other video between you two (235 ish lbs (650ib) vs 190ish lbs(yourself). It would have been nice to see the actual weight of each rider on a scale.

Still props to you:D for taking down 650ib. If 650ib is anything like myself he will be adding more mods. If I were 650ib I would strap it down, add the full pipe and pc from Brocks, throw in some race fuel, run half a tank for the weight savings. I bet the results would swing toward the h2. My dimes worth...

·
Registered
331 Posts
...that Beemer sounds like a beast but may be close to maxed out. I'm confident it will just take the wizards a little more time to fully unlock H2's capabilities. Until then they can laugh it up with lighter riders and race gas :)

FWIW ...last 2 tankfuls I used Shell premium +nitro ...She definitely picked up something with it. I usually do chevron.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I saw this video elsewhere and I'm pretty sure Brock put up an explanation saying the Power Commander on that H2 had been supplied with a zero map (in error) and the bike was way off tune, running super-rich at high rpm.

·
Registered
126 Posts
why dont we just wait for 650ib to reply. he will know what was up with the race. either way.. the bmw rider obviously has an amazing machine, and props to him for beating the H2 on this run. how much rnd has been put into the H2 so far? i really doubt no where near as much as the bmw.. so give us time..

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
why dont we just wait for 650ib to reply. he will know what was up with the race. either way.. the bmw rider obviously has an amazing machine, and props to him for beating the H2 on this run. how much rnd has been put into the H2 so far? i really doubt no where near as much as the bmw.. so give us time..
650Ib has already stated publically that he is 'happy' with the way his H2 runs and that he won't be changing anything. He's out having fun and isn't as serious about his performance as some others - he sure as **** isn't as serious about it as we are here at Brock's. We have a customer in Texas that is 21-0 right now and has a VERY strong challenge coming from the fastest BMW in the state coming up. No problem... we are e-mailing him some additional help ;), because we can.

Brock

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
650Ib has already stated publically that he is 'happy' with the way his H2 runs and that he won't be changing anything. He's out having fun and isn't as serious about his performance as some others - he sure as **** isn't as serious about it as we are here at Brock's. We have a customer in Texas that is 21-0 right now and has a VERY strong challenge coming from the fastest BMW in the state coming up. No problem... we are e-mailing him some additional help ;), because we can.

Brock
Love to see vids of these races, it's like the Bimmer guys own all the go pros. When it all shakes out there's no doubt in my mind even the Bimmer guys will have to admit there's a new king.

I'd be somewhat happy too, he was the heavier rider racing an already lighter bike w BST wheels, lowered that felt they needed race gas to win. Having probably a 70lb advantage (in rider weight) wasn't enough for him but I get it, you do whatever you can to win. If both bikes were set up exactly the same even w/ 650s current set up & rider weight he doesn't just win one race out of 3, he takes them all.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
My opinion? Amusing vids, but they tell little about the relative capabilities of either motorcycle.

:)
Just for giggles I'd like to see the result of both bikes starting out at like 4k rpm. W/ the super charger that's been the major difference in feel for me vs other 1000cc bikes I've owned. That's it's strong suit. Its one of the things you notice on the street w/ the H2, it's not just a monster when starting in the higher rpms (like in these races) it's a beast even in lower rpms in every gear.

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
I haven't seen an 'even' race yet... for some reason, every H2 owner I know is larger - over 200 lbs.?? A small guy on a properly tuned BMW is hard to beat, I know, we have been doing it for years.

Ib650 is built like a body builder - and I know that it's also not as much about the weight as about the ability to get big/wide shoulders out of the wind at high speeds, it takes MUCH more power to overcome than people realize.

Brock

·
Registered
211 Posts
I haven't seen an 'even' race yet... for some reason, every H2 owner I know is larger - over 200 lbs.?? A small guy on a properly tuned BMW is hard to beat, I know, we have been doing it for years.

Ib650 is built like a body builder - and I know that it's also not as much about the weight as about the ability to get big/wide shoulders out of the wind at high speeds, it takes MUCH more power to overcome than people realize.

Brock
Paul Bunyan was a VERY distant 2nd choice to jockey Secretariat.

1 - 20 of 110 Posts