Ninja H2 banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, this may divide opinion

There are numerous posts regarding the H2 and its life run, from 2015 owners feeling pissed it wasn't a limited run( yes I believe Kawasaki were "suggesting" it was) to the 2018 which, well, is marginally different

As much as I love my 16 model, I think they are "de-valuing, not in a monetary sense the model, fooking about with the colour scheme and adding an ohlins shock is naff imo, why they haven't they hit us with something more extreme

Have your say

Rob

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
I'm not disappointed in that they made post production models at all.It's a great bike.I was lucky enough to get a 2015 when they first arrived.It's gonna devaluate.That's what vehicles do.I never considered 'resale value' at all.I'm keeping mine.The OG.Not just anyone can get one.That remains the same.It is fairly exclusive.Love the OG paint.Wouldn't want any other color.I've upgraded mine with an autoblip sensor.Guhl flash(stg 2)and straight midpipe with Akra shorty muffler.PCV also.Some ergo mods...she's awesome.

Just a matter of time till Kawasaki comes out with a new H2 like bike.These motors are designed to really put out with the right tweaking.That SE gained 50 hp with a flash.Stock piping,all that.Kawasaki isn't gonna fall behind anyone.I'll always have the original.To me,that's special enough.

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
I’m eternally grateful they did because, as a result, my dream of owning a new H2R has come true. Now I hope they discontinue it. 😉

·
Super Moderator
699 Posts
I said it way back when, and it's still true today. I'm ok with it either way. If 2015 had been the only year, I'd have a collector's piece. Given that production has continued ... I can ride it, knowing that if something breaks or wears out, replacement parts are more readily available (although still expensive).

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
At least the internals haven't changed.I can't honestly see any engine parts failing.This bike is so well designed.Solid.I'd trust it to take me anywhere.

I think the ONLY person that will get MORE than retail if he sells it will be Jay Leno!OR Ricky Gadson.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
If you consider the 2015 bike as THE H2 then it was a limited run. If Kawasaki had stopped after one year we'd have a lot of posts from owners complaining they bought a dead duck.

I think it's a positive thing that Kawasaki have continued to develop the bike in subtle ways and have taken on board the feedback from 2015 owners. Also remember that the original bikes, put together by a small team of technicians, were probably built and sold at a loss.

In my eyes my own bike will never devalue. A 2015, the first in the world to officially run at over 200mph and a UK record holder, an absolute animal to ride. What's not to like?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts