867 Posts
Hi Owen, here's my shot of old and new.
H2R, H2 and some old 2-stroke bike. :)
That's a great collection Bob! 👍🏻

Reactions: BobC

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I used to be Pamela Andersons cleavage and nipple sun tan oil applier when she was filming Baywatch but gave it up to cut bricks into arches.
This deserves a reply. I met the H2/H2R Japanese design team at Bourne End, Kawasaki UK's headquarters. There were four of us H2 owners invited along for a Q&A session in the boardroom. One of the H2 owners was a guy from East Anglia and his living was building brick arches. He said his company had built almost every brick arch in London.

Supercharged, you obviously made a wise career choice. Brick arches lead to H2 ownership. :)

·
Registered
835 Posts
This deserves a reply. I met the H2/H2R Japanese design team at Bourne End, Kawasaki UK's headquarters. There were four of us H2 owners invited along for a Q&A session in the boardroom. One of the H2 owners was a guy from East Anglia and his living was building brick arches. He said his company had built almost every brick arch in London.

Supercharged, you obviously made a wise career choice. Brick arches lead to H2 ownership. :)
Putting it like that bob maybe you're right after all, especially as the H2 will be keeping its looks forever and already given the choice I'd rather look at my H2 now
Just for the sake of accuracy I'm "just a drone from sector 7G " ( as Smithers says to Montgomery Burns about Homer Simpson ) and as for having said 'built almost every brick arch in London " that's soooo not the kind of thing I would say but yes a high percentage of the arches I make do end up in London .

Enjoying your high speed attempts and pictures , the fact your bike is almost standard and hitting over 200 MPH consistently is as interesting as the highly worked bikes hitting almost unbelievable speeds . Bodywork has to be a major hindrance for the H2 , that little engine in a streamliner would be smashing class records around the world .

·
Registered
393 Posts
The guy who did my Dyno work on my H2 is a huge classic Kawasaki Fan and was working on a few classic H2's when I was at his shop. Seem's the prices of them have shot up the past 5-8 years. going for around 13k or so. What he was selling one at while I was looking at another being worked on

1 - 12 of 12 Posts