Ninja H2 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 H2 with just over 8000 miles on the clock.

I've had it from new and it was run in as per manufacturers recommendation. It's had all it's services as per required and I ride it reasonably hard, preferring twisty lanes rather than LSR heroics.

It's got a TT3 full system on it and when they added that it was retuned (mainly to smooth the throttle out) and it achieved 274BHP at the back wheel. That was done over last winter and I've rode it a few thousand miles since then.

So that's the background, anyway .......

Last week I took it out for a run (heading towards Route 59 cafe, Skipton, UK) and not long into the ride the oil light started flickering, then it came on fully for a short period, then it went off, then it came back on again.

So I'm riding along thinking is this a big problem, shall I continue or should I take it in. I decided on the latter and 'limped' over to my Kawasaki dealer.

To cut a relatively long story short they checked it out .... Oil Level, Oil Pump, Oil Filter etc etc ..... when they dropped the sump to have a look they found the circlip and spring from the Oil Pressure Valve lying in the bottom !!

Kawasaki said they have no knowledge of anything like this happening on other bikes and have put it down to 'just one of those things'. I'm glad it wasn't just one of those things when I was a long way from home and/or riding 'balls out' :-(
The bike was in the garage for just less than a week while they replaced the valve, oil and oil filter.

As a gesture of good will (I'm out of warranty) Kawasaki stood some of the labour cost for diagnosing the problem but I had to pay for the new oil, oil filter and an hour labour.

Has anyone else had anything similar ?

·
Registered
501 Posts
I sent this post to the H2 production line @ KHI

The team leader assured me that all ex Suzuki employees now on the line have been summary dismissed;)

Rob

PS

Glad all is ok, could have been dramatic

1 - 4 of 4 Posts