Ninja H2 banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
I bought all I could find in the metropolitan Phoenix area a few weeks ago. That equalled 3. One oil change later, I have 2 on stand-by. PM me!

·
Registered
331 Posts
I changed oil and took apart my Concours 14 Mobile 1 M1-110 filter. In comparison to H2 filter the thread is the same and gaskets line up spot on. Looking in the opening I can see the back-flow preventer and bypass valve look very similar. Everything Ive read online and see tells me the only difference between the two are physical dimensions. Ive Been using this filter on ZX14, C14 and other bikes for many years.

I will change H2 oil next week and will test fit the 110 to see if it is too close to header and cut the old H2 filter apart and post similar exploded view. I did buy an H2 filter to replace first time but will switch over later.

Attachments

Reactions: ZX-14R_stealthrider

·
Registered
210 Posts
it would appear that perhaps kawasaki has dropped the ball in the end zone with regards to folks needing and not having
myself ive been lucky enough to have a member here bail me out
my dealer told me to go ahead and dump the oil and run the used filter until i can get a new one
they also told me it wouldnt have any effect on my warranty
thankfully im not a dumbass and have parked the bike until i have a new filter in hand and intend to have the first oil change done at the dealership where it was purchased
im at 920 km
that leaves 80 km
i feel your pain
at 32 grand if this bike hiccups in the first year
kawasaki will know
Jeff
ps
i would also like to say that i posed the question of warranty ( to the kawasaki rep that was kind enough to transport my bike from the shop i bought it from to my house because it was snowing) regarding the running of a used break in filter with new oil and what effect it may have on the warranty............
silence

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it would appear that perhaps kawasaki has dropped the ball in the end zone with regards to folks needing and not having
myself ive been lucky enough to have a member here bail me out
my dealer told me to go ahead and dump the oil and run the used filter until i can get a new one
they also told me it wouldnt have any effect on my warranty
thankfully im not a dumbass and have parked the bike until i have a new filter in hand and intend to have the first oil change done at the dealership where it was purchased
im at 920 km
that leaves 80 km
i feel your pain
at 32 grand if this bike hiccups in the first year
kawasaki will know
Jeff
ps
i would also like to say that i posed the question of warranty ( to the kawasaki rep that was kind enough to transport my bike from the shop i bought it from to my house because it was snowing) regarding the running of a used break in filter with new oil and what effect it may have on the warranty............
silence
yup that is exactly why it is sitting at the dealership service room waiting for an oil filter

·
Registered
577 Posts
I changed oil and took apart my Concours 14 Mobile 1 M1-110 filter. In comparison to H2 filter the thread is the same and gaskets line up spot on. Looking in the opening I can see the back-flow preventer and bypass valve look very similar. Everything Ive read online and see tells me the only difference between the two are physical dimensions. Ive Been using this filter on ZX14, C14 and other bikes for many years.

I will change H2 oil next week and will test fit the 110 to see if it is too close to header and cut the old H2 filter apart and post similar exploded view. I did buy an H2 filter to replace first time but will switch over later.
Visual checks are all well and good - but flow rates should be checked as well. Kawasaki would not introduce a new filter for a low production volume bike like the H2/H2R if an existing filter would do the job .........

·
Registered
350 Posts
Visual checks are all well and good - but flow rates should be checked as well. Kawasaki would not introduce a new filter for a low production volume bike like the H2/H2R if an existing filter would do the job .........
Does KHI actually make the Kawasaki OEM Oil Filters or are they really made by a different Company for Kawasaki?

·
Registered
867 Posts
Thank was my concern also....that's why I didn't go that route.....I'd lose my mind if I wound up starving this girl of oil flow up top and launched it....

Reactions: SilverbirdH2

·
Registered
331 Posts
Visually the M1 filter is smaller diameter but longer so internal volume may be the similar? ...the main comparison for flow will be to pull the media flatten it out and measure square inches which is what I plan to do. Same thing is true for Air filters ...with a given media more pleats = more surface area = less restriction = longer service life... So we shall see this one later.

IMO the filter is shorter and larger to get top of it away from the down-tubes and the serious heat they can generate. In engineering a vehicle this is called packaging. Base requirements are met and packaging is flexible. There are other filters that cross like the M1 ...some may actually be shorter and bigger around I don't know yet. FWIW There are only a few companies that make all oil filters. pretty much any filter you get is made by one of them to standard specs and branded.

Reactions: ZX-14R_stealthrider

·
Registered
331 Posts
Call Kelly's Kawasaki in mesa Arizona ...they have em and may ship for you? Maybe dealer to dealer? 480 969 9610

·
Registered
574 Posts
You would think that if nothing else, that Kawasaki would have sent dealers who sold the H2 a filter or two. It is sad to think that every time I want a part for the H2 that I will be told I have to order it. Funny, but when I need a part for my 1983 Honda CX650 turbo, that if they have to order it, they have it by the end of the week. No such luck with the H2.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Why not contact your dealer and order a few?Certainly they'd do that for ya?When I needed parts for my 14...even if it might be a wellnut bolt...they DIDN'T have any in stock.No oil filter for the H2 isn't unusual.

·
Registered
81 Posts
My dealer is always keeping a filter in stock for me, after my first service they ordered another one right away. They are now stocking tires for me as well.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Ive still been researching filter options ...the M1-104 is the oversized brother of the M1-110. It is almost the same OD as OEM Denso and an Inch longer with same bypass PSI. The M1-105 is even bigger and flows 11-15 gals/min...

·
Registered
96 Posts
Alright, got one in the mail from Kelly's in AZ. Apparently they were smart and ordered a bunch way back in preparation. I bought my ZX-10R from them in 07 when back when I used to live there, so still had my info on file.

They also have an H2R in the showroom :O

1 - 20 of 26 Posts