Ninja H2 banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installed Brocks stage 2 package , flash and exhaust. Directions say to remove O2 sensor. Is it OK to just tie up the probe end and leave plugged into wiring harness or are you unplugging from the wiring harness under the tank? Thanks

·
Registered
438 Posts
I just watched Brock's latest video, about the 2 full exhaust systems. I have the stage 2 full exhaust slash cut. In the video it shows the O2 sensor screwed into the slash cut stage 2 system. I'm not sure what is the best way to take care of the O2 sensor? Maybe Brock?

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I only recall seeing vids w/ the O2 sensor still installed even on Chads bike the 219mph mile it's installed. That's how the dealer did mine as well but I do remember reading in the instructions that it wasn't needed so not sure what the differences are.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Just ignore the sensor, it does not function now. If you want to remove it you can buy a plug for the exhaust and then just disconnect all of the wiring.

Reactions: rapidroy1

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Right on Brocks instructions that came with my Brocks full polished exhaust it said you could remove the O2 sensor and the exhaust came w/ a plug but I'm just curious why so far all of the pics and vids (that I've seen anyway) of the full exhaust has the O2 sensor installed, it's even there on Chads bike during the 219mph run. Maybe it's just easier than removing the wires and in case you wanted to return it to stock, really don't know.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Right on Brocks instructions that came with my Brocks full polished exhaust it said you could remove the O2 sensor and the exhaust came w/ a plug but I'm just curious why so far all of the pics and vids (that I've seen anyway) of the full exhaust has the O2 sensor installed, it's even there on Chads bike during the 219mph run. Maybe it's just easier than removing the wires and in case you wanted to return it to stock, really don't know.

No doubt - we are all lazy.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
The Brocks CT system I bought for my 14R had a boss in the link pipe which was blank and needed drilling and tapping to fit the sensor.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Guys, if you have the ECU reflash you do not need to have the OEM O2 sensor installed.... It's not functioning anymore anyways. It is plugged in under the gas tank, so you will have to remove the tank to unplug and remove the complete O2 sensor.

What you see in the videos of Chad's bike is an Innovate LC-2 AFR sensor that is installed in the exhaust. We were data logging everything to check AFR and other various items... This helped to create LSR PC5 maps which are available to all Brock's Performance customers. So it was not the OEM sensor that you see in the videos.

Hope this helped to clear things up.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Installed Brocks stage 2 package , flash and exhaust. Directions say to remove O2 sensor. Is it OK to just tie up the probe end and leave plugged into wiring harness or are you unplugging from the wiring harness under the tank? Thanks
I unplugged the sensor under the tank and got rid of it. I would recommend that versus just tying it to something, just in case something ever caused the probe to function (the probe heats up when working properly).

Also, why have something in the way of your exhaust path when you're trying to exit the exhaust on this totally wicked machine!?! :)

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Guys, if you have the ECU reflash you do not need to have the OEM O2 sensor installed.... It's not functioning anymore anyways. It is plugged in under the gas tank, so you will have to remove the tank to unplug and remove the complete O2 sensor.

What you see in the videos of Chad's bike is an Innovate LC-2 AFR sensor that is installed in the exhaust. We were data logging everything to check AFR and other various items... This helped to create LSR PC5 maps which are available to all Brock's Performance customers. So it was not the OEM sensor that you see in the videos.

Hope this helped to clear things up.
Awesome, thank you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts