Ninja H2 banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
Fish swims into a brick wall, dam.

Was expecting something a bit more curt. Very off the cuff though. Nice your still here,,,,,,,

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
In NY for bikes it's $35 initially & then $18 a year.... Bikes are 6 letters/#s max. "1HOG1" & "2HOG2" for the Harleys...

Cars are 8 characters max; "997TURBO" took some pre planning. You can reserve a plate but have to call every 90 days to keep it on hold. The car I have a 997 turbo cabriolet came out 2 years after the 997 turbo coupe, a lot of phone calls to keep it on hold because you can't actually buy the personalized plate till the vehicle is registered.

I didn't choose my plate for the H2, was really shocked & amazed what DMV sent me:

·
Registered
69 Posts
In NY for bikes it's $35 initially & then $18 a year.... Bikes are 6 letters/#s max. "1HOG1" & "2HOG2" for the Harleys...

Cars are 8 characters max; "997TURBO" took some pre planning. You can reserve a plate but have to call every 90 days to keep it on hold. The car I have a 997 turbo cabriolet came out 2 years after the 997 turbo coupe, a lot of phone calls to keep it on hold because you can't actually buy the personalized plate till the vehicle is registered.

I didn't choose my plate for the H2, was really shocked & amazed what DMV sent me:
that's pretty much like freebie.....

I paid $140 one-off order fee for my custom plate (up to 5 letters/numbers here in NSW) then $220 per annum fee thereafter

·
Registered
238 Posts
Picked-up a second hand plate today.

Advertised locally, my wife found it by accident when looking for something else and thought I "might" be interested.

The last owner bought a ZX10 twelve months ago and sold it without the plate and then sold the plate separately.

On the back of the plate the manufacture date is 14th July 1997 so it's just turned 20 years old and I'm guessing has been on a lot of different Ninja bikes over the years.

Heading to get it officially transferred to me today and hoping I can find out some of it's history (although I'm not sure they will tell me)

Attachments

·
Registered
888 Posts
this pic has all 3 of my personal plates in the shot:

supporting my Chicago Cubs when they were in the playoffs:

and I was lucky in enough to score the YAM FZ10 plate for my fz10
this plate was actually denied by the DMV because it was said to be an offensive swear word..
I filed a letter of appeals and it was approved, took 10 months to get my plate!

Reactions: ayjayef

·
Registered
393 Posts
you north american lot ( said that just for any canadians) are a lucky bunch.

It does not make a difference what counties AKA state your from or if your in Wales, Scotland or England we all have to pick from the same bunch of No plates.

As our plates have to be age rated, but we have 2 changes for new motors each year IE 1st April 17 plate, Sept 67. Any vehicle cannot have a plate that looks newer that the vehicle. Can't have a 17 plate on a 15 bike. and I made that sound easy which it's not.

So if your lucky to get the H2 GFY or H2 KWK it's gone.

I have H2 EOO. for me thats like H2 ohhh nice haha if you get me. And because all the rest of the H2 plates have been bought but other lucky sods or on hummers

·
Registered
888 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Here?s mine before I installed it
BLOWN
...was one of the first ones I tried to buy, it's already taken here but it's not on a bike (yet). Lots of people speculate on plates for a profit.

You guys Stateside are lucky with 7 digits, allows you to be far more creative. We are stuck with 3-5 digits in Victoria.

AAA to ZZZZZ
AAA.0 to ZZZZ.9
AAA.00 to ZZZ.99
0.AAA to 9.ZZZZ
00.AAA to 99.ZZZ

So we can't even get H2xxx like the NSW plate that blackzook posted but we do only pay for ours once, not an additional fee every year.
...but we are far better off then the complicated (and HUGE) UK system.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I've just ordered my H2 and get it in 3 weeks. I went and ordered a new plate today from DVLA. H2 SXG . My name is graham so ill take the g for that.:)

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
I have an extremely rare numberplate for my H2 , it is the only one in the UK but does not start H2 ***
I also have an ultra rare unsigned copy of “THE LONG WAY ROUND “ by Ewan McGregor and Charlie Boorman

21 - 40 of 43 Posts