Ninja H2 banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see many H2s sporting private number plates mostly starting H2 * * * , I could not find a combination I liked available starting H2 but managed to find
A1 KWK today so it's now mine .
The reason for buying it is mainly my intense dislike of the giant UK number plate size that looks so ugly on modern bikes .
The U.S. Ones look smaller than the UK plates , can you American riders choose your own number ?

·
Registered
787 Posts
We have done this topic before but as a cool thing I know a bloke who has both B1KER and N1NJA.

H2R
CX

might still be written off.

A1 KWK would be ok on my zx12r

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We have done this topic before but as a cool thing I know a bloke who has both B1KER and N1NJA.

H2R
CX

might still be written off.

A1 KWK would be ok on my zx12r
N1 NJA is for sale at over £10,000 more than I paid for the bike !

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I have *200 KAW, a plate I originally had for my ZZR1400 and transferred to the H2.

The significance is to do with the old 200MPH Club, now Straightliners and topping 200mph on both bikes.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I got NJAH2.
Do you have to pay for special numbers in Oz like the UK ?

We have standard issued numbers that come with any vehicle but plates are available dating back to 1904 with costs ranging from around £100 up to a few million for things like F1 , BOB 1 , K1 NGS etc

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
Ricky Gadsons is called H2R G. Mines H2R C (crashed)
Hate to say this but I got a real chuckle out of this! That's terrible to laugh at your expense I know but it struck me as funny.

I'm very glad you are able to find humor in what you have and are going through!

Hats off to you!:)

·
Registered
105 Posts
The U.S. Ones look smaller than the UK plates said:
In California we can pick pretty much anything within 7 letters/numbers or symbols as long as its not offensive and as long as its unique. Costs a bit more each year to renew and you can pick from a few different backgrounds. Much smaller plates in the US compared to the UK.

·
Registered
267 Posts
shotgun15 (quote)
We're the same, but different:

"9JAH2"

Not many get it...:eek:(quote)

I had too explain it to the spare parts guy at my Dealer,everyone else seems to get it.

Supercharged (quote)
Do you have to pay for special numbers in Oz like the UK ?

We have standard issued numbers that come with any vehicle but plates are available dating back to 1904 with costs ranging from around £100 up to a few million for things like F1 , BOB 1 , K1 NGS etc (quote)

Yeah we pay.Personalized plates here cost $500.You can choose your own combination but with bike plates any numbers have to be the last 2 digits.Or you can just have a word only.
But they are yours to keep and sell if you like.So if you get in early on a new model you can make some money if you're smart.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
In California we can pick pretty much anything within 7 letters/numbers or symbols as long as its not offensive and as long as its unique. Costs a bit more each year to renew and you can pick from a few different backgrounds. Much smaller plates in the US compared to the UK.
In the UK our plate sizes and character font have been standardised so that ANPR (automatic number plate recognition) systems can read the plates. The spacing of the characters is also specified.

Some people take chances with small plates, particularly on bikes but there's always a risk of being stopped.

There's quite a big market for personalised plates but you can't make up your own, you can only buy what's available and you can't have an age-related plate which makes your bike or car appear younger than it is.

·
Registered
787 Posts
RC certainly isn't Ridden Cautiously. There is a four letter word for you ^^^^^^^^ my friend.

Starts with a C*** , second letter is CU** , one of the other letters is a T.

FAWGAS, got the medical all clear to drive today. 11 weeks and 2 days after over 20 screws inserted in shoulder. Praise be to automatic gearboxes and power steering. Still unsure about sportsbikes, got 4 long long months to pushy real good.

ANSWER , cute.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts