Ninja H2 banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Well...the small sub-article didn't sound too upbeat."so and so 'rags' on the H2"...unless that's UK slang for something good?;)

Not mention..that comment.."it doesn't do motorways either"...huh?WTF they think the Isle of Man is?

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well...the small sub-article didn't sound too upbeat."so and so 'rags' on the H2"...unless that's UK slang for something good?;)
Sorry but email is the limit of my computer skills so links are out of the question .

Silverbird , it is a super write up with the author finally grasping the idea that the H2 is not a race bike and putting it in a class of one .
TT riders and Ex racers are both blown away by the engine power and overall quality of the bike . Yes it's heavy and it's not all roses but it's a glowing report with all three testers wanting to own one for themselves !

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Not mention..that comment.."it doesn't do motorways either"...huh?WTF they think the Isle of Man is?
"Rags " giving it the beans , riding it like you stole it , revving the **** off it , etc

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Thank you STRADALE for sorting that out .
I hope you all enjoy reading this as much as I did .
Sure thing mate. Thanks for the heads up.

If guys would have an easier time reading it directly from the mag the electronic version is available for $1.99 (if you don't have a subscription)

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Mallory is REALLY short huh @ 1.39 miles. Tough track to get a feel for the H2, I felt jammed up on the H2 on a 2.5 mile track except for the half mile straight was mostly in 2nd & sometimes 3rd the whole time around but guess that was one of the reasons for TT. REALLY loved both write ups think they were spot on.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Thanks for the video links guys. That is what I was gonna ask for next. I have reposted the youtube one here so that it is embedded for easier watching. You just have to remove the s from https when you paste the link.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I was wondering if the H2R's ECU needs to be flashed, or a lot of other work done to get their 316 to the wheel, (including the ram air)?

·
Registered
115 Posts
I am not surprised at all that it could not pull great figures be cause too much power to control for a 1/4-mile run. Every time the H2R pogo like that, it loses a lot of acceleration. All prostock and nitro bikes run with a wheelie bar. The only way to test its max capability is super long swingarm like Rickey Gadson's or mount a wheelie bar to it along with much stiffer rear shock with the front end strapped down. And lastly, add a big slick to the rear.

See Spiderman ran for example:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npNkwVw-V5I

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Yeah...well...that's too bad for that fella.These bikes take time to be able to get the nuances down.Cool vids though...

Right now...I don't know if I'll ever really be able to wring mine out to it's full potential.If crashing it and spending those bucks to repair it weren't somehow back there in my mind....maybe.I'd just HATE to crunch this bike.

Bout as far as I've been able so far to push mine was hammering her in 1st,the wheel came up and I qs'd into 2nd...the wheel remained up there as well...a short thing.But definitely an eye opener.Kinda did it on accident really.I know it'll lift in all four gears...I've had mine 'light' going into 4th and staying in it .I'm not so sure I'm ready for wheel lift at those speeds.That's movin pretty fast on that one tire...with no steering ability.

The way she lifts so well...it's really hard to know with confidence at which rpm(moving)she's gonna behave a certain predictable way.I think that's the main thing.These pro guys(and some of you as well)KNOW how to get a wheely,hold it,and set back down smoothly.I'm still(with Ktrc on 1+) still letting off the throttle in a first gear,5K roll-on wheely once she FEELS like she's not gonna stop.That kinda ruins the whole thing.I can't seem to find that one spot where she's hanging.The KTRC doesn't seem to be helping much with the lifting speed.Is it supposed to?Any suggestions with KTRC settings that have worked for ya...I'm all ears.I tried KTRC '2'..that wouldn't allow any wheelying.I don't want that.

Also you guys..I've had the bike skew to the right(the nose and chassis)when the power and wheely started.The bike kinda wanted to 'lean' into the right as I powered on already in the loft mode.Is this normal...or is it me not getting completely centered on the seat or whatever.If I do this kinda slightly tucked in...it lifts nice and straight(vertical).

I've also caught mine spinning the rear with really(but not full)throttle inputs while shifting up.Very small.But it is.Couldn't figure out why the rear felt different suddenly after the PCV and Map.That's what it was(is).More power I guess.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts