i dont like bikes anymore
i only like bike now
15 ninja h2
all else is irrelavent

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i still like other bikes im just in lust with a new girlfreind that looks like a penthouse model and blows real good
but is crazier then a bag of monkeys

·
Registered
867 Posts

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
My 14 is in hibernation.Sometimes I think..'I'll take my 14 out today'....then I think of my H2.I may never ride my 14 again.This H2 has totally energized my want to go ride...even if it's a 40 mile cruise or something.It's a shade 'rough' around the edges...The ride quality.The feel.I think this may have been missing with my 14.I like this edgy feel.But she's smooth as well...I gotta say...I've never ridden a bike that I felt so connected to the road before.IDK what it is.I modded the seat(as I said before)...I can ride all day without any discomfort.Seriously.And my lower back feels fine with this bike.I'm getting no back pain at all.I was concerned before about that.Not now.

I love the way I can look forward and feel like I'm part of the frontend.Couldn't do that with the 14.The design of this bike is so rider focused..I really feel tuned into the ride and all when I'm out.It's weight is a big relief.Leaning her in,transitioning.Steering.I enjoy it MUCH more than my 14.I'm really happy I got this bird.GREAT bike...and you guys be careful out there...we know she LOVES to rail;)

Not that the 14 isn't a great bike in it's own right.It is.It's just...well...this bike is better.There...I said it.

·
Registered
240 Posts
My 14 is in hibernation.Sometimes I think..'I'll take my 14 out today'....then I think of my H2.I may never ride my 14 again.This H2 has totally energized my want to go ride...even if it's a 40 mile cruise or something.It's a shade 'rough' around the edges...The ride quality.The feel.I think this may have been missing with my 14.I like this edgy feel.But she's smooth as well...I gotta say...I've never ridden a bike that I felt so connected to the road before.IDK what it is.I modded the seat(as I said before)...I can ride all day without any discomfort.Seriously.And my lower back feels fine with this bike.I'm getting no back pain at all.I was concerned before about that.Not now.

I love the way I can look forward and feel like I'm part of the frontend.Couldn't do that with the 14.The design of this bike is so rider focused..I really feel tuned into the ride and all when I'm out.It's weight is a big relief.Leaning her in,transitioning.Steering.I enjoy it MUCH more than my 14.I'm really happy I got this bird.GREAT bike...and you guys be careful out there...we know she LOVES to rail;)

Not that the 14 isn't a great bike in it's own right.It is.It's just...well...this bike is better.There...I said it.
Sorry man...I must old and jaded.

My 14R is a better all around bike. It is just so easy to ride, does everything well, has NO quirks and will still rip your arms off if you want!

The H2 is, as jefffaski said, a lust thing. It demands your attention at all times, is not as comfortable (for me anyway) and definitely does not handle like my 10R.

Don't get me wrong, I DO like it, but I think the review MCN did is bang on. He even stated my thoughts on it feeling like a two stroke. I think that's why Kawi named it "H2".

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Well...using the term 'better' is kinda vague.I don't really mean it as a technologically or performance thing(although I do think it's a better performing platform).The 14 is a great allrounder as you say.The H2 IMO is a niche bike.I'm a street guy.It's perfect for that for me.I just feel that the H2 is the funner bike.I don't get this same type of connection with my 14.But I've had zillions of fun with the 14.Having never ridden a 10...I can't compare.Maybe a good thing,IDK...and it doesn't really matter anyway..this is my first 1000.So it is a big change from the mighty 14.I'd say,the ride quality and feel is at least as good as the 14.My 14.I couldn't actually say that until I softened the suspension some,and redid the seat.If I'm picking my H2 over my 14 for ANY ride...long or short...then that's saying something to me anyway.I didn't honestly know what to expect from the H2...ride wise.but some personal adjustings dialed her right in to how I feel about it now.Mine anyway is setup now for all day riding.Wish I could ride everyday.I've no doubts she'll do cross country duty as is now.

These new tires I have to say DO transform the ride.Make it even smoother.

·
Registered
240 Posts
You're right on the niche bike. It falls between categories like the 12R did.
Kawi tried to make a hyper sport bike feel like a super sport. It worked until the 10R came, then it was over.

To me, if it wasn't for the awesome acceleration, feel and sound on boost, the H2 isn't a whole lot different than my 12R.

The biggest detractor of the H2 is the crazy sensitive throttle with that kind of power. That's what demands my attention :eek:

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
You can soften that by putting a plastic 'washer' in between the grip and the bar end(hardware store)(take your bar end so you get the right ID).It needs to be approx.2mm thick(around the same thickness as a hose washer),somewhere in there.Install washer,bar end...loosen throttle housing screws...move the grip more into the washer...till you get the feel of how you want it to open and close,then tighten up.This works very nicely to get some friction on that grip.You don't change any free play settings.You'll see what I mean...it does NOT affect the closing of the return spring.Only makes it close...slower.Try it.I think you'll like it.I was having a heck of a time keeping that throttle from moving when hitting bumps and such while riding.This solved that.

·
Registered
240 Posts
You can soften that by putting a plastic 'washer' in between the grip and the bar end(hardware store)(take your bar end so you get the right ID).It needs to be approx.2mm thick(around the same thickness as a hose washer),somewhere in there.Install washer,bar end...loosen throttle housing screws...move the grip more into the washer...till you get the feel of how you want it to open and close,then tighten up.This works very nicely to get some friction on that grip.You don't change any free play settings.You'll see what I mean...it does NOT affect the closing of the return spring.Only makes it close...slower.Try it.I think you'll like it.I was having a heck of a time keeping that throttle from moving when hitting bumps and such while riding.This solved that.
May have to try that...thx silver!:)

·
Registered
787 Posts
If I had to choose between a st1100 or st1300 Pan Euro to last me till the end of days the 11 would have it.

If I had to choose between a zx12r and a H2 till the end of days the 12 would have it.

May your camel have lots of fleas!

·
Registered
88 Posts
I definitely feel like I have climbed to the top of the supersport street bike ladder. I am just blown away with the quality and performance of the H2. I don't know if nothing matters anymore or if now the H2 is the only thing that matters?

·
Registered
240 Posts
I had an 04 zx12R...was a great bike.Loved it.IMO...it's definitely no match for this H2...sorry.
Not saying the 12R a match for an H2, saying neither bike is fkickable like a litre bike that's all.

I know your bike is de-limited now Silver, so you have that advantage...but I will say this... I definitely NEVER srart looking at the speedo at 140 mph on my 12 or 14 like I do on my H2, wondering what's going on :confused:

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
IF i had to choose a bike for the end of days....
it would be my carburetor klr 650 with shotgun mounted and pianiers full of food/fuel/ammo
if i had to choose what to ride until i die it would be all my bikes

·
Registered
574 Posts
This might be the most bizarre thread since H2R or Cliffie was on here.

·
Registered
787 Posts
There a weak bladder problem in heaven above the UK right now. Hence an open top car not an option. Same goes for riding the H2.
Personally I like bazaar, life can be a box of frogs just waiting to put their party hats on. For me party time is when the kids are at school, dads at work, mums doing mummy things, the roads are as clear as they are gonna get and the sun is shining. When this alignment occurs NOTHING ELSE MATTERS. Hang the expense ( throw the cat a goldfish ) get on and get gone.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts