Ninja H2 banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks, I cannot decide on the helmet, which one woyld you pick if you were me? Nolan or Shark?
Nolan Helmet N87 from amazon
Shark Puls helmet from moto ID

Yes, I've got a Nexx helmet at the moment, but wanted to replace it with a new one. Plus, I bought a new bike, so I feel it is a good reason to do so.

I am open to check out the other helmets you can recommend, but wanted to stay within my $300 budget.
Thx.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I would choose the helmet that fits you better. If they are both a similar fit, then choose the one with the superior specification.

I don't look at cost when I choose a helmet, I don't have a cheap head. :) I don't mean to criticise you John but why buy a bike for many thousands and save a couple of hundred on something as important as your helmet?

I've just bought a Shoei X Spirit III, an excellent helmet, to replace my old Shoei XR which is now 7 years old - the age when a helmet is no longer guaranteed safe.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Every time I buy a helmet other than an Arai I end up hating it and always go back to an Arai. There are some really great paint schemes out there and other features like built in bluetooth, modular, and most of all I want a HUD. But in the end the helmets are just inferior. They all protect well, Arai is more geared toward safety (nothing to snag) other than features. I also need a helmet that I can wear for long periods, when I go ride I will go for 8 hours only stopping for gas.

·
Registered
625 Posts
I would choose the helmet that fits you better. If they are both a similar fit, then choose the one with the superior specification.

I don't look at cost when I choose a helmet, I don't have a cheap head. :) I don't mean to criticise you John but why buy a bike for many thousands and save a couple of hundred on something as important as your helmet?

I've just bought a Shoei X Spirit III, an excellent helmet, to replace my old Shoei XR which is now 7 years old - the age when a helmet is no longer guaranteed safe.

I have an X Spirit III for the same reason Bob, comfort, fit and safety. Couldn’t agree more

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hey folks, I cannot decide on the helmet, which one woyld you pick if you were me? Nolan or Shark?
Nolan Helmet N87 from amazon
Shark Puls helmet from moto ID

Yes, I've got a Nexx helmet at the moment, but wanted to replace it with a new one. Plus, I bought a new bike, so I feel it is a good reason to do so.

I am open to check out the other helmets you can recommend, but wanted to stay within my $300 budget.
Thx.
Stay with Nexx!

Go with Carbon Zero 2, you can afford it >:D

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Carbon Baby!AGV has some sweet ones.I've got like 5 helmets.What size you wear?ALL in excellent condition.Give ya a great deal on one of your choice.I only wear two of em.The rest are virtually brand new.No cheap stuff.I've got a sweet AGV Carbon (painted)(factory).REALLY comfortable.I wear a Small...but these would fit a medium.I'm guessing you're lookin for a large or so?That Nolan is only in X large?No leds on mine though...sorry.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I appreciate the replies, folks.

I don't look at cost when I choose a helmet, I don't have a cheap head. :) I don't mean to criticise you John but why buy a bike for many thousands and save a couple of hundred on something as important as your helmet? I've just bought a Shoei X Spirit III, an excellent helmet, to replace my old Shoei XR which is now 7 years old - the age when a helmet is no longer guaranteed safe.

You know, it makes sense, and I feel I'm an idiot haha I did not want to save when buying my H2, which I believe everyone does, as after all you can live without it. But if you have an H2 and have a helmet you are not sure of.... well, I got the point. Then I will keep my Nexx, as I still have it, and I guess will get a Shoei. After all, my head is also not cheap, Bob, like the way you said that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts