Ninja H2 banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
:(...well guys...I've made a decision about my H2.I've decided to let her go.This is VERY hard.We all know how awesome this bike is.

I have a problem when riding mine.Maybe it's because of the 'battle damage' I've sustained over the years catching up,or something.

The bike itself is VERY comfortable...but I just can't get away from the fact that when I ride her for any length of time...my elbows begin to feel like they're bone on bone...(not because of vibration).It's the angle somehow doing it.And my neck as well.The broken vertebraes I got from my most serious wreck two years ago start flaring up when I ride for more than 100 miles.Creating pain and headaches after a while.

I LOVE this bike...but these issues can't be resolved with the ergos on her.I've tried.Tried sitting different.Tried using one hand(throttle)and resting my other off the bars.It isn't working.Once the 'pain' from all this starts creeping in on the rides...it just gets worse...no matter how many stops I make.

Well...just wanted you guys to know this.She's the BEST sportbike out there...hands down.I'm gonna miss her...a lot.

She's got all the go fast upgrades...so I guess I'll be grieving for a while.At least I got to own this fantastic motorcycle...and enjoy the feel of all she has.Nothing else out there IMO like THIS bike.Truly a work of art.

You know...when you're 'concentrating' on 'problems' while you're riding a particular bike...it kinda tarnishes to whole deal.I was getting to a point of 'do I want to take her out today?'...that's not good.There should never be reservations with something you love to do.

·
Registered
587 Posts
:(...well guys...I've made a decision about my H2.I've decided to let her go.This is VERY hard.We all know how awesome this bike is.

I have a problem when riding mine.Maybe it's because of the 'battle damage' I've sustained over the years catching up,or something.

The bike itself is VERY comfortable...but I just can't get away from the fact that when I ride her for any length of time...my elbows begin to feel like they're bone on bone...(not because of vibration).It's the angle somehow doing it.And my neck as well.The broken vertebraes I got from my most serious wreck two years ago start flaring up when I ride for more than 100 miles.Creating pain and headaches after a while.

I LOVE this bike...but these issues can't be resolved with the ergos on her.I've tried.Tried sitting different.Tried using one hand(throttle)and resting my other off the bars.It isn't working.Once the 'pain' from all this starts creeping in on the rides...it just gets worse...no matter how many stops I make.

Well...just wanted you guys to know this.She's the BEST sportbike out there...hands down.I'm gonna miss her...a lot.

She's got all the go fast upgrades...so I guess I'll be grieving for a while.At least I got to own this fantastic motorcycle...and enjoy the feel of all she has.Nothing else out there IMO like THIS bike.Truly a work of art.

You know...when you're 'concentrating' on 'problems' while you're riding a particular bike...it kinda tarnishes to whole deal.I was getting to a point of 'do I want to take her out today?'...that's not good.There should never be reservations with something you love to do.
Worse than the 14r huh? You'd literally die on my bike. H2 is downright relaxed compared to race bikes. This sucks........ Bet cruise control would help. You tried new seat too right? And heli bars? Man o man

·
Registered
867 Posts

Silver are you serious? You really going to get rid of her? Man I'm real sorry to hear that for real! :(
I love my lady big time and wish I could change a few things but the performance is what makes me keep her........My ZX14 she's not but that's the beauty of having two girls! >:D

·
Registered
574 Posts
Sorry to hear your decision. I understand about the riding position, this sure as heck isn't an all-day cruiser. I have gone through a bunch of bikes over the years due to comfort issues. I rode a BMW R90S years ago and was almost to the point of getting rid of it because of the way I had to bend over to ride and I was only in my early twenties then. Even on my Harleys, some have been terrible - Bad Boy springer, some very good - Road King, and some in between - softail. What bike are you leaning towards at this point, you still have a lot of good riding weather left in the year? Good luck, we have enjoyed having you on the board.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Just a quick question...

Have you removed the handlebar locator bolts and tried to change the angle of the bars? (rotating them around the forks)

I know exactly what you mean about your elbows. I rode a friends 04 R1 and 06 R1 and after about 20 miles I was in pain. Rotating the bars forwards or backwards helped a lot, to the point where I could actually ride it for long periods.

Not that that would help for your neck... Unless you are subconsciously stressing about your elbows.

Also, as said above, I've been through many bikes, purely because I couldn't get comfortable on them... For me, the 'best' handlebars are a set of 06-07 ZX10R bars. I have used these on several bikes with great success, including the 02 R1 and a K7 GSXR600.

Good luck...

·
Registered
574 Posts
It's a shame that manufacturers won't make the bars more adjustable. A few degrees up or down, or the chance to raise bars an inch might make the difference between a comfortable bike, or having to sell a dreambike like this. They are starting to understand it with the seats and pegs, but the handlebars still leave a lot to be desired. One hour at a time is still about my max saddle time on this thing, but it is a fun hour.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
All you guys are just great.I have tendon damage in the base of my skull that runs down my neck,through the back of my shoulder.Got stretched or something in my last getoff...been two years...it's still easily stressed.I can ride my 14R all day...with the risers and modded seat.No pain at all.But my beloved H2..it just aggravates this stuff.Kinda takes the fun out of riding it...I hate to say.I REALLY wish there was some sort of way I could manage the ergos.It's mainly the way I have to hold on to the bars...the angle.Like I said...I've tried EVERYTHING to take the stress off my shoulder and all....it just isn't working.

I love this bike...it's at the dealer right now...he's tried to offer some alternatives to keeping her.It's not sold yet...probably won't be for a while...I have time to think this through.It's safe over there.We'll see.Nothing's set in stone just yet.

I've ridden her on many all day rides.7K miles of almost all day rides.Taking tylenol.Can't do that everytime i go to ride.

My elbows...yes...starts feeling like bone on bone rubbing...and stays that way for several days after it starts up.I'm getting older I guess.I think if the bars were back about an 1"...possibly up a bit,it would be okay.IF they come out with some riser options here soon...I'd definitely want to try em.I really hate to let this baby go....never had a bike this cool.

I modded the seat and that turned out excellent...but you can only move into the tank so far.IDK if the bars are simply too low(for me)or the angle I have to reach and hold em.I tried using my fingertips to hold on...that 'almost' works.But you can't do that all the time.And a throttlemiester I think would be a great addition.I e-mailed em about making one for my H2...never heard back.

" What bike are you leaning towards at this point, you still have a lot of good riding weather left in the year?"...I've got my 2013 zx14R...she's a fun and comfortable BIG sportbike.Runs great and smooth as glass.So I'm not stuck without a ride.It's piped(Brock's)...flashed,and strong as an ox;)Not like the H2...but fun nevertheless.

I may end up keeping my H2...we'll see.My dealer has NO problem with me changing my mind...he wants me to keep it actually.

Turtle said.."Worse than the 14r huh?"...ONLY with the problems I have physically.In truth...the H2 outrides and out smooths my 14 by a good margin.And my 14 is VERY smooth.

·
Registered
587 Posts
If you lived closer I'd buy it. How much to shipping think? I'm sure I could put the ergot back to torture mode for me.. I don't have trailer or truck but hmmmm

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
Hello Silver,

Here's a possible solution. Convertibars. Up, down, forward, back, or any combination. Not certain if they make a kit specific to the H2 yet but I'm almost certain they will accommodate if you call them.

As an example, I installed a 750RR front end on my salt bike and had to come up with clipons. I called Convertibars and gave them the particulars of my bike to discover they were able to provide an elegant solution. I was against a time gun and they only had pieces in silver and I wanted black. The person that helped me out told me he'd send the silver and when I returned from Bonneville, send them back to him and he in turn would send new black pieces. Great customer service experience.

Worth a shot! I'd hate to see you lose that beautiful machine. Here's their contact info:

Convertibars
Convertibar Kits, Throttle lines, clutch lines, brake lines | Convertibars
287 E. 6th Street
St. Paul, MN. 55101
US
Phone: 651-789-1002

Good luck!

·
Registered
267 Posts
Silver,I feel and share you pain.
Cannot imagine the heartache you are going through with this decision you are now faced with.
I get of my 10R after a 30 min ride with numb hands and neck pain.I get on the H2 and immediately feel relief.
Maybe talk to some machinists/fabricators about some bar risers or some way to get your riding position to a more favorable outcome for you.
I'd hate to see you let her go!!!!
You know a little pain is worth the ride,work on some way's to lessen it a bit.
Either way good luck with your choice.

·
Registered
126 Posts
silver, you better not be leaving these forums man... **** the pain. ride through it!! :D

just kidding man. you gotta do what you gotta do. if its not fun any more, then whats the point? im glad im still fairly young and havent had any serious injurys so that i can still enjoy this bike.. i imagine when im in my 40s or 50s ill have to resort to cruisers and chat to the new youngsters on their brand new super turbo charged 250 cc, 350 hp sports bikes,, 'back in my day, only a 1000cc bike had a supercharger, i know cause i bought the very first one to come out...' theyll all roll their eyes and be like... 'not another lame ass story about the H2...'

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
silver, you better not be leaving these forums man... **** the pain. ride through it!! :D

just kidding man. you gotta do what you gotta do. if its not fun any more, then whats the point? im glad im still fairly young and havent had any serious injurys so that i can still enjoy this bike.. i imagine when im in my 40s or 50s ill have to resort to cruisers and chat to the new youngsters on their brand new super turbo charged 250 cc, 350 hp sports bikes,, 'back in my day, only a 1000cc bike had a supercharger, i know cause i bought the very first one to come out...' theyll all roll their eyes and be like... 'not another lame ass story about the H2...'
I must say, there are exceptions to every rule. I turned 69 last month and I absolutely love my H2! You see, the difference when you reach my age is you can have the H2 and the cruiser while enjoying the heck out of them both!

By the way, could you enlighten me on that supercharged 1000cc bike you had?

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
No..no supercharged 1000.Only the h2.998cc's;)

I might look into the bar riser thingys above...thanks for the info...

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Yes...I'd like to know also.They show three different mm numbers.Is this the rise?From what it looks like in your pic...that small 'upright' post there still has about an inch or so possible?Brake lines""Reservoirs"?These need to be changed?

I'm thinkin a one inch lift would do it for me.

I seriously WANT to keep this great machine.Think I'll call my dealer and tell him to hold off.There's GOT to be a solution to this.

Okay...I'm keepin her.Just too great a bike to turn loose of.Called him up...he's gonna come get me here.Feeling much better now;)

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
No..no supercharged 1000.Only the h2.998cc's;)

I might look into the bar riser thingys above...thanks for the info...
I just re-read Openthrottle's post and my lame-brained response. The only defense I have is to self. "Do not try to make sense hours after your bedtime!"

Click that link I gave you and look at the Rhino option. That one allows angle adjustment in addition to all of the other adjustments I mentioned earlier.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Gosh, SilverbirdH2, I'm not trying to tell you what to do, or anything. But please try the handlebars. Surely there is something out there that can raise, and pull the bars back toward you. If not, maybe you should keep it anyway. Because it is an instant collectors item, and it's only going to go up. We all enjoy your company, and you help keep everything running smoothly on the forum. Something an introvert like me could never do!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts