Ninja H2 banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
That looks like real carbon. Plenty of it. I re-adjust my guessed sales price again. I'd say $40k+

Besides that some user on YouTube think those fins are stabilizers for speeds up to 350 KM/H (220 MPH). Which would be bullocks and more of a fake and dumb wannebe functionality without any real purpose.

Everybody knows that a bike increases its stability with speed through the increasing gyroscopic effect of the rotating wheels. No fins needed. Do you see this crap on MotoGP bikes? No! They make those speeds too.

Increased down force would also cause problems when cornering. We need the bike to be light with less pressure on the small contact patch of the tires when cornering. Unless this bike is heavy and only intended to perform on the straight line. In that case I would be out. If I wanted a boring drag bike I'd buy a cheap ass used busa, some internals and one of those 350 HP turbo kits + 150 HP NOS and be done for way less.

This teaser is somewhat irritating. I really hope they didn't **** it up with useless crap just to make a show.

I'm not buying into fake stuff.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have another one coming: If they are trying to sell those wings as "anti-wheelie" devices to help keep the front tire down I'm going to laugh my ass off. Those small fins won't do anything on a 230-300 HP bike with a short wheel base. It will still wheelie its wheels off.

I hope the Kawasaki "engineers" don't try to be smarter than the whole MotoGP industry or assume that the potential buyers are stupid.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i think its verry nice

they just want to show what they are capable of
thats just my opinion :)

i also know it wont help mutch but ... thats the way is it
it will be a **** of a mashine and it wil look verry nice :)

by the way ... this is the h2r ... so what the normal h2 will look like stays a mistery till intermot germany :)

greetings :)

·
Registered
65 Posts
i think its verry nice

they just want to show what they are capable of
thats just my opinion :)

i also know it wont help mutch but ... thats the way is it
it will be a **** of a mashine and it wil look verry nice :)

by the way ... this is the h2r ... so what the normal h2 will look like stays a mistery till intermot germany :)

greetings :)

A Kawasaki guy mentioned in an interview a couple days ago that there will be no dedicated race version. Only one bike. Which goes along with what I just saw. This bike is not designed for racing; it just turned into a public relations show off.

Maybe Jay Lenno is going to park one in his garage, he can't ride for **** anyways. But real sport bike enthusiast and racer won't take this serious. :(

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
haha jay leno :) fast on the straits :) but he is a cool guy :)

ive just asked it at the branch manager ... at the movie clip vol 9 is the h2r he confirmed

normally you can buy a h2r but it will cost plenty euros/ dollars

ive already ordered my h2 and already have sold 1 :) ( i am a kawasaki dealer)

ill keep you posted with reel fotos when i come back from intermot germany next week

greetings

·
Registered
65 Posts
A light-weight, no carbon fiber, no "RedBull wings I can fly" version with full power option would throw me back into the mix.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Auto Evolution seems to think that the stabilizer does indicate that the H2 will be able to reach very high speeds.

Still, the stabilizer solution is a really rare one in the street bike segment, and even MotoGP prototypes are not using it but very rarely.
You would figure that the stabilizer is there for a reason and not just for show. That means that this bike must need the stabilizer when its going at top speeds.

·
Registered
554 Posts
I have another one coming: If they are trying to sell those wings as "anti-wheelie" devices to help keep the front tire down I'm going to laugh my ass off. Those small fins won't do anything on a 230-300 HP bike with a short wheel base. It will still wheelie its wheels off.

I hope the Kawasaki "engineers" don't try to be smarter than the whole MotoGP industry or assume that the potential buyers are stupid.
Ducati had wings on the Desmo GP10 a few years back. Some said it was for wheelie control, but agreed, bollocks. For real I think the wings MAY serve in a cooling capacity, its easy to assume the blower is going to run HOT.

Or It could be for aero affect, push the air out and around the rider?

Reactions: Klotzo

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
you know what scares me :)

if a customer crasches en i have to work with the carbon pieces :d

not turning to hard on the bolts :d

my opinion it looks great :) f1 styled

·
Registered
244 Posts
Can someone explain how the wings would contribute to engine cooling? Seems like they would all be about aerodynamics to me.

·
Registered
554 Posts
you know what scares me :)

if a customer crasches en i have to work with the carbon pieces :d

not turning to hard on the bolts :d

my opinion it looks great :) f1 styled
Aftermarket will have you covered just in case... ;)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Ducati had wings on the Desmo GP10 a few years back. Some said it was for wheelie control, but agreed, bollocks. For real I think the wings MAY serve in a cooling capacity, its easy to assume the blower is going to run HOT.

Or It could be for aero affect, push the air out and around the rider?

Looking at the picture, not the video, you might be right. Looks like a combo:

1.) Down force for a very small amount of wheelie control above 100 MPH.

2.) Better aerodynamics for the riders legs.

3.) Additional air intake for blower-cooling through that hole.

But it still doesn't look right. It won't do any of those 3 really good and comes across as a gimmick IMO.

I don't know. For now I'm done with speculation. I'll wait until its out.

·
Registered
144 Posts
yea I dont think its a significant downforce generator at ALL. In order for bikes to make optimal use of aero effects they need to be movable effects, the bikes movement in relation to the ground makes that necessary, its not like 4 wheels were you can just apply down force to help it stick down...

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'm thinking its more of an air diffuser. As in, something to break up or change the airflow so it has less drag. Not necessarily something to create downforce.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts