Ninja H2 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tires are going to be interesting when it comes to the H2. Torque monsters are notorious for shredding their rear tires, especially on a supersport with super sticky and soft tires.

I wonder, will Kawasaki work with a tire manufacturer to develop a specific compound for the H2?

Regardless for those of you who ride torquey bikes what tires have you found hold up best?

·
Registered
40 Posts
It would be great if they can work with a tire maker to come up with a tire specifically for this bike, any tire brands you have in mind for this?

·
Registered
144 Posts
I know the ZX-14 comes with Metzlers Stock, but They get chewed up relatively quickly. For example Cycle World has a long term ZX14 tester and it gobbled up its rubber in 2,900 miles... They replaced them with Avon 3D Ultra Supersports.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Honestly, it depends on how much you ride with the traction aides off. I have a 2012 zx14r making 207rwhp, and my oem Metzler M5's lasted almost 7000 miles.

The only reason I replaced them was that the front was cupping badly on the right side. Went with Pirelli Angel GT's as there was a buy a rear, get a front free promotion. I hope to get 10K miles form these. BUT, I never ride with the ktrc off. Always 1 or 2.

Yes, people that ride a lot with it off, get under 3K miles from tires, but its fast enough on the street; why not let the traction control save your tires, and some money, and possibly your skin, lol.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts