Ninja H2 banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Lol!!!!!!!

Unfortunately on the street at those speeds...methinks only a Robocop suit would save ya;)Course,the CF/kevlar Batman suit probably would work as well.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Hey SilverbirdH2, sorry to barge in on the conversation, but is there really such a suit as the carbon fiber/Kevlar Batman suit? If there is, what makes it better than the other protection clothing? Thanks

·
Registered
438 Posts
Hey SilverbirdH2, STRATADALE, this is all new technology to me. But I found 3 bag systems, Dair Project (dainese airbag system), Alpinstars Technologies Moto GP, and Safety Sphere Ultimate Motorcycle Airbag Suit. I don't much care for the last one's color (orange).
But the last one is definitely the best protection. If it is just a conception, it leaves the other 2. I don't really know which one is the best one.
Could you guys tell me? thanks

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
IDK anything about the new tech..I guess that air bag thing could come in handy...for sure.I was repeating(kinda)what Morgan Freeman was saying about that Batman suit.It was Batman,wasn't it?That he was in?

I just can't bring myself to look like a full on racer riding my streetbike...Ninja H2 or any other.I have the Dianese two piece setup...very good.I haven't worn the pants and jacket together yet.I also have the Axial Pro boots.Haven't worn those yet.Sometime up ahead..I'll try out all three together.Been recently wearing the jacket though...it's VERY comfortable.Definitely will save a guy from deep punctures and serious rash.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Hey SilverbirdH2, STRATADALE, this is all new technology to me. But I found 3 bag systems, Dair Project (dainese airbag system), Alpinstars Technologies Moto GP, and Safety Sphere Ultimate Motorcycle Airbag Suit. I don't much care for the last one's color (orange).
But the last one is definitely the best protection. If it is just a conception, it leaves the other 2. I don't really know which one is the best one.
Could you guys tell me? thanks
Honestly, I'm not familiar w the air bag tech, just thought it was funny re the conversation. For the street I wear a Dainese Racing D1 perforated (Estivo) jacket. Boots - Alpine Stars SuperTech Rs. Ive tried on 3 types of Dainese boots but the Rs are the most comfortable for me plus really like the shin protection w the Rs & inner booty system. Depending on whether its day or night or using my Sena 20s wear Arai Corsair V or AGV Corsa "Wish you were Here" edition. Gloves - Alpine Stars GP Pro or Dainese 4 stroke. Liked the Dainese Full Metal D1 gloves but like the GP Pros more. Just bought a Dainese Laguna SECA perf racing suit for upcoming track days. Btw: There's a slightly updated version of the SuperTech R boots coming out so the current version is on sale ($50 off) @ $399.

I like my gear easily accessible so put up a Gladiator Garage shelf/ wall mounted bracket to stow my helmets, etc. right at the garage door, it's the simple conveniences in life.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Man, you have top shelf safety equipment, STRATADALE! My old leathers were 2 piece. But the top didn't come down far enough for me. It is about 2 inches above my belt line. so it is worthless to wear just the top by itself. The armor wasn't hard plastic either. Your 2 Dainese tops, do they come down at least to the belt line for you?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Man, you have top shelf safety equipment, STRATADALE! My old leathers were 2 piece. But the top didn't come down far enough for me. It is about 2 inches above my belt line. so it is worthless to wear just the top by itself. The armor wasn't hard plastic either. Your 2 Dainese tops, do they come down at least to the belt line for you?
Thanks
Thanks Roy. Dainese race type leather gear is euro fit, it's meant to be TIGHT to place the elbow, shoulder protection in the right areas and so they don't move out if place if you go down. The jacket arms should end before your wrist. Basically you want to find the smallest jacket that you can force zip when new, not ridiculous so you can't breathe or look like Chris Farley but it should be somewhat hard to zip when new unless you're skinny which I ain't, lol! And then it should be even tighter w/ the back protector in place. The leather & elastication breaks in, stretches after only a few rides. You also don't want it loose because then it catches air and buffets around at speed. To answer your ? - My jacket fits right above my belt line (which is normal for these types of jackets vs. say a leather for riding a cruiser) but the bottom of the jacket at the rear is a little longer, covers my belt line, so when you're in a tuck it covers that area. I received my Dainese Laguna SECA suit today, man it's nice, they make such high quality stuff.

·
Registered
587 Posts
i have no doubt if I went down at 180+ and didn't hit anything if tumble I'd be jumping up and brushing myself off. But you need 1 piece, I grabbed a gp tech in 52, shoei rf1200 terminus helmet, gp tech gloves, super tech r boots, nucleon chest and back protector. The feeling of invincibility is almost scary.myou need to keep your head in check ya know. I usually wear my Kevlar jeans, and joe rocket boots and a joe rocket jacket if I'm behaving myself During the day. At night it's full Monty game on no matter what. Some days I'll wear full suit during days I count care less what others think. If I don't ride fast enough for a suit in soneonesopinion it's not them tap hat will be needing skin graphs..... A friend of a guy on this site went down at 100+ in the rain the other day, slid for 500+ feet not 1 scratch. I thought he went down actually but I figured he woulda mentioned it lol sick puppy he is

·
Registered
267 Posts
I can't even make myself ride around the corner shop without suiting up first.
To me it's the same as putting a seat belt on in a car.
I've got 2 suits 2 pairs of boots 3 pairs of gloves and 4 helmets.
Came off at Phillip Island at 170 kmh and limped away.Leathers copped a fair bit of gravel rash but saved my skin.
Seen 1st hand with friends who've ridden in jeans and shirts what can happen and it ain't pretty.

·
Registered
438 Posts
That's pretty much my thinking. Nobody can predict when, where, and how you fall off. So I would like to be prepared as much as I can.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Best protection is going to be a race suit but what if you're not just going for a ride, say it's a destination where you're going to be walking around off the bike in 90F. Sure you can pull the top half down but it's still a pita. I wear my jacket, boots, gloves no matter the temps or destination but I ordered a pair of Dainese Delta Pro C2s leather pants which zip 360 degrees into the jacket this way I can at least take the jacket off when I'm off the bike & don't have to wear my race suit. Will give you 90% of the protection that a full suit will. You can also get leather pants without the knee sliders but w protection for the knee, shin, hips. Believe it's called Dainese Alien & will zip/mate to a Dainese jacket. Or w slightly less protection but more comfort in heat go textile w/ the Dainese Drake/air drake. 2 piece may be your best bet Roy if you don't want to wear a race suit every ride. Revzilla is a great place to shop online, vids on almost all products.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts