Ninja H2 banner
41 - 49 of 49 Posts
Nice, no one here in uk willing to do it, I heard that suntek is very good. Do you mind me asking the cost?
My budget going in was $700-$800. Got there with the bike which they had never seen before (big surprise) and the owner saw how much work it was going to be and was hesitant to do the job. After some discussion I told him my absolute cap was $1,200 so he took on the job. 3 days & 2 workers later he lost money on this job, he said it should have been double that. Hard to believe isn't it? $1,200 + $20 tip for beers to the guys working on it.

Couldn't find anyone in the uk willing to do it to mine, no patterns apparently. I got offered part wrap but don't like the look
There is a pattern available from A small company called Clear guard in Melbourne Australia this was done with 3M in pro shield wrap.My bike was used as a template I had it fitted for $650 AUD im sure the kit that he has would be pretty reasonable.This was a full wrap fairings tail front guard etc except for the 2 vent parts on the front of the tank .

I am the type who loves to give my bikes/cars a good waxing.
Actually I was instructed to wax/polish the clear bra often, they told me to treat it like paint. That is for the SunTek film, I don't know how you care for the wraps like 3M, maybe one of the other members knows..

I had my bike wrapped with Expel 1 month after getting it here in Sth. Aust.
At the time the detailer used the template off the internet for this wrap, he said as things are added to the template they help others to get more complete wrapping etc.

The tank template though was in two pieces, with the dividing line cutting across the tank level with the fuel cap. The detailer said he would have to form a new template to get the tank wrapped as one piece. I seem to notice some of you have a complete one piece wrap on the tank, if correct?

Fair enough, that could be the reason some tanks look "complete" with the wrap - all about positioning!

He did say it would help if I removed the badging from the sides then buy new ones to fit ontop, but I'm not prepared to go to that extreme.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.