Ninja H2 banner
21 - 40 of 49 Posts
The film that was applied to my bike is not Xpel, the installers recommended the Suntek film instead.

3M, Xpel and Suntek all make excellent quality products, the Suntek is apparently slightly thinner, which makes it easier to install on the angular surfaces of the H2 front bodywork.

The Suntek installation comes with 5 years warranty, and can be replaced at any time with no damage to the paint whatsoever.

The installers told me it will not fade for 10 years or so, as they have installed the film on cars that used everyday and left outside in all weather condition, and it lasted more than 5 years in those applications.

The additional Ceramic Pro coating is 100 times thicker than wax, it also lasts approximately 5 years, it is hydrophobic (washing the bike is now super easy, no need for the ultra precautions) and also supplements the factory clear coat, so any scratches can be polished several times without touching the original clear coat.

Frio

My buds at Detailing Dynamics (best in the clear film business) wrapped the entire tank for me today. Everything is custom cut.... I only had time for the tank seeing how it was the most important to me to get done because of my jeans, leather jacket. Usually they're booked out a month min. I didn't have an appt. but swung by & my buddy took care of it while I waited. If you do film its important to have it done asap. They've done 7 cars for me over the last 12 years with different clear film products, 3M, Venture, etc. I don't bring new cars home, right from the dealership to DD. I own 2 cars currently w/ 3M across the entire front end & behind the wheels but we selected xpel for the bike. Think I'll have one of my cars redone w/ it. It's "self healing". They took a wire brush and scratched it then using a little heat (or sun) the scratches disappeared. There's always some pretty nice cars in the shop for partial or full wraps plus some custom work.

2nd visit to Detailing Dynamics to finish the expel film. 1st time was a favor to slip into the schedule/the whole tank was covered. Today was to cover the front fender & all painted surfaces on front of the bike (plus headlight) and side fairings. Took about a half hour of prep (to remove the mirrors, trim pieces) & about 2 hours for the application w/ 2 guys doing the work. As always from DD it came out incredible IMO. I was pleased that the film laid so flat over the green decals above the headlight. All pics below are after film was applied :

[URL=http://s39.photobucket.com/user/StradaleF1/media/image.jpg5_zpsf35l5gis.jpg.html]

[/URL]

[URL=http://s39.photobucket.com/user/StradaleF1/media/image.jpg2_zpsyf75r6oj.jpg.html]

[/URL]

Stradale, that is really cool! I can't see any seams on the closeup's on the tank! Do they have more than 1 shop, like, are they in other states?
Thanks! Unfortunately just 1 shop in Mineola Long Island.... If you look at the Kawasaki emblem on the tank you can see the border of the film (you can see in the pics below) but other than removing the emblem (which I don't think is a good idea) that's the only way to do it. Other than that area it's really difficult to even tell the work was done. Having the right material is important but after looking at hundreds of these jobs over the years, from different levels of installers/expertise on cars the way it comes out IMO is really about who's doing the installation. These guys get the highest end cars shipped to them from all over the country so I'm lucky to be 10 minutes away.

So far I've stayed away from spot cleaning the bike whatsover till I could wash it properly because the paint is so reflective & really prone to showing scratches. What I REALLY like about having the film besides protecting against chips is now I can use a spay detailer and clean up my lightly dusted bike or clean fingerprints without having to worry about micro scratching the paint.

Stradale, how much is it ?
My whole bike was $500. The film itself is not what costs $ though. I have a whole roll of VentureShield film, probably enough to cover 200 H2s. I use it for projects. I've used it numerous times but cant come close to getting it to look like how my shop does it. W/ this stuff its ALL about the quality of the installation & the H2 especially the front cowl is much more difficult than doing most cars. It's an art similar to painting graphics on a car, it's not the paint, it's the painter. If possible you want to find an installer that has a huge amount of experience. If not it won't look as good, you'll see edges to the film, bubbles, or even slight folds, etc. You have to know where you can fold the film around the inside of a panel to hide the edge & where you can't but not everyone has access to a pro shop that does these all the time. Even a non- professional install is better than nothing. It's great piece of mind plus now I can clean the bike after riding without creating micro-scratching in the clear coat.

MF41/H2-72-15, Thank you for telling us about the plastic on your bike. There was a lot of useful information. I am not a very good computer person, but I heard the people telling this person that the way to load a picture was to leave the "s" off of http. I hope this works for you. If it doesn't work, maybe a good computer person could help him load pictures.

Discussion starter · #34 ·
MF41/H2-72-15, Thank you for telling us about the plastic on your bike. There was a lot of useful information. I am not a very good computer person, but I heard the people telling this person that the way to load a picture was to leave the "s" off of http. I hope this works for you. If it doesn't work, maybe a good computer person could help him load pictures.
Removing the 's' is a must, I believe that 's' means the content is secured or something, and might not be what BB Code (the coding this forum recognizes) recognizes yet

Clear Bra

Just got my bike back yesterday from having the clear bra installed and I must say it far exceed my expectations. I did a lot of research and found the film I wanted used (SunTek) and then found the best shop in San Diego, wasn't hard I just followed the Ferraris/Porsches/Lamborghinis.. Came to find out that this shop (Modern Image) did all the graphic image wraps for the Fast & Furious movies, so I knew I was in good hands.

So it was a huge job, they had 2 guys working on it for 2 days. Had the entire front faring wrapped, front wings + lights, headlight, entire front fender, entire side fairings + those little winglet extentions, entire gas tank (I purchased new Kawi decals to put on), + those vent panels that cover the front of the tank, and the top & sides of the tail section.

Apparently the SunTek clear bra is way thicker and more durable than your normal paint wrap. And I came to find out that it is "self healing" when scratched, check out his short video on that:

Bunch of pics down below, all pics taken after the clear bra was installed. As you know really hard to take images of this bike because of the mirror reflection it gives.

Tip: if you "roadrace" like I do with my guys in the canyons and take on shrapnel while doing battle, 2 other places you want to protect from pitting; the bottom of your forks where the pinch bolts are..cover area with black duck tape before you go out, and the other area is the top of your fork tubes will get very pitted, I wrap that using sheets of Snider's Paint Guard.

Couldn't find anyone in the uk willing to do it to mine, no patterns apparently.
My shop didn't have patterns either, the cut from scratch.

Holy crap. Everyone's wrap that they post here always makes me angry about mine. Went to a shop that's wrapped Mclaren P1s, more exotics that you can shake a stick at, paid a pretty decent chunk and even after going back to get it fixed/adjusted it looks nowhere near as good as everyone else's here.

I'd love to head the cost too. I might pull my upper fairing off in the winter and mail it out to get rewrapped.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.