Ninja H2 banner

Ninja H2 Owners: Show Us Your Ninja H2 / H2R Pictures

99K views 183 replies 66 participants last post by  LegendH2 
#1 ·
Take your camera with you, get some shots of your Ninja H2 / H2R to share!

Get in the photo and show your mug as well!

#58 ·
Congrats Warp12. What's your break-in plan, follow manual? Ride it like you would normally? Or somewhere in between?

I stayed under 6k first 50 miles. Kept the 9k rev limiter (that Kawasaki set in place) till I got her home (another 350 miles) Changed out oil/filter on 2nd day of ownership, adjusted chain & let her rip.

#59 · (Edited)
My bike saw 10k rpm indicated once the oil was fully warm (about 15 miles on the odometer). I haven't noticed any rpm restriction??

I have run it up to high rpm a number of times, and it has seen about 130 mph indicated, on the ride home. It has 93 miles on it now, and I will soon be changing the oil and filter. My process involves getting load on the engine as soon as the oil is warm, and then various burst of full throttle and engine braking. I don't subject the bike to extended high rpm running, or excessive heat, right off the bat.

On my 14R, by mile 30 I was pulling into redline, uphill, in 4th gear. That bike also was on the dyno with low miles, and by 1k miles had about 135 dyno pulls on it, and was run to 212 mph soon after.

My break-in miles are done, and I am ready to unleash it. I'm looking forward to my 2nd ride.

0:)

#64 ·
He's saying the limiter hits at the factory 9K setting on the shift lamp?I don't think so...First day out on mine I hit 10K...there wasn't any limiting feel that I could tell.I changed my shift lamp after that day to the 13.5 limit.Course,I didn't HIT 13.5 in the first several days.

But now I've had er up to 14K(flashed limit rpms).The 'shift lamp' limit is still at 13.5...but it's definitely NOT limiting or anything at 13.5.

#72 · (Edited)
Last night in Times Square & also 42nd street. People swarm the bikes like they've never seen one before, girls would come up asking for rides which one of my buds was happy to oblige but had to be selective, lol! Found a positive for not having a back seat, I was able to be polite, had a good excuse when asked. Must have answered questions about the H2 from 15 different people, many from outside the U.S.A. A few guys would just walk up & go "Holy S***, an H2" !

#73 ·
^That last pic looks like you have an undertail exhaust lol.

#80 ·
Welcome to the forum and your bike looks great! Here's a few tips and tricks for riders in the warmer climates.
CW TIPS & TRICKS: HOW TO STAY COOL ON YOUR MOTORCYCLE

I like this bit the most:
COOL OFF WITH CHEAP TRICKS
Motorcycles don’t come with air conditioners (yet!), but you can improvise your own. How? At your next gas stop, fill your pockets and daypack with ice. You don’t need much, and you can often score enough for free out of the soft-drink vending machine. The ice itself is cold of course, and as it melts, the water evaporates and takes heat with it. Works best with synthetic jackets. Alternatively, take along some of those soft, refreezeable ice packs used in coolers and put them close to your hide under your jacket.
If it's one of those hot days where even walking outside is too much you may as well stay home with a nice tub of ice cream.

#81 ·
Some of the guys around here get quite creative. Going as far as using a perforated tube around their neck
connected to a small battery operated pump with a quart sized bottle of water to draw from. About a five
second squirt will wet down a T-shirt under a perforated jacket. ..... McGyver level

#86 ·
^Looking good. How many H2's do you know of in Toronto? I will be joining you guys too for next season :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.