Ninja H2 banner

41 - 60 of 180 Posts

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
WAY cool Strad.Great shots....I like em totally;)

Did you enjoy installing your tail tidy as much as I did?:rolleyes:
My EvoTech tail tidy arrived the day before my first service appt. so had the dealer install it when they changed out the oil, etc. Plus I can get impatient w/ stuff like this so when I heard it can be a pain decided to let them deal w it.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Great ride last night, perfect temps (70F) & hardly any cars on the road on the way home at 12am. Destination was Port Jefferson Long Island. Not the greatest pics w phone at night but thought I'd post them anyway. I just love this machine.

·
Registered
126 Posts
H2 always draws a crowd.. lol

just needs the tail tidy to finally rock up and ill be happy with it for awhile.. lol

Attachments

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Congrats Warp12. What's your break-in plan, follow manual? Ride it like you would normally? Or somewhere in between?

I stayed under 6k first 50 miles. Kept the 9k rev limiter (that Kawasaki set in place) till I got her home (another 350 miles) Changed out oil/filter on 2nd day of ownership, adjusted chain & let her rip.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Congrats Warp12. What's your break-in plan, follow manual? Ride it like you would normally? Or somewhere in between?

I stayed under 6k first 50 miles. Kept the 9k rev limiter (that Kawasaki set in place) till I got her home (another 350 miles) Changed out oil/filter on 2nd day of ownership, adjusted chain & let her rip.
My bike saw 10k rpm indicated once the oil was fully warm (about 15 miles on the odometer). I haven't noticed any rpm restriction??

I have run it up to high rpm a number of times, and it has seen about 130 mph indicated, on the ride home. It has 93 miles on it now, and I will soon be changing the oil and filter. My process involves getting load on the engine as soon as the oil is warm, and then various burst of full throttle and engine braking. I don't subject the bike to extended high rpm running, or excessive heat, right off the bat.

On my 14R, by mile 30 I was pulling into redline, uphill, in 4th gear. That bike also was on the dyno with low miles, and by 1k miles had about 135 dyno pulls on it, and was run to 212 mph soon after.

My break-in miles are done, and I am ready to unleash it. I'm looking forward to my 2nd ride.

0:)

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
My bike saw 10k rpm indicated once the oil was fully warm (about 11 miles on the odometer). I haven't noticed any rpm restriction??

I have run it up to high rpm a number of times, and it has seen about 130 mph indicated, on the ride home. It has 93 miles on it now, and I will soon be changing the oil and filter.

My break-in miles are done, and I am ready to unleash it. I'm looking forward to my 2nd ride.

0:)
Awesome.
From the factory they set the "SHIFT REV" at 9k but you can change this easily in the settings/don't need the dealer. Pg 75 manual - "The initialization setting is 9000 rpm." I must have been under 9k in 6th but also saw 130+ on the ride home. If I could have changed out the oil even earlier I would have too, think that's a good idea to do really early, if there's anything in the oil it's going to be from the first couple of hundred miles.

41 - 60 of 180 Posts