Ninja H2 banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Administrator
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Ninja H2 Rev Limits and Throttle-By-Wire Restrictions

Ghul Motors has been working hard to come out with a reflash for the H2’s ECU. Keep track of their efforts as they move forward.

I've been reading through this site over the last couple weeks as we start down the long and very tedious journey of defining the code in these new powerful and amazing ECUs. I've seen many posts of guesswork on what is going on with these bikes with many excellent theories. As we progress with our testing, if there is interest, we can post factual information regarding the operation of these bikes. I say factual, because the code does not lie...

Garth posted earlier that the H2 is highly restricted, but left out details of how restricted it really is. It should be no secret that all new street legal bikes have restrictions of some sort. They are there to pass the smog and noise emissions standards. Power makes noise, so to reduce noise, it's basically a larger muffler or less power... Unfortunately, the mufflers are about as big as they can get.

The rev limit of the H2 is ~13000 RPM. The H2R is ~14000 RPM. With centrifugal superchargers, the boost rises with engine speed, so the H2R already has a boost advantage with the extra RPMs.

I believe that the real secret to the restrictions of the H2 are the throttle-by-wire maps. Check out the main (full power) map from the H2 ECU. The x-axis is the accelerator position and the data of the map is the commanded throttle position of the actual throttle plates. As you can see, after 10000 RPM, the throttles close down pretty quickly!

The good news is: It looks like we should be able to correct the rev limits and the throttle-by-wire restrictions.

I'll post more information as we move forward...

Enjoy!

Power Commander V for H2

Member @OKH2 reached out to Power Commander to find out if they'll be providing a PCV and Auto Tune module. Power Commander's Senior Product Manager responds:

Contacted PC today and inquired about PCV w/auto tune for H2, here is my inquiry and their response:

Me: Will you guys be providing a PCV and possibly Auto Tune module for the 2015 Kawasaki Ninja H2? I would very much like to change the exhaust but I'm concerned about maintaining proper A/F ratio since this is a supercharged application. Thanks for your consideration.
Scott

PC: part #17-062 should be released this week. You can use AT-200 with any PCV so it will work fine for you. If you have any other questions please let us know. Thanks.
Dustin Schaller
Senior Product Manager :D:D:D:D

Welcome to Power Commander Motorcycle Fuel Injection Tuning Module V&notes=

DNA H2 Air filter

If a High Performance Air Filter is on your list, you`ll be pleased to know DNA High Performance Filters have achieved fantastic results with the development of their product getting a 40% increase in air flow!

>:D
DNA High Performance Filters added 3 new photos.

7 hrshttps://www.facebook.com/#

Final tests for the DNA KAWASAKI H2 High Performance Airfilter!
Fantastic results achieved from our R&D department, this filter is going to be a must for all the H2 bikes!!!
40% increase in air flow!!!!
DNA’s Fcd Design (Full contour design) at its best!
Every single square mm of area is used as active filtering surface! ...
Official release tomorrow!

MOTO-D Kawasaki H2 Single Sided Swingarm Stand

Joining a number of brands to come out with a stand for the H2 so far, MOTO-D has come out with their very own single sided swingarm stand, currently in stock.

Tank Protection

Whether you`re interested in the development of the clear plastic protective covers originally mention or need ideas on what direction to go on this vital accessory, you`ll find this discussion to be resourceful

The moment the first H2 arrives with us (within the next day or two) we have got a local decal manufacturer coming in to measure up the tank to get templates to produce adhesive clear plastic protective covers for the top of the tank (from the filler cap back to the seat) and the two sides of the tank where your knees will rub.

No idea on pricing yet, but it won't be stupid - who might be interested in something like this for their own bike and are there other areas of the bike you would like to protect ?

·
Registered
220 Posts
A couple of more items:

Inga LTM-4 Lithium Ion battery 290 cold cranking amps

Same size as OEM battery, but about 5 Lbs lighter.

Dan Moto has adjustable clip ons for 50 mm forks ( H 2 )

Has about the most adjustment combos and fairly cheap @ $ 116 to 120

from sources such as Ebay or Amazon.

Have battery in bike, already , and bars being installed, now.

Will have tool list and pics up by tomorrow.

·
Registered
220 Posts
DNA H2 Air filter

If a High Performance Air Filter is on your list, you`ll be pleased to know DNA High Performance Filters have achieved fantastic results with the development of their product getting a 40% increase in air flow!
What does that 40% increase in air flow actually do for your bike's performance?

·
Registered
573 Posts
On these bikes I'm sure a lot. From what I've been told about what pulling an air filter does to performance its a big deal.

Don't count on too much gain when your throttle only opens 35% at high rpm.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Don't count on too much gain when your throttle only opens 35% at high rpm.
I believe Garth is assuming this would be after Guhl does his thing to the ECU.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I wonder how much a complete H2R motor would cost?
I'd probably guess around 15k Considering the cases alone are 2k, the supercharger is 3300 cylinder head is 2000 cams are 1000 crank 1100 1000 pistons rods. on and on.... and those are all bare parts lol.

Not only that but your not allowed to order the H2R parts unless you own a H2R already :nerd:

·
Registered
437 Posts
rapidroy1

Would the H2R motor plug right into a H2 drive train, wires and all?
That would just be a total of 40k vs. 50k for the H2R, and try to make it be accepted for the street. A friend told me that the vin. number on the title would not let a person get a tag for it on the street. Plus a person would have to figure out where to put the lights, and wire it in. It would probably need a lot more quiet exhaust to get it thru the inspections. My salesman said on this other site it told me in detail how to turn an H2 into An H2R. This convinced me to get the H2. He just didn't remember where it is. So I started looking for it. I still haven't found it. But I found you guys. I am learning a lot from you guys. But I want to know what to do when my H2 arrives. It is very disappointing. It won't come until around june.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Would the H2R motor plug right into a H2 drive train, wires and all?
That would just be a total of 40k vs. 50k for the H2R, and try to make it be accepted for the street. A friend told me that the vin. number on the title would not let a person get a tag for it on the street. Plus a person would have to figure out where to put the lights, and wire it in. It would probably need a lot more quiet exhaust to get it thru the inspections. My salesman said on this other site it told me in detail how to turn an H2 into An H2R. This convinced me to get the H2. He just didn't remember where it is. So I started looking for it. I still haven't found it. But I found you guys. I am learning a lot from you guys. But I want to know what to do when my H2 arrives. It is very disappointing. It won't come until around june.

You really dont need the entire motor man, you can get a custom set of cams ground to match the H2R, get a full system, and get the ECU flashed, make the supercharger breathe a little better and you would be set. the compression between the motors is only a .2 difference, you can have cometic make you a custom MLS gasket that can get that a little closer as well.

All the parts like crank rods pistons supercharger are the same. With only a few grand you can get your H2R power.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts