Ninja H2 banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you can see in this link: https://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/new-bikes/2017/november/new-ducati-panigale-v4-2018-revealed/

MCN says: "The V4 S made a staggering 198.6bhp at the rear wheel, making it the most powerful mass-produced sportsbike MCN have ever tested. "

But as you can see in MCN https://www.motorcyclenews.com/news...awasaki-h2-v-suzuki-hayabusa-v-yamaha-yzf-r1/

H2 made 204.2 bhp

So... if H2 made 204.2 bhp, and the V4S is the most powerful mass produced sportsbike... then the H2 is not a sportsbike anymore?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well, is good to know H2 is not considered "mass produced"... it feels more special tan ever :)

·
Registered
502 Posts
As said, do they class the H2 a "mass produced",probably not, good job really as mine was 199.8 bhp stock

Anyway, here in the Uk, most folk tend to ignore MCN (More Crap News) as its commonly known, its bias towards Ducati and Honda is a bit embarrassing, example, most sports bike mags give the new fireblade a bit of a hammering, MCN crowned it sports bike o the year

Rob

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
@aleib...it's totally not in the same class as Duc.You should feel special...IMO.Better bike for sure.IMO.I'm really glad I changed my mind about selling mine.

·
Registered
835 Posts
h2madness!;316753 .I'm really glad I changed my mind about selling mine.[/QUOTE said:
Don't make the mistake of thinking you are forgiven, you made me feel like my girlfriend had an affair with a football team just for using the "sell" word .
Now sit in the corner and reflect about how you made us all feel , yes you too NOLA ! Explain yourselves .

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Another one from he same review:

Bruce said. “It accelerates so fast that you can’t feed it gears quickly enough - it just eats one up and instantly demands another. I’ve not ridden a production sportsbike that is so fast to accelerate. "

It says "production sportbike"... not mass produced.

MCN H2 1/4 mile = 9.87 secs
MCN V4 1/4 mile = 10.09 secs

Both times where measuered on stock bikes by MCN.

So... H2 is not mass produced, but is not a production sportbike then also? the magic Word here is production?

H2 could be made all by hand, but that is still a "production"? or not?

·
Registered
502 Posts
Another one from he same review:

Bruce said. “It accelerates so fast that you can’t feed it gears quickly enough - it just eats one up and instantly demands another. I’ve not ridden a production sportsbike that is so fast to accelerate. "

It says "production sportbike"... not mass produced.

MCN H2 1/4 mile = 9.87 secs
MCN V4 1/4 mile = 10.09 secs

Both times where measuered on stock bikes by MCN.

So... H2 is not mass produced, but is not a production sportbike then also? the magic Word here is production?

H2 could be made all by hand, but that is still a "production"? or not?
The V4 duke appears to have upped the game among the "regular" (see new meaning) sports bikes

Dont forget though, the H2 is probably carrying 30+ kg more weight, making the mighty Kwak still impressive

Rob

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ok, MCN do not thinks H2 a sportsbike, good... but now H2 is not even a bike:

https://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/first-rides-tests/aprilia-rsv4-rf-fw-first-ride/

"This will be the first time we've ever ridden a bike with wings, so check our social media channels on Tuesday to find out how it feels and read more in MCN soon."

Ok this Aprilia is the first bike with wings right?

What about this (also MCN)

https://www.motorcyclenews.com/bike-reviews/kawasaki/ninja-h2r/2015/

Its not a bike? the H2R are not wings but winglets or something? H2R is a Bike and not a bike maybe? Let me know..... i'm curious.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
......................H2R is a Bike and not a bike maybe? Let me know..... i'm curious.
These are just words and because a journalist uses one expression rather than another doesn't make something true.

Next we'll be saying it MUST be true because I read it in a magazine.

They're all MOTORCYCLES.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ok but... tomorrow we have a Suzuki with SC, and MCN will say "this Suzuki is the first bike we have riddend with SC"
Next day Honda will have a bike with dog-ring gear box: MCN will say "this Honda is the first bike we have ever ridden with a dog-ring gear box"
Then we have Triump with 150HP, and MCN will say "this is the most powerfull motorcycle"

where does all this BS ends?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Motojournalists -- both motorcycle and automotive -- must be bought and paid for for them to tell the truth, or a lie, it just doesn't matter. If you've got the money, honey, they've got the time.

·
Registered
438 Posts
My background is in engineering and I am pretty confidant is saying the H2 engine is a lot less stressed than the competition. Will the others take a simple flash to get an extra 50hp, be reliable and stay together? Never been a fan of naturally aspirated engines as to get the high HP out of them they are unreliable. Even ocean going ships are turbo'd for efficiency and reliability and they do max 120rpm. Forced induction removes most of the stress and emission issues to get reliable high HP.

·
Registered
438 Posts
The difference is that the H2 gets delivered to the customer de-rated, all the others have had every reliable HP squeezed out of them.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts