Ninja H2 banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
You guys are getting off light. My wife just had a 5 mph wreck in her car and I just checked on my coverage for the zx1000nffl with Progressive. After going through various options, it came back at $2700 per year for full coverage with 1000 deductible. Just for entertainment, I plugged in my 19 year old son's info to see the cost - the same coverage was $12,900 per year! Guess we won't see the normal 19 year old squids riding this thing.

I will probably check a few other companies to see if the rates vary much.

I would check with Geico. When I purchased my 2014 BMW S 1000R Progressive wanted 1k for insurance so I told the agent he is got to do better, so I ended up with McGraw Ins Svcs/Pacific Specialty Ins co. at about $650. The only bike I have with Progressive now is my 2015 R NinetyT. When I get my H2, I am probably going to transfer all my M/C Insurance to Geico.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I got quoted AUD$758 from my insurance company NRMA, they don't even have the H2 listed on their website, I have to do it over the phone, insured value AUD$37,000

·
Registered
81 Posts
I got my insurance quote the other day, just over $2800.00 for a years coverage in Canadian dollars. Insured for $30,000 bucks and $5,000 worth of riding gear. That's using ICBC for basic coverage and Beacon for the replacement costs.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I got my insurance quote the other day, just over $2800.00 for a years coverage in Canadian dollars. Insured for $30,000 bucks and $5,000 worth of riding gear. That's using ICBC for basic coverage and Beacon for the replacement costs.
that sounds like quite a lot
is this is company where the H2 will be the only thing you have with them or do you already have other things insured with them?

·
Registered
208 Posts
Has anyone in the UK managed to get an insurance quote yet ?

I've been trying various companies and haven't found many that even have the Ninja H2 on their list of bike options.

I did a GoCompare search and the only one that came up was MCE at over £5k !! Clearly that's not legitimate ..... I hope !!

I spoke to Carole Nash and they said they'd have a look at a 'special quote' option and they'd ring me back .... never heard anything :)

It's not like I'm a young tearaway I'm a 52 yr old with years of experience on 1000cc stuff :-(

·
Registered
787 Posts
I've got insurance in the uk..... Only Road Risks ,,,third party only. Minimal legal requirement. If it get stolen,all they can do is bury it. If i crash,,,unlucky.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I have 5 other bikes and 4 cars. 55 years old, no kids in Calgary. No tickets.

The H2 cost for me is $364/year. My insurance presumes that I can only ride one bike at a time. It includes gear. I asked for a quote last week. I told her to check again and she never got back to me so I presume that was the right number - but it may change.

My Gixxer is just under $1k, my Harley $800, my CBR less than $300. my YSR less than $100 - I don't recall what my Guzzi is. $400 I think. This is all from memory - all my insurance is one monthly bill. House, cars, bikes - all one bill.

My total motorcycle insurance bill is about $3k/year for 6 bikes.

Greg

·
Registered
240 Posts
I have 5 other bikes and 4 cars. 55 years old, no kids in Calgary. No tickets.

The H2 cost for me is $364/year. My insurance presumes that I can only ride one bike at a time. It includes gear. I asked for a quote last week. I told her to check again and she never got back to me so I presume that was the right number - but it may change.

My Gixxer is just under $1k, my Harley $800, my CBR less than $300. my YSR less than $100 - I don't recall what my Guzzi is. $400 I think. This is all from memory - all my insurance is one monthly bill. House, cars, bikes - all one bill.

My total motorcycle insurance bill is about $3k/year for 6 bikes.

Greg
Who's that through Greg?

Got quoted $1350 at TD yesterday...

I'm the same age as you, 2 bikes on this policy, as Wawnesa wouldn't insure my 14R after having my 12R there for 11 years!

·
Registered
331 Posts
When I lived in Miami with a 14R progressive wanted $1900 I went to State Farm and it was just under $400 for same full coverage and 1k deductible. Since then switched everything bikes house etc to SF and moved to Arizona and price dropped a tiny bit.

I'm hearing quotes all over the place in this thread so pricing isn't so much based on the bike but other things like maybe age, location/theft rates and credit scores.

·
Registered
240 Posts
We have a "blacklist" now in Canada, so the companies that will insure us
menaces to society, can have there way with us:eek:

·
Registered
210 Posts
echelon is my motorcycle insurance company.

Never a ticket, never a claim. Professional couple.......

I honestly think her quote is WAY low - but that's the number she gave me. I hope it sticks. I'm thrilled with that number.

Greg

·
Registered
240 Posts
echelon is my motorcycle insurance company.

Never a ticket, never a claim. Professional couple.......

I honestly think her quote is WAY low - but that's the number she gave me. I hope it sticks. I'm thrilled with that number.

Greg
Yup, you better get that quote in writing, ASAP!:D

Wish I could say that about tickets, but I've been a good boy lately;)

·
Registered
539 Posts
Yup, you better get that quote in writing, ASAP!:D

Wish I could say that about tickets, but I've been a good boy lately;)
that's why i make sure to keep around some good lawyers, throw them the case, and wait for the call and them to say..."case thrown out, lack of disclosure" :D

·
Registered
573 Posts
I know the first thing my bank will ask is the name of the carrier, so the search is really urgent. I checked Progressive again and thanks to the bride's recent spill, they want $2605 per year, down from $2700 a couple months ago. Geico looks to be the cheapest at $876. USAA was real high. Allstate did not have the bike in their system and could not quote. State Farm had fired us because of all of the kid's spills, so they aren't an option either. The good news is that I got 1.99% financing on the bike.

·
Super Moderator
699 Posts
I ended up switching all vehicles plus house to a new policy. Was with State Farm (now Certas / Desjardins), went to Dalton Timmis (broker) and they switched everything over to Aviva.

The H2 doesn't seem to be in their ratings system so they treat it the same as a ZX10R. Full coverage is a little over C$820 per year with all available discounts (including multi-bike).

·
Registered
350 Posts
I ended up switching all vehicles plus house to a new policy. Was with State Farm (now Certas / Desjardins), went to Dalton Timmis (broker) and they switched everything over to Aviva.

The H2 doesn't seem to be in their ratings system so they treat it the same as a ZX10R. Full coverage is a little over C$820 per year with all available discounts (including multi-bike).
I would expect that your rate for the H2 will go up once Aviva knows it has given you Full Coverage on a $30K+ bike compared to the value of a ZX10R.

·
Registered
573 Posts
I mentioned this on another thread, but I hit the deal with Geico for $876, there was about a two hour delay and then another message that said welcome to the family and go print your documents. I have three kids who have had their share of spills and the wife just had a high dollar 5mph spill in December. I knew I was screwed so I am thankful for Geico.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts