Ninja H2 banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
I thought this paint would require some careful handling.This is perfect!My dealer assured me I'd be there for the uncrating.I'm gonna print this out...and take it with me(in my back pocket)...but I'm the one gonna do this thing.Hope he understands...I've got the pads and Thick Microfiber cloth ready here.Unopened.Thanks for this post Crow;)I hate to be a 'pain in the arse' ya know...but it IS an expensive bike,which has particular needs.I think he'll get it...I hope.If not...oh well...

If ANYONE scratches MY Ninja...it'll be ME;)Now...with Spring arriving...what to do about these big azz bugs that LOVE to commit suicide on motorcycles here.:eek:

I wonder if my dealer got this as well...I'm not calling to find out.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
I think the main issue here is making sure when we do go to wash our bikes...that we soak thoroughly the surface before we start 'rubbing' stuff off.And be gentle on the 'rubbing'.That stuff has to lift away from the surface first.It'll be fine.Clean somewhere where there isn't any dust and such blowing around.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Yea it seems like you want to be doing more wiping than scrubbing. A soft cloth is the go to for that mirror surface. It kinda seems like scratches are going to happen eventually though. There is only so much you can do to prevent knicks and dings and the like.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Cleaning Regime

I think it's a good thing that Kawasaki are emphasising care when cleaning these bikes right from uncrating at the dealer.

Microfibre cloths are readily available in packs of ten or so and they can be washed and reused many times.

I had a black car which had to be treated in the same way. Washed with a sheepskin mitten, dried with a chamois leather and polished in one direction (rather than a circular motion) to give it a glassy shine. I used Autoglym and it always looked fantastic.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
As other have said, I think we just need to be gentle. I am OCD about my toys, keeping them clean and looking as new as possible. In my garage I have two bins with lids for my microfiber towels. One for clean towels and one for dirty towels. When I get out a clean towel I check it to make sure there is not any debris embedded in the towel. I typically don't wash my bikes with a hose and bucket unless I get caught in the rain. Then while I am doing an service or maintenance. I clean while I am there.

·
Registered
240 Posts
As other have said, I think we just need to be gentle. I am OCD about my toys, keeping them clean and looking as new as possible. In my garage I have two bins with lids for my microfiber towels. One for clean towels and one for dirty towels. When I get out a clean towel I check it to make sure there is not any debris embedded in the towel. I typically don't wash my bikes with a hose and bucket unless I get caught in the rain. Then while I am doing an service or maintenance. I clean while I am there.
I love it!! Some more OCD than me :D

Maybe OC...double D!>:D

·
Registered
867 Posts
Yeah, I definitely have a problem. This is how I cleaned my ZX10R.

Crow I love it! I'm with you! Give me a few beers with the tunes playin and I'll rub her all night! Lol love the 10r brother hers a shot of mine.....

·
Registered
867 Posts
Few more

·
Registered
473 Posts
Deja vu! :eek:

·
Administrator
396 Posts
Uh, yeah, sure, do I get to ride it too? Because it might take me while. ;)
Of course, how else will you get around while I'n riding your loaner in that picture ;)

Reactions: SilverbirdH2
1 - 20 of 47 Posts