Ninja H2 banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

If you’ve ever wondered how long it takes for the Ninja H2 to top out, here’s a video of someone in Japan hitting 299km/h on the highway in about 27 seconds.

It’s cool to see him hit 299hm/h in 6th gear but is reaching maximum speed something superbike owners are more likely to do at least once on public roads than motorcyclists with a lower cc bike?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Yep, was me. yes it wheelies when launch control ends. you have to short shift because of it. have a flash now, so next year will be fun !

chris

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Cool vid Chris. We own THE beast. You have to spend $1.2 mill for a car (factory/stock) to even come close 0-180. Stage 2 and there's not a street car from any factory that will come close.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I'll have to put a GoPro on my bike next season and shoot some of my +200mph standing-mile runs on the Elvington runway.

This year's been experimental with so many rider aids on the bike but I've found that launch control is slower than Me and that KTRC also slows the bike down when it's on a wide open throttle in the higher gears.

·
Registered
52 Posts
yes bob, i found the same, but struggling with wheelie control, but getting better with that, just experience i guess. Have spare flashed ecu, plus taller gearing now, so next year should be fun. just looking at exhaust options, love the Austin racing, but waste of time with noise issues.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Bob said.."I've found that launch control is slower than Me and that KTRC also slows the bike down when it's on a wide open throttle in the higher gears".

I didn't know that about the KTRC at upper speeds.I'll be shutting mine off then...THANKS!

·
Registered
787 Posts
Bob said.."I've found that launch control is slower than Me and that KTRC also slows the bike down when it's on a wide open throttle in the higher gears".

I didn't know that about the KTRC at upper speeds.I'll be shutting mine off then...THANKS!
Don't be in too much of a hurry to turn off KRTC,,,,,trust me on this point !

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
LOL...I've ridden with it off several times...Since I got my PCV and customed mapping...the snatchiness is virtually gone.I'm careful anyway entering turns and hammering her on the way through and out.Take offs..I almost never just rip away from a stop.From what I've felt...the KTRC 1 setting doesn't seem to do anything to control ANYTHING at all with this bike.Would have been maybe more appropriate to have the 'wheely control' electrics on this bike...that went to the zx10R...but it's okay.Perhaps this setup(factory electrics) is causing me to be more aware while riding?Who knows?Sa'll good regardless.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts

Guys, I was talking about doing standing-mile runs. Not road riding.

I had done a couple of runs with it set to 2 and somebody who'd been on the start line behind me asked if the H2 clutch was slipping. I was sure it wasn't but they said they could hear something. Added to that were some odd marks on the contact patch of the rear tyre, like shallow cuts or lines running across the tread, right round the wheel and a couple of inches apart.

After some head scratching I turned off the traction control for the next run. The noise they could hear from the start line (I couldn't) went away and the tyre returned to an even graining, the normal look when it's been working hard. Also I gained a few mph. Lesson learned.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts