Ninja H2 banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. New in here and having a ninja h2 2018. After washing my bike, i notice that there are a lots of spots all over the fairing and the gas tank as well. It's only when i put some water on it but it looks like someone try to clean it or something like that with wrong stuff and it leave a lot of different colors on the bike.
Anyone know something about it or having similar ?
Pls help

·
Registered
833 Posts
Are you sure it’s not just dried water spots ? If there is old products like wax that’s causing your problem give it a gentle wash with a little washing up liquid in a clean bucket of warm water and try a fresh coat of wax after you have washed and dried it .

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply. As you can see, the spots are visible only when i wash it with cold water. Also there's a mark, like a small line, on the gas tank. I will try to clean it and wax again and see if it will solve it. Not sure who did this and how but it looks bad.

·
Registered
833 Posts
It does look like something nasty has damaged the lacquer, the self healing paint H2s have had issues but I’m assuming yours being a 2018 does not have self healing paint ?
maybe if it’s only the lacquer (clear coat ) damaged it could be "cut out " with compound but maybe ask a professional paint shop first .
Could always be worth contacting Kawasaki as a warranty claim too .

·
Registered
26 Posts
It does look like something nasty has damaged the lacquer, the self healing paint H2s have had issues but I’m assuming yours being a 2018 does not have self healing paint ?
maybe if it’s only the lacquer (clear coat ) damaged it could be "cut out " with compound but maybe ask a professional paint shop first .
Could always be worth contacting Kawasaki as a warranty claim too .
dude let a body/paint guy check her out

·
Registered
26 Posts
I will tomorrow. Hope to hear some good news about it.
if someone well versed and qualified agrees its an organic problem , then they can write something that i would imagine kawi would stand behind, i would think they would hold h2 owners in fairly high regard from business standpoint

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
if someone well versed and qualified agrees its an organic problem , then they can write something that i would imagine kawi would stand behind, i would think they would hold h2 owners in fairly high regard from business standpoint
You right, but the problem is that maybe it happend because the rider was behind a track with some bad stuff in the back, like some liquid poison or paint cleaner that spray the front of my bike with drops. The owener before me didn't see that at that time and the stuff just make a very ugly spots on the beautiful color of the bike. This is one theory that the paint guy told me could happend. After a polish and a nano cover, it looks much better but still got that ugly spots.

·
Registered
833 Posts
if it is under the clear coat it was obviously there from manufacture and would be a warranty claim from Kawasaki , if it’s a spillage that’s damaged the clear coat but not penetrated all the way through , it could be "cut " polished out .
which is it ?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
if it is under the clear coat it was obviously there from manufacture and would be a warranty claim from Kawasaki , if it’s a spillage that’s damaged the clear coat but not penetrated all the way through , it could be "cut " polished out .
which is it ?
it is under the clear coat. talk with others here in my country and find out that everyone here, who having the H2 with the mirror paint, are having the same colors problem, seems that it`s went wrong from the factory

1 - 11 of 11 Posts