Ninja H2 banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Visual confirmation of the battery's position under the seat, note the small storage space behind the speed stop. Adequate for a box of condoms or spare smokes...

Couple of questions come to mind:

1) Is that the ONLY battery, so small?
2) Does it have enough cold cranking amps, so small?

·
Banned
546 Posts

Visual confirmation of the battery's position under the seat, note the small storage space behind the speed stop. Adequate for a box of condoms or spare smokes...

Couple of questions come to mind:

1) Is that the ONLY battery, so small?
2) Does it have enough cold cranking amps, so small?
What is this publication and where can I get one?

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
I guess looking at this pic...it does appear this battery already IS smaller...I would prefer something other than a typical lead/acid battery...if this is what this is.It probably ISN'T a lead/acid battery...sitting on it's side there.(it is sitting on it's side,right?)I can't quite make out the part number on there...

·
Registered
350 Posts
(it is sitting on it's side,right?) I can't quite make out the part number on there...
Yes, the battery is tilted to fit.

According to one of garth285's posts, the battery is a YTZ10S.. a lead/acid.

It's the same battery as in my '09 R1 --> provides plenty of juice! ;)

Click on Amazon below:

http://www.amazon.com/Yuasa-YUAM7210A-YTZ10S-Battery/dp/B000WJYZFA/ref=au_as_r?ie=UTF8&Make=Yamaha%7C1210&Model=YZF-R1%7C20777&Year=2009%7C2009&n=15684181&newVehicle=1&s=automotive&vehicleId=1&vehicleType=motorcycle

12 Volt, 8.6 amp-hour, 190 cold cranking amps, high performance sealed maintenance-free battery
Totally sealed and spill-proof - all acid is absorbed in special plates and absorbed glass mat separators
Factory activated - filled, sealed and charged at the factory
Advanced lead-calcium technology hold its specific gravity more than 3 times longer than conventional batteries
No need to ever add water

·
Registered
55 Posts
I guess looking at this pic...it does appear this battery already IS smaller...I would prefer something other than a typical lead/acid battery...if this is what this is.It probably ISN'T a lead/acid battery...sitting on it's side there.(it is sitting on it's side,right?)I can't quite make out the part number on there...
Being from the States I think a Ballistic Performance EVO battery will fit very nicely into that spot (and shave a few ounces off this beast! Every little bit counts!)

·
Registered
587 Posts
I can fit my reg and insurance info in my 10r. So in other words the thickness of a sheet of paper and no I'm not kidding lol back in the 99 9r I could fit a bottle or 2 of soda, pack of cigarettes, my pager and a sweatshirt lol

·
Banned
546 Posts
I can fit my reg and insurance info in my 10r. So in other words the thickness of a sheet of paper and no I'm not kidding lol back in the 99 9r I could fit a bottle or 2 of soda, pack of cigarettes, my pager and a sweatshirt lol
Lol. I could fit a can of coke and the paperwork into the tail on my 04 10R but the first time I tried it the paper got sucked out the crack and the can had exploded. Never tried it again.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Glorious ;):D

·
Banned
546 Posts
Speaking of Powercommander, God I wish they'd go Mac. They say it's not economically viable but I'd much rather pay a premium to them for developing Mac software than have to buy a PC and Windoze just to upload a map. They'd save me at least a grand and 2 days of fiddling with install discs and drivers etc.

I was going to buy the new Powercommander and O2 auto tune kit to update the IIIR in my ZX12 - but once I did the math there was no way I could justify buying an entire new computer setup to make it work.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I was going to buy the new Powercommander and O2 auto tune kit to update the IIIR in my ZX12 - but once I did the math there was no way I could justify buying an entire new computer setup to make it work.
Why not just buy an inexpensive Windows capable tablet or low end laptop?

I did just to have a mobile PC to program for my other 3 supersports.

Also, cannot you emulate Windows on your Mac?

·
Registered
350 Posts
Maybe way back in that little space in the tail but more likely where the tool kit is. He doesn't need it
Actually, on the ZX-14 and ZX-14R, the Powercommander V is installed at the front on the left side beside the ram air tube.

I'm sure that Dynojet will provide its usual detailed Installation Instructions for the H2 as a pdf and hopefully video.

·
Banned
546 Posts
You can and I have but I've never had any luck attaching peripherals. There's always a driver failure, non-functioning com port, mysterious undiagnosable problem, indecipherable combination of settings you'll never get right or a missing dll file that you will never, ever find. You spend 3 or 4 days trying to figure out what's wrong, give up, try again a week later for a couple days because 'this has got to work. It can't be that hard', give up, try again a few weeks later again because it's nice out and you need a project - then after another round of life suck, you delete boot camp and windows to stop yourself trying to make it work ever again.

I hate Windows with a fire to burn a thousand suns. Combining Windows with Mac is like mixing cancer with AIDS.

·
Registered
55 Posts
You can and I have but I've never had any luck attaching peripherals. There's always a driver failure, non-functioning com port, mysterious undiagnosable problem, indecipherable combination of settings you'll never get right or a missing dll file that you will never, ever find. You spend 3 or 4 days trying to figure out what's wrong, give up, try again a week later for a couple days because 'this has got to work. It can't be that hard', give up, try again a few weeks later again because it's nice out and you need a project - then after another round of life suck, you delete boot camp and windows to stop yourself trying to make it work ever again.

I hate Windows with a fire to burn a thousand suns. Combining Windows with Mac is like mixing cancer with AIDS.
OK.. I gotta stop reading this forum, from my cell phone, at work... You all crack me up and I end up laughing at the most inappropriate times! Lol! Combining Windows with Mac OS isn't all that bad H2R! I've got a little Dell Mini 10v that I have tweaked, modded, and now "triple boots" Mac OS Lion, Windows 7, and Ubuntu Linux it runs all three so seamlessly that I often switch between them for the fun of it.

I've never been a fan of the PowerCommander lineup... I look forward to having a race ecu with Kawasaki software, or spending some time on the dyno and creating a few remaps with a Woolrich Racing Setup...

Reactions: Bazza

·
Registered
473 Posts
Why not just buy an inexpensive Windows capable tablet or low end laptop?

I did just to have a mobile PC to program for my other 3 supersports.

Or better yet jut purchase a used laptop, there's a ton of them out there for $100 +or-

·
Registered
539 Posts
Or better yet jut purchase a used laptop, there's a ton of them out there for $100 +or-
Yeah, just have to make sure it has a good processor and all... like an i3 at least. It'll likely be more than $100 but something that will be solid and good for a while to come.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts