Ninja H2 banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you had some idea that you would go down to your Kawasaki dealership and check out the Ninja H2 or H2R in person before you put down your deposit, think again. Kawasaki will not be sending any Ninja H2 or H2R bikes to dealers. Orders will be taken, and the bikes will be delivered to people. No preview for anyone.

That means it is a blind purchase. Does that bother you at all?

No Kawasaki Ninja H2 and H2R in Showrooms, Blind Shopping Only - autoevolution

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not worried about quality or anything, I would just like to see the product in person first. Guess I'll have to see if it shows up at a motorcycle show that is nearby.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
I'd like to see one as well...but that's cool....I know it's gonna be dazzling...and I'll be taking it home...rather than walking away and wishing;)It's most definitely WAY more exciting than the pics are showing.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Thats what the shows are for. Besides I thought we'd been over this in the limited production threads. We know every bike is built to order, no superfluous production...

·
Registered
539 Posts
The information available on the H2's are enough to have you like or dislike it and should be enough for you to come to a decision on whether to buy one or not.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I'm not a dealer but I would guess that dealers would demand a floor sample as that would create a big draw to bring pholks into the store. Most won't buy because of price but having an H2 may help sell ZX-10's.

It could be one heckuva door buster, I know I'd be down to the shop in a heartbeat!

·
Registered
168 Posts
You'd think that they might put them in dealerships that are in affluent areas in major city centers though. Manhattan, Chicago, LA, etc... Just a few where they have the most chance of getting some return.

·
Registered
278 Posts
One thing to note, even though they may not have the physical bike in dealers, they can at least have promotional material in dealers which will be just as good to get those with money for one of these to actually get one.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Can't believe I forgot that.

I actually had a situation where i came across a BMW S1000RR at a BMW dealer that was in a situation just like this, already called for and patiently waiting on it's owner. Before that, never really seen them in dealers.

It might help to let you local dealer to let you know when they get one

·
Registered
81 Posts
My H2 could possibly sit in the show room for a couple months till spring. He is roping it off to keep the drool off of it, and I have no problems if he even advertises that it is in his shop.

·
Registered
84 Posts
My H2 could possibly sit in the show room for a couple months till spring. He is roping it off to keep the drool off of it, and I have no problems if he even advertises that it is in his shop.
In exchange for you leaving your bike there for the dealership to use as advertising for some time, you deserve some payback in the form of some "goodies" of some sort.

After all you could take your bike home and wait till weather permits but you are doing them a big favor by leaving it with them, that's worth something in my book.

Not to worry you but things can happen to bikes when they sit in a showroom, at least take complete pics when the bike arrives so if scratches do occur you will have proof.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have mentioned in another post that the dealer and myself have known each other and been friends for about 35 years. I also promised him a test ride on my H2. I get treated very good in his shop.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
"I thought I saw a big semi-fixed scrape"...hmmm...yup...looks like it to me also...WHAT a BUMMER.Surprised they didn't edit that part...lousy fix job as well;)Doesn't appear to be the camera and the lights on there...someone's head has probably rolled over that=0

Gonna go and check mine out BEFORE it leaves the shop...hopefully the roads will be clear and I can just ride her home...believe me...I'll be checking her out with a fine tooth comb before leaving there.My 2012...someone somewhere smacked the cage it was crated in with I assume a forklift fork....bend the frame of the cage along the bottom side like they 'missed' getting the tine under the crate or something....the right side lower fairing had a big azz crack going along it and spidered out...totally broken.They replaced it within 3 days...but it WAS a letdown....

·
Registered
216 Posts
From what my bud at kawi has told me, is that the dealership has to purchase an H2 or H2R to get one in their showroom. Full payment for the bike first, to get delivery.

That's why I'm going to the show. It will be at the show, way before any dealer get's one.

·
Registered
278 Posts
With that being said, coming from the most reliable source, looks like it will be best to keep your eye out for high volume dealers as they should be the ones more likely to get one.

·
Registered
574 Posts
I think I heard that the bikes are on tour with the bike show that is going around the country this month and next. This is not an unusual way to sell bikes. Ducati has done this with their limited bikes for at least 10 years. Harley sells their CVOs this way. I bought the 100th anniversary screaming eagle road king just through the glossy photos online. Bitchin bike that I hope I never sell. The internet is part of the new reality.

Ed

Reactions: Nessuno
1 - 20 of 54 Posts