Ninja H2 banner
1 - 20 of 161 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
ok if it has more power compared to standar vs standar but who leaves an h2 with his miserable 200hp? I think 99% of us flashed the ecu and there if the motorcycle comes alive
I think that the h2 2019 was only limited by the kawasaki power and now they pack it and sell it with 31hp more. and really has no where to get them just releasing more electronic
What will happen when the ecu of a 2019 is flashed? suppose a 2018 with flash ecu, exhaust, air filter, delivery 265 hp a 2019 with the same modification will not get 295 hp! It will be the same as a 2018! let's be good? 5 hp more? maybe...
They say that I change the air filter and the air camera .. How? what data is there? Do you think that with that you got 31 hp more? of course not !
spark plugs .. perfect! They were the worst the ones that standard had! I just change them for a lot better ones!
the Brembos calipers? what does it have to do with the hp? but a good change I never liked the gummy brake of h2
what else do we have ... mmm to maybe the 30 hp plus get them from sun speedometer in color!
Well I leave this question ... where are they in h2 2019 what 31 hp more? Can you help me find them?

I leave some pictures of the spark plugs I use, the originals melted!
they changed them for something, the originals were the worst!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I think there are 2 factors in the HP increase. One is just de-restrict it a bit more and raise the redline, the second is the air filter. The H2 filter is stupidly small. So they probably increased the surface area or the material to allow it to breathe. The plugs are probably just a safety precaution, remember there is a warranty.

·
Registered
96 Posts
That’s a good question and I would have to agree with you. From the advertised modifications they did, it seems as though any older model with the same modifications would be in par or surpass what the 2019’s are supposed to come with out of the factory.

I’m willing to bet that all those little changes along with some ECU tweaks are the difference. I don’t know much about tuning but I’ve always been impressed by a simple flash and tune can do.

I guess once the 2019’s are finally delivered, one of us will be the first to confirm if Kawasaki lied about the stock power output and what the “standard” mods will produce.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Spark plug change 30000 miles ?? I melted them at 2500km!
Of course I was with the ecu flash, exhaust, air filter ... and punished it as if it were stolen! but I was not the only one that happened that and for something changed the spark plugs
the air filter I do not think it makes the difference in power, I also suspect that there is a tendency to civilize it more and distance it from the H2R that I would not be surprised if it was less powerful once you do a flash ecu.
What made me suspect that? just its beautiful and colorful board with its little rainbow colors ... the h2r continues to bring the rustic and effective of the previous year

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
"Of course I was with the ecu flash, exhaust, air filter ... and punished it as if it were stolen!"...I have the same...except for the punishment deal.I love my spaceship.Now if they could only come out with some long lasting tires...

·
Registered
587 Posts
I can pretty much guarantee its just removed the throttle blade restrictions that normally comes with the bike. I highly doubt it has anything to do with the motor itself.

Reactions: H2015 and zxrob

·
Registered
503 Posts
As we all know, prior to this years model they were restricted to around 200bhp, I think Kawasaki were sort of honoring the "gentlemen's agreement" regarding power, Ducati bring out the V4 with more power and big K things, fook it, have some of this;)

Rob

·
Registered
434 Posts
This is the easiest bike I personally have seen that has so much HP lying in wait inside the motor. Others may know of similar or better but for me it seems so easy to get more with only the usual mods - exhaust/filter/derestrict flash.

I think Rob is right, and Kawasaki have made something with the forethought of releasing more power from the same engine as other manufacturers respond.

Well my take on it anyway!

·
Registered
425 Posts
I can pretty much guarantee its just removed the throttle blade restrictions that normally comes with the bike. I highly doubt it has anything to do with the motor itself.

I looked up the h2 2019 at the Kawasaki parts warehouse

The only thing different is the ecu n dash board
And there is a new supercharger in the 2019 h2

Cams
Crankshaft
Pistons
Sc gears top and bottom

All same

·
Registered
425 Posts
Surprisingly enough the only things different on H2r motor wise is fuel pump and cams

Same supercharger as 2015-18 all h2
Same pistons n crankshaft
Same supercharger gears

·
Registered
28 Posts
I should recieve my 2019 Carbon very soon and will be installing Vandemon Exhaust with a dyno tune, I give my 2018 in exchange...

·
Registered
587 Posts
Surprisingly enough the only things different on H2r motor wise is fuel pump and cams

Same supercharger as 2015-18 all h2
Same pistons n crankshaft
Same supercharger gears
Different compression too

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
it is more than obvious that it does not have more power due to mechanical differences, they only released a little more with some adjustments in the ecu ...
but all that is useless when you put a exhaust and make a flash ecu .. basic things that any user of h2 has to

talking about another topic .. I got my intercooler! now if to arm the beast!
thanks TRAVIS YEAGER for this the intercooler is excellent!

Attachments

·
Registered
443 Posts
Each year they will tweak the ECU, change a few cosmetic things, add some gizmos, change the design of parts that are now becoming to KHI's attention. When they run out of ideas and need major tooling or the sales drop off out of the hat will be completely new model which knowing them is already in development.

Look at the ZX10 (ZZR1100), C1, C2, C3, D1, D2 etc then once that model had every dollar squeezed out of it they increased the engine size and made changes, new model. The average guy would't know what year yours is. You can follow the power increases over the coming years with your own until it's discontinued. I would't flash past 240bhp as it will no longer be a joy to ride. This hp will probably be the trigger point where KHI will introduce a new model as there isn't anything else to offer.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Like I said before
New supercharger

2015-2018 h2 & H2r have same supercharger

That coupled with new different ecu probably do the trick
Since (meter aside) nothing else has changed mechanically (power) speaking

Part numbers don’t lie

·
Registered
425 Posts
Also the throttle assembly is different on the 2019 h2

2015-2018 h2 & h2r same throttle assembly

So 2019 new :
Ecu
Supercharger
Throttle assembly
Air filter+Air filter assembly
Connecting rods

I think these are the cause of the new 31hp

Extras new stuff is:
Meter
Front calipers+Front master cylinder

·
Registered
625 Posts
Exhaust is different too. So is the intake plenum. The screens that were originally on the 15-17 velocity stacks have been removed. Head is different, but looks to only be a revision as that is now the part number showing for the 15-18 models as well superseding the previous two part numbers. There is actually quite a bit that has changed, be it possibly related to power increases or not, look at the rear axle set up for example. Also a few things have been removed from the 15-18 bikes that are no longer on the 2019 model.

Example (Exhaust):

View attachment 24917

I went through each and every parts fiche yesterday part number by part number highlighting the differences, changes and removals between the 15-18 bikes and the 19 bike. But everyone is so certain it's all in the ECU (despite NO ONE being able to see inside the ECU yet let alone have a bike in their garage). So since people know everything about the bike already I took down my list since it is no use to them. Guess we'll see when my bike arrives in a few weeks.

Took down a list? I didn’t see a list ?
Completely agree there are many changes, you can see the exhaust in this image:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 161 Posts