Ninja H2 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read a complaint on this forum about the bouncing headlight making the rider think the police were trying to stop them with a flashing blue light as it reflected in road signs . To be honest I dismissed it as an exaggeration but after my ride out tonight I totally get it !
Kawasaki obviously ran out of suitable rubber to hold the headlight and it appears that they used worn out knicker elastic " panty elastic " for my American friends to try and hold the LED bulb from bouncing around like a child on a sugar rush .
Maybe it's Kawasaki's attempt to help owners hold on to their driving licences for longer than a week .

·
Registered
88 Posts
I would have to agree about the color of the headlight. I ride a lot at night. It is cooler at night and it is hot as heck in Texas right now. For me, the reflection of the blue tinted light off of the street signs etc., has made me check my mirrors for police more than a few times. I have not noticed that the bouncing of the light was a big problem or distraction. I figure that the stiff suspension has more to do with it than the headlight mounting.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
An LED projector headlight is much more focused. Look on the ground 5 feet ahead of your bike at night & you will see how clearly defined the light beam is. No other bike has this without LED. On the H2 directly in front of the bike you will see a clearly defined U shape. Other less bright headlights defuse light so there isn't a defined light beam. Take an LED flashlight and shake it from side to side, you have the same effect. Take a regular bulb flashlight, it doesn't happen. I've gotten used to this because of the LEDs on my cars. One of my cars has Leds that actually pick up on the direction of the steering and turns the headlights in that direction. As for the color 5-7000 kelvin is "daylight" aka cool white, it's blue, white in color that's the brightest led tech say vs. soft white which is kinda yellow. Funny because when I changed out regular soft white incandescent bulbs in all the bedrooms to 5k dimmible LED my kids complained for a few days but then they grew to like it & asked for LEDs in the bathroom. All of my exterior security lighting is 5k LED as well. But that's why it looks like it's bouncing around, the beam doesn't go from being bright in the center (like older lighting tech on bikes) to very gradually diffusing till there's no light, the LED on the H2 is very focused & bright, probably 5000-7000k (on the Color spectrum to give the brightest light possible) so when the bike moves about you can actually see the edges of where the headlight beam ends. LEDs last a looooong time, they don't get hot like previous tech, they're smaller & lighter plus use less electricity. They're also great for the rider to see where he's going & great for drivers of cars to see the bike. I know I can see signs much further away w/ the H2 than any other bike I've owned, lighting from focused LED headlights travel further. My cous on his S1000RR also knows when I'm about to blow by him because everything in front of his bike, signs, etc start to LIGHT UP!
Cars have had the LED tech for a while it's great to see it on bikes where it's needed even more.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I read a complaint on this forum about the bouncing headlight making the rider think the police were trying to stop them with a flashing blue light as it reflected in road signs . To be honest I dismissed it as an exaggeration but after my ride out tonight I totally get it !
Kawasaki obviously ran out of suitable rubber to hold the headlight and it appears that they used worn out knicker elastic " panty elastic " for my American friends to try and hold the LED bulb from bouncing around like a child on a sugar rush .
Maybe it's Kawasaki's attempt to help owners hold on to their driving licences for longer than a week .
Yeah, it was me and I was eviscerated for it. Thanks everybody.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Kneel before H2Rdworking

Yeah, it was me and I was eviscerated for it. Thanks everybody.
He who laughs last laughs the longest .

Yep I hang my head in shame for ever doubting you . You can't see my typing this out but I'm giving you my sad ,lost and hungry kitten face and ask you for forgiveness , that's untill I ignore the flashing blue lights one day and get nicked for speeding !

·
Registered
539 Posts
Car makers are going LED and if there's one market that has it well covered with key information you need to know, that is also a great place to start and even to see what future developments for bikes could be.

·
Registered
89 Posts
He who laughs last laughs the longest .

Yep I hang my head in shame for ever doubting you . You can't see my typing this out but I'm giving you my sad ,lost and hungry kitten face and ask you for forgiveness , that's untill I ignore the flashing blue lights one day and get nicked for speeding !
:)

Thanks, that made my day!

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Remember...your Ninja is 2 miles an hour 'fast' on the speedo...if that helps.

Take some compression damping out.That might help with the berserko headlamp.I kinda like how she flashes.Almost a 'pay attention' deal.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts