Ninja H2 banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody, I have been riding Ninjas for over 20 years...sold my ZX14R over a year ago and picked up 2015 H2 a few weeks ago...
I love the bike and planning to do some work with it over the cold winter in Chicago...
I would like to get your input on the exhaust for the H2. I was talking to the service department and they feel the porting and the stock exhaust header are great and it would be a waste to get rid of them and a slip-on exhaust with a Brock mapped power commander would provide a good increase in power and performance... What have you guys experienced that gave the most increased performance, full system, slip-on?? Any other suggestions??
Appreciate your help!!

·
Registered
277 Posts
Welcome! I'm over in Fort Wayne so not super local but nearish.

I agree, the H2 has huge headers already so there wouldn't be a significant difference between decatting the bike and getting a full system. The route I did was find a slip on I liked (Akra R1 exhaust) and then had a custom link pipe/decat made:

·
Registered
393 Posts
Welcome to the forum and lovely bike. Enjoy

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Congratulations on the 2015, think it's the best looking H2, the paint, green frame, green decals, plus has the stronger clutch.

IMO get rid of the whole oem exhaust. The cat is ugly, heavy, robs power & sound...

For "most increased performance" Stage II package from Brocks is the way to go, w/ a discount for buying the package together: Power Commander V, Stage II ECU reflash & full exhaust. W/ the exhaust purchase you'll get map support as well. Also go w/ a DNA filter, there's a slight bump in rwhp (approx 7-9) but I've run w/ both the stock filter & the DNA & found the bike runs slightly better w/ Stage II w/ the less restrictive filter. I didn't want a welded in mid pipe so waited last year for Brocks full system plus his R&D, Dyno work w/ stage II ecu, map was developed for that specific exhaust.

The bike definitely looks way more aggressive too when you remove the cat & the oem muffler hanger, w/ slip ons it doesn't look nearly as good, you even see slightly more of the oem cat & also the ugly pipe that goes from the cat to the slip on when you remove the oem muffler heat shields & the upwards angle of most slip ons is not ideal. Where the full exhausts muffler is placed it shows much more of the rear wheel & has the cleanest muffler mounting solution. Slash cut muffler or Alien Head 2 is just a matter of preference.

I love the power the bike is producing now, it's really addicting plus makes riding w/ my buds that much more fun. A lot of times it's even comical to see & hear people's reactions after you run against someone who's been so used to beating everyone.... With Stage II you'll have a bike that walks away from any other bolt on bike but honestly the sound alone w/ the full exhaust vs. one w/ the cat & slip on is well worth the added cost, if you're modding it might as well just skip Stage I w/ a slip on & create the beast that Kawi would have if not for government restrictions.

I was running my H2 at a closed down 1.5 mile runway last weekend. When I returned from my first run guys that were there w/ other bikes were coming up to me, one guy said "I've been a bike mechanic for a long time & have NEVER heard a street bike that sounded as evil as that H2". A few guys were saying that w/ each gear change they actually felt a thump in their chest. Saw a few of the guys again yesterday & they were still going on & on about it, how sick the bike sounds.

·
Registered
765 Posts
The bike does sound amazing, even with just akra slip on, I can imagine without that cat it will sound even better

1 - 12 of 12 Posts