Ninja H2 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys

What you got planned for your bikes in the coming year

For the H2, just gonna add some more carbon bits, not doing anymore performance wise, a refash and filter is my lot

Will be adding bits to my other bikes, aftermarket shock for the sp1 and possibly some light weight wheels for the track fireblade

I recently got a 05 zx6 to play about with too, undecided weather it will just road or track

Rob

·
Registered
835 Posts
My H2 in in the dealership getting some bubbling paint repainted due to leaking clutch fluid but while it's there I've ordered the 2016 clutch kit and the ergo fit handlebars so I'm really looking forward to trying it out properly next spring . The heavy clutch after half an hour in traffic killed my hand , my neck suffered rather than my wrists due to the lower bars, I'm hoping the 20mm higher bars will help .

My Honda Rune has completely lost its rear brake due to chronic lack of use so that's also on the "to do " list . Since 2015 the joy of owning the H2 has curbed my need for anything new or faster .

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
"hoping the 20mm higher bars will help"...if they're like mine...only the angle is raised.Not the whole handlebar.You might do a small workout maybe every other day with shoulder shrugs.3-4 sets of 10 with around 10 lbs each side.Kinda pull up,and round backwards and down.I think that'll help those muscles right there.

·
Registered
835 Posts
"hoping the 20mm higher bars will help"...if they're like mine...only the angle is raised.Not the whole handlebar.You might do a small workout maybe every other day with shoulder shrugs.3-4 sets of 10 with around 10 lbs each side.Kinda pull up,and round backwards and down.I think that'll help those muscles right there.
Yes, I read the other posts before I brought them , 20mm higher at the handlebar ends so I would guess only around 12-14 mm on the grips with a better angle . I'm relatively fit as I do a non office job and walk my dog around a mile every night but riding the H2 still gets to me as the ergonomics of it have you looking at the top of the petrol tank forcing you to "look up " to look forward.
I ride a motorcycle every day Summer and Winter as I don't drive ( not many of us left as I'm seriously old school ) so im never "rusty" so maybe ill give your suggestion a try if the chopper bars fail .

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Is it March yet??
Me, I just want the thing in my hands.
When I do get it the first thing is going to be a flashing kit and get the restrictions out of there.
Then hopefully the bike is powerful enough at this altitude to hopelessly wheelie. If so I think I want to go up a tooth on the front sprocket. And hope it still wants to go to the moon.
As far as comfort is concerned. I have a bad back from too many horizontal trips to the hospital from the race track. The worst was a 4x4 fence at the Orland 1/2 mile, they told me they pulled me out of a tree. Anyways When my back hurts I take the zx10 out, it relieves the pressure on my back, my upper body strength is pretty high so the pressure on my arms is really no big deal, moving from side to side helps as well. And I am thinking the H2 is probably a bit less radical than the ZX10. And when I take out the 10 I seldom go less than 200 miles. I like a slightly heavier bike, I enjoy a wrestling match.
All that being said, I wouldn't mind trying the comfort bars.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Is it March yet??
Me, I just want the thing in my hands.
When I do get it the first thing is going to be a flashing kit and get the restrictions out of there.
Then hopefully the bike is powerful enough at this altitude to hopelessly wheelie. If so I think I want to go up a tooth on the front sprocket. And hope it still wants to go to the moon.
As far as comfort is concerned. I have a bad back from too many horizontal trips to the hospital from the race track. The worst was a 4x4 fence at the Orland 1/2 mile, they told me they pulled me out of a tree. Anyways When my back hurts I take the zx10 out, it relieves the pressure on my back, my upper body strength is pretty high so the pressure on my arms is really no big deal, moving from side to side helps as well. And I am thinking the H2 is probably a bit less radical than the ZX10. And when I take out the 10 I seldom go less than 200 miles. I like a slightly heavier bike, I enjoy a wrestling match.
All that being said, I wouldn't mind trying the comfort bars.
Flash it by all means but I would be interested in your impression of it beforehand , you could then do a comparison with the zx10 and you will also know how much faster it feels after you have flashed it .
It's not slow standard so a few miles first can only be a good thing , no ?

Sorry but No , not yet regarding your March question .

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Flash it by all means but I would be interested in your impression of it beforehand , you could then do a comparison with the zx10 and you will also know how much faster it feels after you have flashed it .
It's not slow standard so a few miles first can only be a good thing , no ?

Sorry but No , not yet regarding your March question .
Supercharged,
For sure I will be breaking it in unmolested. Once broken in I will make my comparisons on how much faster it is and the difference in handling. Then the flash and more comparisons. I am a firm believer in a gentle break in allowing the parts to gently wear into each other. I was a motorcycle mechanic for many years and have see the effects of "ride it like you stole it" break ins. They weren't pretty. Spun bearings were the most common.

·
Super Moderator
699 Posts
At the upcoming Toronto motorcycle show, I'm going to have a chat with any suspension folks who happen to be there. For the back roads around here, which are rough and choppy, I'm still of the opinion that this bike has too much high-speed compression damping and possibly too much high-speed rebound damping, and that stuff is only fixable by changing shims in the shim stack. I've backed out all the adjustment clickers ... now low-speed damping feels too soft and it's still too harsh on choppy pavement.

My '04 ZX10R with almost 100,000 km on it rides better and has better motion control. That generation of ZX10R might not have been the best race bike but mine is a backroads sweetheart, which is why I've just finished going through the engine and rebuilt it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts