Ninja H2 banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I occasionally search by date to see if any interesting new H2-related videos have popped up (not including 650ib who has a new one up every saturday). That have.

Turn the subs on for this one. It's great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbw3Siw6GsA

Whoever this guy is, you rock dude.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJMzyt3N4us

See, this is why we get beat at everything in the US, we're too safety conscious. Thailand on the other hand, has the spirit of the mighty Honey Badger…..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zt5AjlxqsTc

If you find any new stuff that's particularly interesting, please post 'em! I'm begging you not to post any of the video game ones though. :) Apparently GTA and Drive Club have an H2 pack and now half the new H2/R videos coming up are from video games. Even worse, people are editing them to horrid music and putting logos on like they're a legitimate production company.

·
Banned
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Excellent videos, thanks for posting!!!
No, thank YOU for posting. If it weren't for your videos I wouldn't have bought the H2. Start of last year I was irate at Kawasaki (for many valid reasons we need not go into), banned from this forum and had gotten a refund of my deposit on the H2. Months passed and I hadn't lost a wink of sleep. The bike got released and the critics all started chiming in. I was 100% confident I'd made the right call.

Then I found your channel. Watched your unboxing video and was immediately overcome by a tidal wave of regret. Kawasaki's entire PR department with months of hype and bottomless budget couldn't do what your honest reaction accomplished in 30 seconds. Made a few calls that day and was picking up a bike the next.

If it weren't for you man I never would've bought an H2 much less the H2R. You're easily the best ad man Kawi ever had. You took a 20 year customer that was going scorched earth on their entire company and turned me around in 19 minutes. Kawasaki owes you as much a debt of gratitude as I do. I can't imagine having missed out on this brilliant piece of hardware.

Sincerely man, thank you.

·
Banned
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Yup, thx 650ib for the great vids.

And my own little silly vid: https://youtu.be/l-yRsMa0eqg
And no, I didn't use the quickshifter (yet) ;)
That road is crazy. I love it!

I noticed you using the clutch to shift at low speed - you don't need the QS on to clutch-less upshift. At any speed just blip the throttle and put a little upward pressure on the shifter and it'll snick right into gear. Downshifts require a little more practice but not much, same technique, works best anywhere over 5K RPM. Although, the H2 may not be the bike to practice on… (Apologies if you already knew that).

·
Registered
122 Posts
No, thank YOU for posting. If it weren't for your videos I wouldn't have bought the H2.

Wow! I'm speechless and you guys know that's rare! Thanks so much for your kind words Cliff and I'm glad I helped you make your awesome purchases!!!!!! Your H2R is beautiful! Where do you live? I'd love to meet you and see your H2R in person, I haven't seen one outside of the motorcycle shows yet.

·
Registered
90 Posts
That road is crazy. I love it!

I noticed you using the clutch to shift at low speed - you don't need the QS on to clutch-less upshift. At any speed just blip the throttle and put a little upward pressure on the shifter and it'll snick right into gear. Downshifts require a little more practice but not much, same technique, works best anywhere over 5K RPM. Although, the H2 may not be the bike to practice on… (Apologies if you already knew that).
Thx, didn't know that. Gonna give it a try in Spring...

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
"Wow! I'm speechless and you guys know that's rare!"...:D

BTW 650...did you actually order a 2016?Now you're gonna have to do a makeover on that one.Just for a clutch 'mod'?(okay...and the supercharger dealy...whatever that is).Maybe I'm very wrong here,but I just can't see these 'updates' for the 2016 outshining the performance of our beloved 15's.

·
Banned
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wow! I'm speechless and you guys know that's rare! Thanks so much for your kind words Cliff and I'm glad I helped you make your awesome purchases!!!!!! Your H2R is beautiful! Where do you live? I'd love to meet you and see your H2R in person, I haven't seen one outside of the motorcycle shows yet.
Well this should make it easy; I'm in Columbus.

Just got a license plate for the H2R on Friday (another of Satoaki Ichi's awesome H2R Easter eggs btw). DOT tires should be here tomorrow. Gonna run my rims up to Gregg Rector and have them put on asap. Saw how those guys treated your bike and figured the drive is worth it not to have my wheels mucked up.

Happy to let you check it out next time we're in the same area code!

·
Registered
122 Posts
"Wow! I'm speechless and you guys know that's rare!"...:D

BTW 650...did you actually order a 2016?Now you're gonna have to do a makeover on that one.Just for a clutch 'mod'?(okay...and the supercharger dealy...whatever that is).Maybe I'm very wrong here,but I just can't see these 'updates' for the 2016 outshining the performance of our beloved 15's.

Yes, I ordered a 2016 for a few reasons. My buddy Uncle Ben expressed an interest in my 2015 and I was able to sell it to him at a discount because I received a discount on the 2016. I formed a business relationship with Brock's Performance and wanted to use my 2016 as a 'clean slate' for Brock's to install their stuff to make the bike faster and beautiful. I prefer the silver frame and metallic specs in the 2016 paint.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Well this should make it easy; I'm in Columbus.

Just got a license plate for the H2R on Friday (another of Satoaki Ichi's awesome H2R Easter eggs btw). DOT tires should be here tomorrow. Gonna run my rims up to Gregg Rector and have them put on asap. Saw how those guys treated your bike and figured the drive is worth it not to have my wheels mucked up.

Happy to let you check it out next time we're in the same area code!

That's so awesome Cliff! If you could please let me know when you're going to Kennedy's, I'd love to meet you there. I was there last Saturday making an update video for our track riding friend 'Maria' and I rode my R1M with the auto blipper for the 1st time, it was GREAT! Can you email me?
[email protected]

·
Registered
587 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts