Ninja H2 banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
Great forum which has been very helpful in my decision to purchase a ninja h2.
I am currently looking to purchase a second hand h2 and as you can imagine there isnt many about . I missed out on one that was in CMC and have now seen another 16 modle in J&L motorcycles in Carlisle has anyone had any dealings with this dealer ? Also the bike in question has 4956 miles and full service history but it was owned by kawasaki uk and used for trade shows and demonstrations he is asking for £18995 for the bike . What are people's thoughts on the price and the fact it was a demo bike ? Thanks in advance .

·
Registered
577 Posts
Hi everyone,
Great forum which has been very helpful in my decision to purchase a ninja h2.
I am currently looking to purchase a second hand h2 and as you can imagine there isnt many about . I missed out on one that was in CMC and have now seen another 16 modle in J&L motorcycles in Carlisle has anyone had any dealings with this dealer ? Also the bike in question has 4956 miles and full service history but it was owned by kawasaki uk and used for trade shows and demonstrations he is asking for £18995 for the bike . What are people's thoughts on the price and the fact it was a demo bike ? Thanks in advance .
Can't comment on the dealer but as an ex Kawasaki UK demo bike it's likely it may have had a slightly harder than average life (think journalists track and speed testing it as well as Joe Public riding it not so hard at selected open days) but it will have been thoroughly checked over and serviced after each event or magazine returned the bike. Price sounds pretty good compared to the price of a new one.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks mate some very good points and as you say if it has full service history and has been maintained by Kawasaki i imagine it should be mechanically sound. I am travelling down this week to have a look at the bike all going well i will be the proud new owner of an h2 .

·
Registered
625 Posts

Unsure how many demonstrators Kawasaki UK had out but If it’s the bike I had (in image) for half a day it was very clean, reg number RO16 SYU.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I agree with Pebble"s comments about it's history as a Kawasaki fleet bike. Quite probably it wasn't run-in by the book (I'm just guessing) but that isn't necessarily a bad thing. The other thing to consider is that since it's probably been ridden by quite a lot of riders, I know from experience with cars, this can be hard on transmissions and clutches. However it will have been serviced rigorously.

Second hand bike's can only be judged on condition, you will need to make the usual checks under the bodywork for any signs of crash damage. If the dealer is offering more than the statutory minimum after-purchase warranty and the price is right it may be a good buy. Remember that under the UK Consumer Rights Act 2015 you have a short-term right to reject.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi mate, the bike i am looking at has the registration plate RO16 SYT near identical so could be ex demonstration right enough.

It comes with the remainder of the manufacturers warranty which i am going to extend for the extra two years plus dealer said they will give it a full service before sale . I will definitely give it a good once over make sure all is as it should be .Thanks again for all the info guys.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Have you seen the 2015 H2 on eBay for £18,000 or offers ?
It's done a thousand miles less than the 2016 model . In my opinion although the 2016 has improvements over the original 2015 I believe in the future the first year model will hold a premium over later models . History has repeatedly shown this to be the case . This is only really relevant if you intend to hold onto it for a number of years, just something to consider.

Don't be put off by the worlds most tasteless tank pad !

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah i did see that one on ebay. That tank pad is an absolute cracker ! It is a nice bike and i do like the 2015s but i was looking for a standard bike with no mods to be honest .

·
Registered
835 Posts
Yeah i did see that one on ebay. That tank pad is an absolute cracker ! It is a nice bike and i do like the 2015s but i was looking for a standard bike with no mods to be honest .
If interested I would always ask the seller if he has all the standard parts with it . It could then be put back to standard and the non standard parts sold .

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Very true mate and if i was intrested i would ask the question, but i would prefer to buy from a dealer and have some of the manufacturers warranty on the bike .

·
Registered
502 Posts
Hello and welcome from a fellow Uk owner

I wouldn't be worried about an ex-demo, it may well be the one I thrashed for a couple of hours:D

The 2016 colour scheme is the best, simples, gone has that shittttty sparkly gay green fame

I will however agree with that shandy drinking southerner Supercharged;), long term, sparkly green will be the one the one for the future

Rob

1 - 12 of 12 Posts