Ninja H2 banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone just managed to get my new 2019 model H2 just before everything was completely locked down this week. Also have a gsxr1000r track bike and wanted something special for on the road. My bike is standard other than the akrapovic slip on the dealers added as part of the deal. Will be looking to add a few bits and see what everyone else has done to their bikes. Gonna start with a tail tidy, thats if the 2019 one is the same as the 2015-2018 bikes as its not listed as for the 2019 bike on the R&G website, and I also need to add a tank protector and maybe some other protection so let me know what you have all used so far. Thanks

Registered
Also congratulations on you purchase!

Have you checked out EvoTech Tail Tidy? I have one. They have a few good parts for the H2.

Maybe a radiator guard too?

Got deep pockets?!!

Don.

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
Ahh yea forgot about evotech ill have a look at what they've got now. Cheers

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
Also congratulations on you purchase!

Have you checked out EvoTech Tail Tidy? I have one. They have a few good parts for the H2.

Maybe a radiator guard too?

Got deep pockets?!!

Don.
Not really deep pockets I was honestly shocked that the payments were less on this bike than an entry level panigale v4!

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

Registered
Broggy, I too bought the Evotech tail tidy which costs a little more than the R&G but I think it's a better product.

For a tank protector I ordered a ZZR1400 tank pad from my Kawasaki dealer and fitted that. It's plain black, understated but the H2 doesn't need any more graphics. See the thumbnails.

I also had the ECU reflashed and fitted the Akra' race system. I sent the ECU off to Brock mainly because back then in 2015 nobody else had the expertise and he uses Don Guhl who is THE man. If you need to get at your bike's ECU, it lives in the front fairing on the right-hand side by the top of the fork leg, the 6mm bolts that keep it's cage together are tamper-proof on our European bikes, a real pain to remove without the correct tool. You cannot even unplug it without removing them. I replaced them with regular hex-headed.

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
Think that's the tank protector I want. I cant find it on the kawasaki website for any bike it ill get the dealers to try and get me one when they are open again. Im sure I had the same one on my zx10r too. Yea I think ill be getting mine flashed at some point, its looks like there's a lot of extra power to be unlocked from it. Ill probably take it to Junction 33 developments for a Woolich flash once its got some miles on. Cheers

Registered
That picture was taken by pro' photographer Steve Macdonald. It was Elvington in 2018 setting a UK class record for the mile of 221.414mph.

I was going to say to the O/P that if he's looking for more power the H2 also needs gearing up. Mine's up to 19/42 now for LSR and it still can't take 100% throttle below fifth gear without picking up the front wheel. The 18/44 with a 13,000rpm limit on the original bike was far too low but Kawasaki did this on purpose to make it a beast and give maximum performance up to the speed limiter. The early bike didn't have an IMU either.

Registered
"Mine's up to 19/42"..I think I've got that same setup on mine.I know the front's a 19.Did that to squeeze a bit more mileage outta the Silverbird.Avg mpg now about 45.I know I can do around 110 miles on about 2 gals.Not so bad for a firebreathin' dragon;)

Less than 2 gallons actually.

Registered
Discussion Starter #14
I've never had a bike where they have needed the standard gearing made longer before!!! I think im gonna try and get the akra headers to match the can and filter then get it mapped. I just like to get all these silly emissions restrictions off my bikes and run them to their potential rather than being held back. Cant wait to get a few more miles on. Its mostly just for Sunday rideouts on the road so interested to see how it feels on some of the more twisty roads too as well as the straight line performance

Registered
Broggy, the Akrapovic headers are a bigger diameter than the stock system. The Akra' muffler supplied to go onto the Kawaski headers and catalytic converter is too small, it won't fit. When I bought the race system it came with another muffler of the correct diameter. You may possibly find someone who can make a converter.

The race system does have a boss which accepts the lambda sensor and obviously no cat. The full Akra' system will only get you a handful of bhp but the best things about it are that it's titanium and much lighter weight than the steel Kawasaki one and no ugly catalytic converter box. Look at those colours on the thumbnail of my bike.

Registered
Discussion Starter #16
So does this one fit with my slip on but then it won't have the same diameter mid pipe as yours?

Registered
So does this one fit with my slip on but then it won't have the same diameter mid pipe as yours?

I can't answer that, sorry. When I ordered the race system for my bike from Kawasaki UK it came with another muffler. It looked the same as the free one we were all given in 2015 but was bigger bore.

You might find out by looking at the part number for the "slip on kit" in that photo you posted and compare it with the part number for the muffler they supply to fit the stock system. Maybe ask your dealer, if they don't know their parts man ought to be able to find out for you. Most of these things are in their microfiche or online parts diagrams.

Alternatively someone on the forum may know?

Registered
Discussion Starter #19
Check out a TT3 full system as well.
I seen a few videos of them and I looked for the website and the Facebook page but there hasn't been much activity since 2018. Have they maybe stopped making them?

Registered
This is an email link to the owner of the [email protected]

It is difficult to track down a website, seems to work mainly off facebook.

Type in TT3 exhaust on this site and look for posts etc.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts