Ninja H2 banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I ordered one last night after receiving an email that it was available. Looking at the installation instructions on page 17 & 18 - I like the way it mounts to the tail, looks clean.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Looks great. Do you find that this one is better than other options out there?

Be sure to post some pictures once you get it installed on your own bike. Would be happy to see some real world pics.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
^
I only know of one other option besides the above. To me this one looks more OEM'ish.... I expedited shipping on it but I'm in N.Y. & its coming from the U.K. If someone hasn't already posted pics w it installed, I will when it's done. Cheers!

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I would think US plates would fit, probably the reason for the sliding holes to allow for different sizes but sent an email to Evotech asking about it. I'll let you know what they say.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I heard back from Evotech Performance. They send free license plate adapters w/ the kit.
At their tail tidy page if you search for Kawasaki Ninja 10r 2015, there's pic of what is probably the adapter pieces for the U.S. version attached to a slightly different version of their kit. Looks like it will work great. Pic below. Mine is shipping today.

Attachments

·
Registered
97 Posts
I heard back from Evotech Performance. They send free license plate adapters w/ the kit.
At their tail tidy page if you search for Kawasaki Ninja 10r 2015, there's pic of what is probably the adapter pieces for the U.S. version attached to a slightly different version of their kit. Looks like it will work great. Pic below. Mine is shipping today.

Thank you for the update. Please provide a picture when you have it installed.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Shipping today? That should mean that it is there in no time. I'll look forward to seeing the results. Be sure to come back and let us know.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Shipping today? That should mean that it is there in no time. I'll look forward to seeing the results. Be sure to come back and let us know.
It's shipped today from the UK/I sent extra £ for expedited shipping. I'm picking up the bike Saturday in West Virginia riding it back to New York. I just booked first service/oil change appt. for Monday. Will bring the bike back to the local dealer when the tail kit arrives probably late next week. I will.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Ok so I installed mine today. It took quite a while, like ChrisH2 said: definitely not a quick job.

Overall the final result is pretty good, the metal machined pieces are quite nice, with a nice durable finish. However, the adapter for the US plates doesn't fit very well. The plate ends up about 1/4 - 1/2 inch lower than I'd like, and the adapters stick out a little.

The install guide suggests to cram the bullet connectors on the indicator side inside the indicators. This is almost not possible, since when the bullet connectors are mated, they are just too long. I was able to get them in there by physically bending the rigid connectors.

Also, my kit was missing a bunch of stuff that should have been in there: Most of the female bullet connectors, a few of the male ones, one of the counter-sunk screws and both extension wires. Luckily I have plenty of extra wire and bullet connectors at home, but I did have to make a Home Depot run to find some replacement screws (had to buy two since they didn't have the exact same). Not too big a deal, but still kind of sloppy.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts