Ninja H2 banner

1 - 20 of 245 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Brock is that wheelslip up top where the trace gets a little rough and the power drops away, looks like you were heading for 320hp :)

·
Registered
428 Posts
Brock is that wheelslip up top where the trace gets a little rough and the power drops away, looks like you were heading for 320hp :)
OzBooster,

That's a couple of things - one is certainly a tuning issue because Rickey's bike is on E85 and we maxed out the fuel pump. We believe there are some other items to address, but until the pump issue is resolved anything else is simple speculation. Or, until we have the same parts in our grubby hands to test... which we do not yet.

To be clear: RG rolled up to Brock's on Friday night of the Ohio mile in need of some tuning help and I stayed late to oblige. We made 5 runs total. IMO, E85 is a race-only set-up. PERFECT, since RG is a SERIOUS racer. Brock's does not offer E85 tunes, and we have no plans to start - simply for these types of reasons.

We plan to offer what we always do, reliable, proven set-ups for people who ride their bikes. The race guys can do what race guys do, lol.

Brock

·
Registered
663 Posts
5 runs to go from a gasoline map to that is impressive i cant wait to see some numbers from a finished setup

Ign coping with std plug gap or do you think it need more power too ?

·
Registered
39 Posts
So is all of this gain coming from using E85 instead of Pump gas? Or is it like gains from MR12 of say 10 ish HP above Pump gas?

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
587 Posts
The power increase is UNREAL! I mean at 11krpm you have a gain of 54whp......:O and look at that tq increase too. That bike would be an absolute savage.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Not to take away from the thunder, but Rickey had some problems at Ohio and barely got over 200 this weekend. So even the pros have some problems with this bike. Rickey said he was having a wheelie problem going into 5th gear (150 mph+), so it is not as easy as it looks. This makes Brock's results at Mohave and last year at Ohio, look that much more impressive!

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not to take away from the thunder, but Rickey had some problems at Ohio and barely got over 200 this weekend. So even the pros have some problems with this bike. Rickey said he was having a wheelie problem going into 5th gear (150 mph+), so it is not as easy as it looks. This makes Brock's results at Mohave and last year at Ohio, look that much more impressive!
The Problems related to the tuning, maxing out the fuel pump on E85, Brock doesn't have plans to offer E85 tunes & I wouldn't be interested in that.

But agree, not so easy.

·
Registered
428 Posts
More clarity guys - this is Don's ECU tune with Rickey's new parts. It was on E85 the entire time. The bike had our Slash-cut exhaust, DNA filter and BST's.

We plan to offer the RG62 upgrade as part of our Stage 3 packages (on pump fuel), as well as our own tune (via PCV) in the future through Brock's... after thorough in-house testing has been performed.

I have asked Rickey and Don to chime on this thread with any other particulars they might want to add.

Brock

·
Registered
587 Posts
^Can't freaking wait lol

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hi guys
Just wanted to help Brock out on this forum as he is doing the best he can to answer for me.
Yes Brock is right, I was in Ohio attempting to run over 220mph on my Yellow Corn sponsored 2016 H2.
About 2 weeks before the event I sent my bike to sponsor Don Guhl to tune the very first H2 on E85. Our concern wasnt if stock 90lbs injectors would provide enough fueling because that's enough to handle 600hp. But what nobody knew was that I had been quietly developing parts that would dramatically increase air flow which in turn would demand quite a bit more fueling. I got home with my bike on Monday but my shipment of test parts were held up in customs for 8 days which meant I did not receive them til Tuesday eve, 1 day before leaving for the event.
I was very disappointed in dyno numbers Don Guhl provided after tuning on E85 which he told me should be good for an additional 10-15 hp over other flashed ECU H2's.
Don explained that even though the number was low by my standard,I must understand that his dyno read very low compared to others. Bottom line was my Yellow Corn H2 started with 184hp and left with 249hp. That's a 65 horse gain with E85 conversion accounting for 15 of that total gain.
When I dyno'd my bike at my shop I quickly learned that my Dynojet 250i read the same low numbers as Don Guhl Dyno.
I made some pulls and had settled on 246hp before I spent the next 4 hrs installing my RG62 Performance extreme pkg which had never been tested by my guys over seas on E85.
Preliminary results showed that kit dramatic leaned out A/F to 14-15.1 which would have never survived.

I loaded up after sending Dyno files to Don Guhl and we met in Ohio where he calculated a tune from just looking at A/F on sheet and downloaded to my ECU. My initial run was aborted because it appeared the clutched where slipping the 1st 3 gears.
After looking at video it was confirmed the tire was spinning. On next run the wind was affecting everyone's safety and although I gave it a shot I was leaning against the wind the whole run while fighting 1/4 throttle wheelies in every gear. I could not get past half throttle because I kept losing the front end then aborting the run because of severe cross winds. I aborted the run and was floored to see a 204mph ticket.
We gave up and headed to Brocks to see if our guess tune was even close.
Brock agreed to test his new Dyno software by using Ebes H2 to the tune of 251.
1st pull we learned had I been able to hold throttle wide open during the mile run we have melted parts.
Even after achieving a 51hp gain over customers standard flashed pump gas H2, we realized we still had some issues with fueling to sort out to get A/F to 11.9 level.
The RG62 performance plus pkg is worth up to 30 proven and tested hp and have been run on test H2 wide open for 1 mile over 30 times during our 6 month extensive testing phase.
Pre orders will be taken and 1st shipment of kits will arrive in the country by last week of May or early June depending on customs. 2nd shipment not likely til August.

Thanks
Rickey Gadson

·
Registered
148 Posts
Will the RG62 package include some sort of new air intake pipe to the supercharger? This is where a large air restriction is and a lot of people have been trying to figure out a new design. I would pay top dollar for a less restrictive air filter tube.

·
Registered
125 Posts
What kind of hp gain would their be with MR12 with this setup? I know a lot of gas stations in my neck of the woods have e85 but often its closer to e70. I would rather have a map switch so I could use Mr12 when it was time to go really fast. Any thoughts or suggestions appreciated.

"The RG62 performance plus pkg is worth up to 30 proven and tested hp and have been run on test H2 wide open for 1 mile over 30 times during our 6 month extensive testing phase." How much of a gain is their with pump fuel?

·
Registered
573 Posts
I don't think you will be able to use a switch to toggle between E85 and race gas. I suspect the E85 would require much bigger injectors to realize a gain and probably a different fuel pump. I know when you run methanol you have to just about double the flow to realize max gains. I am guessing Rickey is exploring this because of his new "yellow corn" paint scheme.

My favorite drag racing class is the automotive Pro Mod category where you have huge nitrous motors battling blown motors on ethanol, it just a continual battle to see which version can make the most power and allow the motors to still (sorta) survive.

·
Registered
428 Posts
What kind of hp gain would their be with MR12 with this setup? I know a lot of gas stations in my neck of the woods have e85 but often its closer to e70. I would rather have a map switch so I could use Mr12 when it was time to go really fast. Any thoughts or suggestions appreciated.

"The RG62 performance plus pkg is worth up to 30 proven and tested hp and have been run on test H2 wide open for 1 mile over 30 times during our 6 month extensive testing phase." How much of a gain is their with pump fuel?
"What kind of hp gain would their be with MR12 with this setup?"

That's a great question. My estimate is that boost levels with this kit (especially the max hp version) would surpass the anti-knock capabilities of lower octane (89-90) fuel use? I would hope 92-93 would suffice? Of course, new fuel mapping will be required with any additional boost and I saw enough in 5 pulls to get my wheels turning on some potential ECU flash modifications.

This is what testing is all about. I love this sh*t :D

BD

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have the stage2 package. How much additional gain can be expected? Does the kit involve engine tear down? Pump gas? Can't wait!!

1 - 20 of 245 Posts