Ninja H2 banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I just wanted to introduce myself my name is Nick I have been looking into motorcycles for a long time and the guy at the Kawasaki dealer convinced me that the H2 was the best of the best so I picked it up and it just needs to get shipped to my house (I have no endorsement yet). Looking forward to learning how to ride and chatting with you all.

·
Banned
546 Posts
Is this bait? The H2 is going to be the bike you learn on? For real? If this isn't a joke, maybe you should, uh, reconsider? If not and a Kawi dealer really talked you into it, make sure your immediate family knows so the estate has someone to sue after you've gone.

Dibs on the motor!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome to the forum, glad to have another H2 owner here.

What other bikes have you owned in the past?
I have never owned a street bike. I have ridden a scooter though so I have the balance aspect down. The kawi dealer told me that I could learn on this as it has electronic safety nets. Thank you for welcoming me!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is this bait? The H2 is going to be the bike you learn on? For real? If this isn't a joke, maybe you should, uh, reconsider? If not and a Kawi dealer really talked you into it, make sure your immediate family knows so the estate has someone to sue after you've gone.

Dibs on the motor!
No this isn't bait I picked one up today. I have been riding scooters for years so I know the balance aspect of riding. The Kawi dealer told me that the electronics on this bike are advanced so I can learn on it.

·
Registered
69 Posts
there is a steep, I mean really steep learning curve ahead of you. Just be careful mate.

and personally I wouldn't trust that dealer if they try to push a H2 to a scooter rider.

·
Banned
546 Posts
No this isn't bait I picked one up today. I have been riding scooters for years so I know the balance aspect of riding. The Kawi dealer told me that the electronics on this bike are advanced so I can learn on it.
I think the Kawi dealer that told you that needs to go to jail for criminal negligence. Don't do it man. I've been at this for 20 years and the H2, regardless of digital nannies, ain't gonna stop you getting killed. Seriously, you're making a huge mistake. Don't do it.

'You've got the balance aspect of riding'. Seriously, you're not messing with us? If you honestly think holding the bike upright is part of the challenge of motorcycling I don't suspect you'll live much more than a week after you get it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wow that's one first bike,the H2 is like a alpha predator of the bike world,please be careful
I plan on it! No worries, I am mature when it comes to learning this kind of stuff. I want to get through this riding season (live in MI) with having the safety features cranked up all the way. I need to take a MSF class too so I can get my endorsement. Just need to find time between classes and sports.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think the Kawi dealer that told you that needs to go to jail for criminal negligence. Don't do it man. I've been at this for 20 years and the H2, regardless of digital nannies, ain't gonna stop you getting killed. Seriously, you're making a huge mistake. Don't do it.

'You've got the balance aspect of riding'. Seriously, you're not messing with us? If you honestly think holding the bike upright is part of the challenge of motorcycling I don't suspect you'll live much more than a week after you get it.
Full throttle motorsports. I don't want to get the salesperson in trouble, I am an adult and definitely agreed to wanting it. Can't you turn this bike into a very pedestrian ride if you turn on all the safety features?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Full throttle motorsports. I don't want to get the salesperson in trouble, I am an adult and definitely agreed to wanting it. Can't you turn this bike into a very pedestrian ride if you turn on all the safety features?

I hope this is a joke! With all the "safety features" on does not reduce the Torque & the 200+ Horsepower. Your dealer should be ****.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I hope this is a joke! With all the "safety features" on does not reduce the Torque & the 200+ Horsepower. Your dealer should be ****.
He said with the launch control on you can't flip the bike even if you accidentally pin the throttle to start. Wouldn't that offset the torque???

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Listen...to all who've been riding...or critcizing this guy's choice.Tell me...is not the wrist the deciding factor with ANY bike?So he puts her on KTRC 2...takes it easy...maybe a MSF course to go with it.I don't see a problem.Long as he keeps his wits about him and understands how the clutch and all work,I say,why not?This bike can easily be ridden sanely and safely.Plus it's reasonably light...so there shouldn't be a problem keeping her balanced.I'd say,maybe get some instruction from someone who knows how to ride well.He should be fine.I can see this as an easy bike to learn on.It's fairly small...and quite gentle if ridden this way.The only thing I might imagine is a tipover...which would be a bummer.

I'd say for this guy...great!Picked a really great bike to begin his motorcycling adventure.**** of a lot easier to manuever and ride than say,a cruiser or something.

I'd say...to the poster...get a guy who can give you some coaching at first...so you know the basics of braking and such.I see no problem.

Only thing I'd suggest is STAY OFF the front brake if you're doing any parking lot practice or slow moving in traffic or turning.ANY bike will tip in while turning at slow speeds....you don't want that when you're moving at only a few MPH.Pull in the clutch,and use it to pull you along,but not fully engaged.And look ahead to where you're intending to go...think ahead.Brake accordingly...before you get to where you actually want to turn or stop.Do NOT brake while cornering at slow speeds.

Hold the clutch in at stops,till you get used to finding Neutral...that may take some getting used to with this particular bike.When in second and coming to a stop...pull in the clutch,TAP the shift lever lightly DOWN...you should get Neutral pretty easily.If not...click into 1st,then up into 2nd,and tap down again.You'll get the feel for it.If you stall it...pull in clutch,click down into 1st,start engine...and go again.Great choice there...happy for ya;)

Forget about the Launch control(turn that OFF)...you don't need that going on.Just ride her easy and get used to the weight.You'll be fine.If you have an issue with the throttle response,just roll your thumb over the grip housing...that'll steady your grip application.Until you get used to how it feels.It's not gonna just throw ya off.Go easy,small inputs to begin with.

"Torque & the 200+ Horsepower"...yeah?So what.He's not gonna be using that anyway.Not now.He won't see 200 HP learning to ride.Give him a break;)

·
Registered
88 Posts
This has to be a joke. In case it is not a joke, please go back to your dealer and buy a Ninja 300 ABS or a Ninja 650 ABS. It will be such a shame to trash an H2 learning to ride. You can keep the H2. I figure since if you are buying an H2 for your first real motorcycle, money is obviously not a problem for you, so $6,000 for a Ninja 300 ABS should not be a problem. Think of it as a Ninja H2 accessory (heck a top of the line exhaust system for this bike is going to cost maybe $3,000). I talk to people daily who are looking to get thier first bike and I have heard it all. I won't recommend a ZX6R for a first bike. I like to remind new riders that anyone can twist the grip. I ask them if they have ever seen one of those videos where the rider falls off the bike and the bike keeps going? They always say, yeah....I then remind them that the bike does not even need a rider to stay up. It will keep going until it gets too slow or hits something. What you have to learn is how to stop and how to turn. On this bike things happen fast, it stops fast, it turns fast, and it goes fast. The H2 or any supersport motorcycle on the market today are not forgiving motorcycles. ABS and traction control do not make a motorcycle crash proof. I have seen plenty of crashed bikes with ABS and traction control. There is this new thing called YouTube that is full of videos of people who thought they had it all figured out. Congratulations on buying an awesome bike, but please hear some of the advice you are being given, by some very experienced, seasoned, and wise riders. I have seen plenty of new buyers wreck very quickly after purchasing and I can tell you that it brings on a very quick case of buyers remorse. As a dealer we hate to see it. We want our customers to enjoy their purchase for a long time to come.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Well...okay...the idea of getting a small sportbike is a good one...to get used to the feel and all...I stand somewhat corrected...and yes...I'd say KEEP the H2...you will get tired pretty quickly with a much smaller bike....GOOD LUCK!

I guess I'm just kinda going by my own experiences with my bikes over the years.My first REAL bike was Harley Heritage...no lightweight that's for sure.Hadn't ridden for 30 years.The bike before that was a Yammie 175,when I was around 17 or so.I just pretty much bought that Harley and started riding it...never thought I might wreck it or something...I just wanted a cool bike for my own.It was a cool bike.Next was a zzr1200...that was my first
sportlike motorcycle.Never looked back after that one.ZX12R,ZX14,and a now 14R(2013)...plus my new H2.The idea I somehow should be afraid or something NEVER crossed my mind.Afterall...they're just bikes.Fast as heck...yup...but still.

I think what gets a lot of new riders in trouble is the FEEL of the 'power' when at slow speeds...the sudden pull...it can throw a curve at ya if you're not used to that feel.Just shut the gas down and don't panic...that's all a guy needs to remember when learning.Close the throttle and go easy.We are afterall in control of how these things behave.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts