Ninja H2 banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone.

Picked up my 2016 H2 a few weeks ago.

Had a planned operation so only had two days with her before I couldn't ride for a while but hoping to be back on-board in around a weeks time. 200 miles under my belt so far and fallen in love with the bike already :)

Only mods so far have been a custom seat cover and SC Project Exhaust. Currently getting a full paint protection film fitted too which should be finished on Monday.

Had a HP4 Carbon and RSV4RF before the H2.

Cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
170 Posts
Hi Busby,
Congrats on the new bike, it looks mean with that exhaust. Where and with what are you getting it wrapped and what was the quote if i may ask?
Speedy recovery to you post op.

Cheers

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the welcomes guys.

The paint protection is being done by Tony Hill of Tony James Designs. He has done all of my cars and bikes for years and always does an amazing job as he templates and cuts bespoke pieces rather than using a kit. He also puts a layer of G Techniq Exo and C2 on top of the film too once it's all installed. I'll pop some links below to his website and Facebook page.

Material wise we decided against 3M, Suntek or Xpel for various reasons. I'll get details of the film that we've actually used this afternoon (I can't recall the manufacturer) and post up the details. I can also post some pictures - there are only a few spots left to do today and under the bright halogens in the garage you struggle to see it. I'll see what it's like outdoors later on!

https://www.facebook.com/tonyjamesdesignsltd/

3M VentureShield Car & Motorcycle Paint Protection film from Tony James Designs

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
For the guys asking about the film - there is a mix of Clearshield Pro and Xpel (the satin pieces) across the bike.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I see he is in Birmingham? Right by me, how much does he charge and how long does he have your bike for?
Yes, he's Midlands based but travels all over the place!

Price and time would be dependent on the level of coverage you want. I don't think he'd need more than a day (overnight at most) to do the entire bike. Price wise I'd be guessing at around £350 for the whole bike - I'm guessing as he's been doing a few things for me so I've paid for more than one job in one hit.

Definitely worth giving him a call and having a chat about what you might like to do. :)

·
Registered
765 Posts
Ok, I had a chat with Tony earlier, he is going to call me when he has finished yours. He sounds very professional and helpful. I would love to see some more pics of your bike when completed.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks Busby for all the info. Much appreciated m8. Keep us informed please.
No worries mate - will do.

Ok, I had a chat with Tony earlier, he is going to call me when he has finished yours. He sounds very professional and helpful. I would love to see some more pics of your bike when completed.
Good stuff. He's a top bloke and his work is fantastic. Like I said, I guessed at round about what the H2 cost was as it was mixed up with the other stuff, so it might be a bit more or it might be a bit less. Either way I can tell you from experience that he won't rip you off and he'll do a cracking job.

If you're local you are welcome to come take a look too.

I'm all over the place this week but will get the bike outside for some proper pictures at the end of the week. Tony is going to the house at some point this week to finish the fins off!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Welcome and great job.
Is it the same kind of companies doing covering stuffs? Is he having a network or does he know someone doing the same work in France?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Welcome and great job.
Is it the same kind of companies doing covering stuffs? Is he having a network or does he know someone doing the same work in France?
Thanks mate.

No, he just does the paint protection film and doesn't do any repair work. I shall ask him about installers in France and see if he knows anybody. Whereabouts in France are you?

·
Registered
503 Posts
Hi Busby

Did you have your H2 from Cradley Kawaski as Gareth told me the last one he sold was a part ex with a rsv4

Mines due in this week

Rob

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hi Busby

Did you have your H2 from Cradley Kawaski as Gareth told me the last one he sold was a part ex with a rsv4

Mines due in this week

Rob
Hi Rob

Yes, that's me! Gareth is a top bloke and really good to deal with.

Hope the weather stays like it is for your collection. Is the plan for you to pick up the bike next week at some point or are they able to turn it around quickly for you?

·
Registered
503 Posts
Hi Rob

Yes, that's me! Gareth is a top bloke and really good to deal with.

Hope the weather stays like it is for your collection. Is the plan for you to pick up the bike next week at some point or are they able to turn it around quickly for you?
They will be holding mine for a few weeks, don't want it yet (well I do really) as I'm having some work done at home and the garage is a mess

I presume your pretty local to me, would it be possible to pop over at some point to have a look at the paint shield you are having put on, I have another source but always good to compare

Cheers Rob

1 - 20 of 23 Posts