Ninja H2 banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! 3 weeks ago i made the leap and purchased a brand new 2016 Ninja H2 fresh out of the crate! apperantly im the only one who thought it was a good idea considering im 23 and have only been riding since May, but its my dream bike and nothing was going to stop me from owning one! haha, since im relatively new to owning an H2 and over all bikes in general! any advice or help would be greatley appreciated! im happy to be here and if anyone in the Boston, or state of MA and ever wants to hit the pavement shoot me a PM!

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haha yeah, i got lucky and landed a good summer job doing concrete, and by the end i was able to afford it, and didnt wanna have 20 years go by and regret not buying one, and i get out on it every chance i can! and thankyou very much!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lmao. i assume he saw my pic and saw i dont wear any, just canvas pants and a T shirt, i have that orange stuff i wear under my pants, its soft but if u hit it it turns hard to protect u, its used alot for back protection, and i usually wear forearm protection and gloves. but on exceptionally hot days ill go without forearm protection. i do plan on buying a decent leather jacket and some boots in about a week when i get a check. do either of you got any recommendations for a good Jacket? im tryin to keep it under 500 ish

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
I have a Dianese D-1 leather jacket.VERY nice...less than 500 bucks...I think on the net they were going anywhere from 400+ down to 300+...pretty good.Definitely worth the price IMO.Good armor.Thick leather.Vented also.Nice fitment.Bought the pants to along with it(300+ bucks.AND the boots(200+...'pro boots' I think they called em[maybe D-1 also]).It was like a three item set,zippers attach top and bottom around the waist.Boots are very comfortable and built really well.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I just picked up this Alpinestars jacket this week:
Missile Leather Jacket Tech-Air Compatible | Alpinestars

If you reach out to Ridersdiscount (one of the forum sponsors) I think you'll be really happy with the price on it.

Really awesome jacket for the price. Plus you can pick up the Tech-Air airbag that integrates into the jacket. The airbag is pretty pricey but a solid investment to me.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I have been riding for almost 50 years, raced flat track, desert, road raced. I am a firm believer in protection. Leather is the material of choice, of course Kangaroo is so much better. BUT what really changed motorcycling for me was Mesh!!! A decent mesh jacket comes with armor and a waterproof liner. I have a fleece lined windbreaker I will wear under it if it gets cold and I'm good to about 50f. Now I do not dread hot days. Here is the deal with mesh, it keeps the sun off of your skin and lets the air go through, on super hot days where I am riding a long distance I will wear a cooling vest. If you sweat a bit at a stop light as soon as you move you have a cooling effect. You are now protected from the sun, abrasion, bugs and actually cooler than just bare skin. So let me say it again MESH!!!

·
Registered
503 Posts
Hello and welcome

Enjoy your purchase

23 and got a H2, I cant imagine the ridiculous cost for a 23 year old to insure one in the Uk

As said, get some good quality leathers;)

Rob

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hello and welcome

Enjoy your purchase

23 and got a H2, I cant imagine the ridiculous cost for a 23 year old to insure one in the Uk

As said, get some good quality leathers;)

Rob
My older insurance wanted around 650 dollars US a month, but i found a new insurance agency that is charging me only $270 US so i got pretty lucky.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
1 - 15 of 15 Posts