Ninja H2 banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
New member, former ZX-12R owner till stolen, currently just a Z1000, presently down for a few months with broken leg.

Really appreciate the forum: I've been planning for some time to get an H2 as soon as possible and it's great learning from everyone here.

Sure hope OzBooster will have later runs of his intercooler not just the first 8!

Thank you everyone for your great contributions.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Hey Don! Thank you! Great to see you and I really appreciate your remembering!

Good times then. A shame that the .org folded after a while, as I learned only recently, way behind the curve. Definitely an outstanding bunch of guys, as was true at Bikeland as well.

I'm not sure if I ever posted at Bikeland what ultimately happened. Immediately or almost immediately after the 12R was stolen in the middle of the build, what had been very successful business-wise for years took a 90% reduction. Suddenly, bike gone as well as nearly all the parts (thankfully not quite all, so some remained for a forum friend to acquire later!) and income below expenses even after slashing to the bone and giving up my house, moving to inexpensive rental. That took a long time to resolve and I was out of riding entirely for some time due to it. I was very discouraged because I put a huge amount of thought, time, and care into that bike and the 12R was so great to ride that losing it was a real blow. That, as well as I think avoiding an ongoing reminder of what I was missing, kept me from going to the forums at all.

I did for quite some time think surely the situation would reverse reasonably soon (incorrect.)

I feel I did the wrong thing now by not communicating the unfortunate events and instead dropping off the grid. But, not riding, I just didn't feel like I'd genuinely fit in still posting on a top-performance bike forum. Now I regret it because I'd have liked to stay in touch.

Mistakes bring regrets but also hopefully learning (I try to tell myself.)

·
Registered
434 Posts
We all have regrets mate!

I think you will be making up for it by joining this site and acquiring a H2 (eventually!).

Yes the old .org was a great place, new one not bad but I guess it's a case of looking back with rose coloured glasses!

Don.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts