Ninja H2 banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys.
My name is Jay. I'm new to the forum. I'm currently own the ZX-10R. Long story short, I saw the H2 in person for the first time few months back and fell in love right a way. After many weeks of thinking about purchasing it, I finally made up my mind and decided to get one.
However, I have few questions for you guys.
From what I researched I know that Kawasaki will produce more H2 for 2016. Can anyone confirm this?
Also, I'm located in Southern California, USA. I'm just wondering if any H2 owners here in CA can share some experience with me about your purchase? Like how much did you end up paying OTD for the H2? Were you able to negotiate with the dealerships? And where did you make your purchase?
I never purchase a brand new bike before since I always got them used. Any advises or tips would be awesome.
Thanks again guys :)

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Welcome Jay.I don't know if a 2016 model can be confirmed.They probably will make one for 2016...as of now...the 'ordering' window for the 2015 is closed.Sorry to tell ya that.There are some new ones not sold on the internet however.You may find one there.If you're in no rush...maybe wait a bit for the 2016 model year bikes to come out.Maybe this month sometime?If it is being offered for 2016...it'll be in there(on their site).Or call Kawasaki Irvine..main headquarters in California.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah. I'm not in a rush to get it. I guess I'll wait it out for a bit to see what's going on for 2016. I actually live about 10 mins away from their headquarters in Irvine, but never thought of calling or stop by to see them. Lol. That's a good idea though. I'll check them out sometimes this week and hopefully get some more info from them :)

·
Registered
97 Posts
I am in Southern Calif near the Irvine Kawasaki also & I have an H2. Temple City Powersports in San Gabriel, ca had an new H2 in stock (at least they did a couple of weeks ago). If interested you can call Dean or Greg : Tel: 626-287-6167.

Most are sold at MSRP with is 25k plus tax license & maybe dealer prep. I didn't negotiate the price. I am not sure you can.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
There Ya Go!It IS totally possible that a 2016 model could be released...AND...it may actually be cheaper?IDK.Maybe just wait for a while?If they do release a new model...the 2015's just might end up dropping at MSRP prices...maybe?Just to get em cleared out and sold.

You'll have some leverage(on a 2015) if they do release a 2016.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
80% chance of 2016 model,but you will never see the Mirror Coated Black on a production Kawasaki again.
Also the River Mark emblem may not be used,may not be called a H2 either.
I'll find out more in a few more weeks.

·
Registered
787 Posts
I Agree about the silver finish, lovely as it is what a pain to keep on top of. Kawasaki did want to make the 2015 bike stand out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the replies guys. So I guess in "few weeks" they will announce the 2016 model? If you guys know anything, please keep me posted. As I recalled, the first time I saw the H2 in person, I couldn't sleep that night lol.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Thanks for all the replies guys. So I guess in "few weeks" they will announce the 2016 model? If you guys know anything, please keep me posted. As I recalled, the first time I saw the H2 in person, I couldn't sleep that night lol.
Wait until you ride one,then tell us how u cant sleep, personally I would just find one and buy it.Here in Australia Ford and holden are closing, there was only 1 last V8 supercharged ute to be produced before closure.I stuck my neck out among rumor's they would produce another one or more of them. End of story there were 100 units only made and I have one,so just grab stuff that you want when you want it.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
"but you will never see the Mirror Coated Black on a production Kawasaki again"...Hallelujah!.There IS a GOD!LOL!!!

J/K ;)

·
Registered
97 Posts
2016 h2/r2-wouldn't miss the paint or the current bars.

:)
Welcome to the forum.
80% chance of 2016 model,but you will never see the Mirror Coated Black on a production Kawasaki again.
Also the River Mark emblem may not be used,may not be called a H2 either.
I'll find out more in a few more weeks.

Yes, maybe it will be called "NINJA R2" which Kawasaki Trademarked a few months ago.

IMO I wouldn't miss the Mirror Coated Black paint. It is great if it was not going to be ridden & was just like a painting. Yes, it is unique & the most high quality paint job that was probably ever applied to a stock bike, however, it is like my wife: HIGH MAINTENANCE. I get tired of pushing my butt back in the seat to be sure my jacket is not rubbing on the Gas Tank. KNOWING KAWASAKI'S HISTORY OF PERFORMANCE BIKES, I PURCHASED THE BIKE SOLELY FOR THE SUPERCHARGER, NOT FOR THE PAINT JOB.

OF COURSE, SINCE I DISCUSSING THINGS THAT I WOULD LIKE CHANGED. I WOULD LIKE A VERSION OF THE H2 OR R2 (WHATEVER THE NEXT VERSION IS GOING TO BE CALLED. THAT HAD "NAKED BIKE" BARS TO MAKE IT MORE COMFORTABLE
WHEN STREET RIDING FOR IT'S "SUPER STREET BIKE" STATUS.

Of course, don't get me wrong, I love the bike. Its the best bike I had in my 58 years of riding bike. I am now 73 Years young. My first bike in the 1950's was a Harley Davidson Hummer 165cc with a big 5hp when I was 15.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I thought of getting it used but then since this bike is so exclusive and I'm planning to keep it for a very long time. So I think it might be better for me to be the original owner. Idk if that makes any sense haha. But yeah.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Probably be fine unless you regularly let it sit basking in the Sun.Honestly...I really don't know if this particular paint would discolor.It's not like anything else out there.Maybe it would actually get worse?I figure...if I decide to ever sell...the new owner would perhaps like the protectors on there...I know mine have saved so far all scratching possibilities.Since this paint is non-repairable...to me..scratches that can't be rubbed out could really make the paintwork look quite damaged over time.Nobody wants a bike looking like that.Especially something like this one.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Sorry, but I do not want to attach "tank Protectors" to my Paint. What is the paint going to look like when it is removed. Is it going to be 2 tone?
Get your bike wrapped,had mine done with 3m Pro shield ,no more scuufing.Template for full coverage of all parts will be released soon.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Almost all production vehicles,cars/bikes have 1 or more coats of clear over the base coat.
If you use the right polishes,waxes etc etc,your paint will last longer than you.
I've had no trouble removing any swirl marks or light scratches with my H2.Unless you consistently use a harsh cutting compound you will not penetrate the clear coat.
As for decals,tank pads you will not have any issues unless they are not applied properly and water can seep into the edges.
After removal of any decals etc,with the right adhesive removalist and polish there will be zero noticeable difference in the color,even after many years.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
"I've had no trouble removing any swirl marks or light scratches with my H2"...true story there.It's not so bad..long as I keep up with it.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Being a short ass 5'5" my jacket has a fair bit of contact with the tank,right up to just below the fuel cap at certain times and this immediately left scuff marks and added a certain dull look,this happened even after heaps of coats on Dr beasley paint stuff which i think is a little over rated.Yes you can get some marks out with polish etc but over time i dont think that is the answer.Since having the bike wrapped i am now more confortable in the hills as i am not paranoid about using my knee against the tank whilst cornering.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts