Ninja H2 banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, everyone. Like all cycles, but especially Kawasaki. Still riding the 1990 ZX11 and the 2000 ZX12R. Ordered my H2R back in December and it's been a long winter's wait here in Alaska (still waiting like everyone else). Will trailer it to southeastern US, visit family and get some track time. Enjoy reading a lot of the posts.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Welcome GreenIce (really like the user name), your H2R will be a nice addition to your stable for sure.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Love to see how the Superleggera and H2R get along as room mates, thats enough BSD for any garage ;):D

·
Registered
240 Posts
Hi, everyone. Like all cycles, but especially Kawasaki. Still riding the 1990 ZX11 and the 2000 ZX12R. Ordered my H2R back in December and it's been a long winter's wait here in Alaska (still waiting like everyone else). Will trailer it to southeastern US, visit family and get some track time. Enjoy reading a lot of the posts.
Nice stable!

I still have my 11 and 12 as well.

Little jealous on the H2R, almost pulled the trigger myself, but don't have any tracks around here, and that would have driven me crazy!:eek:

·
Registered
587 Posts
I have been hearing that the R is basically banned in 3/4 of the tracks in the country due to noise.. (Didn't ban bike specifically but spl measurements have) I've heard that another exhaust is being designed to Lowe noise. I believe the proliferation of loud pipes on track and street is not helping our sport as this is some of the main ammo folks have. On the street loud is obvious. People think who cares on track but it can be rough for neighbors.. I for one leave my pipes stock. More to not attract attention. This bike needs a pipe due to the monstrosity that comes stock lol I think this is further illustrated by the bike fuming stock with that akra

Edit. The akra was made for street though if I'm not mistaken. But most people consider pipes like this a waste of money.. I don't think so as it gives some sound without being so obnoxious that you get cops called on you everywhere..

·
Super Moderator
699 Posts
The H2R stock exhaust has no chance of passing sound check at any track that has one, but I have no doubt that full exhaust systems will show up, and should all fit both bikes. These will require a large muffler size to get adequate noise reduction without being restrictive. For example, the stock H2 exhaust... for that matter, that ought to fit the R as well ...

·
Registered
554 Posts
Question for those more in the know then I. What about the R's lack of belly pan, I was under the impression that most tracks/trackdays require a belly pan???

·
Super Moderator
699 Posts
Question for those more in the know then I. What about the R's lack of belly pan, I was under the impression that most tracks/trackdays require a belly pan???
Topic wandering from welcoming the original poster to this forum, but he DID mention track days :)

Many roadracing series, including all that I participate in, mandate the use of belly pans, but I know of no track-day organizers who do that.

For track days, normally, change out the coolant for water+WaterWetter, remove or tape over lights and mirrors (no need on H2R since it doesn't have them anyhow), ensure that tires + brakes + chain are ok, and it is good to go.

I suspect the lack of belly pan is because no plastic within reasonable distance would survive the heat loading ...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Welcome GreenIce (really like the user name), your H2R will be a nice addition to your stable for sure.
Thanks, OKH2. That's not a bad looking corral of animals you're feeding either.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Love to see how the Superleggera and H2R get along as room mates, thats enough BSD for any garage ;):D
Bazza, that is hilarious! Might not be able to walk in my own garage after that!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nice stable!

I still have my 11 and 12 as well.

Little jealous on the H2R, almost pulled the trigger myself, but don't have any tracks around here, and that would have driven me crazy!:eek:
I know how you feel. I think the closest track to me is Edmonton, about 2100 miles away. Like you I am somewhat comforted by the other two Ninjas…for now anyway.

Reactions: shotgun15

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have been hearing that the R is basically banned in 3/4 of the tracks in the country due to noise.. (Didn't ban bike specifically but spl measurements have) I've heard that another exhaust is being designed to Lowe noise. I believe the proliferation of loud pipes on track and street is not helping our sport as this is some of the main ammo folks have. On the street loud is obvious. People think who cares on track but it can be rough for neighbors.. I for one leave my pipes stock. More to not attract attention. This bike needs a pipe due to the monstrosity that comes stock lol I think this is further illustrated by the bike fuming stock with that akra

Edit. The akra was made for street though if I'm not mistaken. But most people consider pipes like this a waste of money.. I don't think so as it gives some sound without being so obnoxious that you get cops called on you everywhere..
Hey, Turtle1000. I know you are correct about the noise limits, but I figured it was best to have the bike and then let Kawasaki or the aftermarket catch up with it. One of the better things about living in Alaska is that there are so many motorcycles per capita and a large percentage own loud Harley's (like me). Small amount of people complain about noise because most people are making noise. Still a very frontier feel here, but no tracks for bikes allows one to take long road trips.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The H2R stock exhaust has no chance of passing sound check at any track that has one, but I have no doubt that full exhaust systems will show up, and should all fit both bikes. These will require a large muffler size to get adequate noise reduction without being restrictive. For example, the stock H2 exhaust... for that matter, that ought to fit the R as well ...
GoFaster, I hope you're right about full systems showing up. I. too, think the H2 system should fit, giving me an opportunity to hit the track somewhere.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
587 Posts
Hey, Turtle1000. I know you are correct about the noise limits, but I figured it was best to have the bike and then let Kawasaki or the aftermarket catch up with it. One of the better things about living in Alaska is that there are so many motorcycles per capita and a large percentage own loud Harley's (like me). Small amount of people complain about noise because most people are making noise. Still a very frontier feel here, but no tracks for bikes allows one to take long road trips.
I didn't think there was too many tracks to ride that thing up there. **** there is plenty odf land cheap.. Just build your own! I have read an exhaust for tracks with spl limit.

IF you could ride R on street ak would be the spot due to lack of people to call cops lol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts